Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Oh i know, I am not saying that is the cause of breakage. Pulling on it like that though, might not be a good thing. So, is that piece supposed to flex like that? i guess it is. Are the replacements flexible in any way? I have 5 boxed V2, tvHikky, tvMax, tvKaki, TvRoy, and a 1D. I have never opened them, but i know tvHIkky is prone to cracked shoulders due to the shoulder pin thing.

I bought M&M from Shizuka_the_cat, and this is the very first time [cherry popped] I handle the V2 1/60. I just find i have to exert a lot of force on that rotating hinge, and it worried me. i don't want to loose the screws, as i think that could exacerbate the problem in the long run.

I was about to declare it the best Valk in the history of Macross. I still think it is the best ever, but i prefer what they did with the 1/48 in that regard. 

Yes, i do own a DX 1/48, but i don't feel is that much fun playing it. Maybe it is just me.

Edited by vlenhoff

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

His face and body proportions. Anyways, I'm using Amazing Yamaguchi Magneto for my main display so NBD.

I’m going to entirely disagree about proportions and chuckle a tad at the Revo proportions.  Also, that second head sculpt is literally the first page from X-Men #2 but with the eyes whited out.

8B1B1F53-1B57-4A01-8C1B-CBF4F4041897.thumb.jpeg.eacefee4565dd432fd9516adc6b96157.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I’m going to entirely disagree about proportions and chuckle a tad at the Revo proportions.  Also, that second head sculpt is literally the first page from X-Men #2 but with the eyes whited out.

8B1B1F53-1B57-4A01-8C1B-CBF4F4041897.thumb.jpeg.eacefee4565dd432fd9516adc6b96157.jpeg

I like Jim Lee as much as anyone but just because the toy face may be meant to look like JL's version, it doesn't look good to me. Anyways like I said, I'm happy with the Revo and that's all that matters for my collection. I haven't opened this set yet so maybe it will look better to me in hand.

17 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Oh i know, I am not saying that is the cause of breakage. Pulling on it like that though, might not be a good thing. So, is that piece supposed to flex like that? i guess it is. Are the replacements flexible in any way? I have 5 boxed V2, tvHikky, tvMax, tvKaki, TvRoy, and a 1D. I have never opened them, but i know tvHIkky is prone to cracked shoulders do to the pin thing.

I bought M&M from Shizuka_the_cat, and this is the very first time [cherry popped] I handle the V2 1/60. I just find i have to exert a lot of force on that rotating hinge, and it worried me. i don't want to loose the screws, as i think that could exacerbate the problem in the long run.

I was about to declare it the best Valk in the history of Macross. I still think it is the best ever, but i prefer what they did with the 1/48 in that regard. 

Yes, i do own a DX 1/48, but i don't feel is that much fun playing it. Maybe it is just me.

Don't worry about it. After a few transformations you get a feel for just how much force you need to move the shoulders and stop worrying about breaking them. I was nervous about this or that breaking when I first starting buying Yamato 1/48s way back when.

I only worry about the early variants with the cracked shoulder problem. I have a quite a few of those since I went out of my way seeking out VF-1s with the rainbow canopy.

No worries if it's the Arcadia version.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Don't worry about it. After a few transformations you get a feel for just how much force you need to move the shoulders and stop worrying about breaking them. I was nervous about this or that breaking when I first starting buying Yamato 1/48s way back when.

I only worry about the early variants with the cracked shoulder problem. I have a quite a few of those since I went out of my way seeking out VF-1s with the rainbow canopy.

No worries if it's the Arcadia version.

Thanks Lolicon. The 1/48 has a way to avoid the bump, when you leave the hinge unfolded, it goes under the bump. You can also choose to unfold the hinge and with a little resistance it goes by no problem. On the 1/60, you actually have to pull towards you or lift, to go over the bump. It is so weird. Yeah, i bet I can always be careful in that area, but i think it can be improved.

thanks for the reply

Edited by vlenhoff

5 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Thanks Lolicon. The 1/48 has a way to avoid the bump, when you leave the hinge unfolded, it goes under the bump. You can also choose to unfold the hinge and with a little resistance it goes by no problem. On the 1/60, you actually have to pull towards you or lift, to go over the bump. It is so weird. Yeah, i bet I can always be careful in that area, but i think it can be improved.

thanks for the reply

I have 27+ 1/60 v2's, and some of them have survived countless transformations. As others said, don't worry about that backplate bump. The only area of concern are the shoulders of the first releases. I have spare shoulders that Graham sent me ages ago (for Roy's DYRL 2008 first release and the 1D) but have not changed the cracked Roy shoulders and they are still attached, and the 1D has no problem at all.

The 1/60 despite being 11 years old is a great toy. The 1/48 DX is not a huge step forward in the development departament. The 1/60 v2 is the groundbreaking VF-1 IMO.

Free all of your toys from the boxes and enjoy them. With careful handling you should be okay. You might get a lemon here and there, I'm not saying you won't, but you can play with them worry free.

7 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I have 27+ 1/60 v2's, and some of them have survived countless transformations. As others said, don't worry about that backplate bump. The only area of concern are the shoulders of the first releases. I have spare shoulders that Graham sent me ages ago (for Roy's DYRL 2008 first release and the 1D) but have not changed the cracked Roy shoulders and they are still attached, and the 1D has no problem at all.

The 1/60 despite being 11 years old is a great toy. The 1/48 DX is not a huge step forward in the development departament. The 1/60 v2 is the groundbreaking VF-1 IMO.

Free all of your toys from the boxes and enjoy them. With careful handling you should be okay. You might get a lemon here and there, I'm not saying you won't, but you can play with them worry free.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I do have to agree. The 1/60 is perhaps the most groundbreaking, VF-1 of them all. The 1/48 perhaps the most fun. The HMR the most complete line, and also fun. The DX 1/48 perhaps the most finished in term of details, and the scariest to me. 

Edited by vlenhoff

@vlenhoffha! I just bought the rest of the VF-1A that armor set came from, then. Going to use it for a custom paint job, and I've got missiles and such from a 1J that broke.

worked out well for everyone it seems. Well, except my 1J, but it will live on as background scrap in a display!

Edited by jeniusornome

1 minute ago, jeniusornome said:

@vlenhoffha! I just bought the rest of the VF-1A that armor set came from, then. Going to use it for a custom paint job, and I've got missiles and such from a 1J that broke.

worked out well for everyone it seems. Well, except my 1J, but it will live on as background scrap in a display!

Yeah i only wanted a cheap set of armor, and luckily, i found one. I know it is more cost effective to buy the whole thing, but there is no way in hell I will finish the entire HMR line. The 1S models cost nearly as much as less ranking 1/60 valks, now. You can't win them all, and i am fine with that. I am lucky to have what i have, and i am thankful for it.

What happened to the 1J?

heh, my 2-year old was swooshing it around when the nosecone popped off, then the whole thing slipped out of his hand and it took a hard dive onto concrete. Broken tailfins. Nosecone is lost to time and space.

But now, to do a paint job and have a "complete" custom from that 1A, I would have just needed:

• the shoulder filler piece - which I now have a spare
  • some missiles - got those too
  • super pack if I want it - I've got two of the Hi-Metal parts sets
  • and if I was going to paint it, a white heat shield (easier to paint over white than red) - now I have one of those.
  • Plus I've got all the other spare pieces (gun, canopy, hands, wings, landing gear)

And happy ending for everyone: my 2-year old now has his own Toynami VF-1, which I've put through several rounds of the kraggle since I gave it to him, and he is happy as a pig in muck to be able to swoosh one of daddy's planes around.

(I'm actually considering buying one or two more of them since they're so much less expensive than other VFs, and having a spare or two for his little brother might be a good idea...)

(this hobby suuuuuuucks for my paypal account).

Oh man I hear ya. I lost Rey's mouthpiece from the speeder pack, as i took it out of the box. I looked everywhere, and never found it. Last week, after two years and giving up on it, i found it behind my desk. It seems you have all the parts for a fallen valk. Very cool!

That's nice of you. I have a MISB toynami Roy 1S boxed somewhere. You can have it if i find it. You just pay the shipping for it.

Edited by vlenhoff

My sideshow Rogue showed up today.  Also built the arttystation Symphony this weekend.  Sorry for clutter.  Working on rg destiny and Ver la Sinanju and re doing my model room in the same weekend.

0625190053.jpg

1 hour ago, Golden Arms said:

My sideshow Rogue showed up today.  Also built the arttystation Symphony this weekend.  Sorry for clutter.  Working on rg destiny and Ver la Sinanju and re doing my model room in the same weekend.

0625190053.jpg

Where's the clutter? I don't see any clutter. :rolleyes:

Nice Rogue statue. :wub: Is that the one that comes with alternate head?

Oh man, a horrific surprise was waiting for me from BBTS this morning...

137659316_hiddenhorror.jpg.71c4f269df9f719d3131020166c004fd.jpg

No, I'm not talking about the horror figures...

85587340_horrificfigures.jpg.8039f296f83cdc77c4604aeca8eae3e9.jpg

...or the Halloween masks...

1648338362_Mikeymask.thumb.jpg.d34e480294d7c164ae219d5924785b81.jpg

1481816163_Mikeyswork.thumb.jpg.8ba0bf8e8a158604af675437ae6817b0.jpg

Deadite.thumb.jpg.2972778c74ff7071c5c08d38be75f681.jpg

I'm talking about the condition of the Star Wars figures...!  :wacko:

1881756926_damagedChewie.thumb.jpg.1d1ed67c55914e48a9eded1ea67dd6f8.jpg

1435301277_roughed-upLando.thumb.jpg.731c69a5d4e139c65330a393a9854894.jpg

1199473597_misshapenPhasma.thumb.jpg.2829132b5b2d8c419fb4dc43ae90f01f.jpg

1707895781_Chewed-upChewie.thumb.jpg.06e985a84a2574a5bf19b9196e4c6b6a.jpg

What the hell, BBTS?  :vava:

12 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

@vlenhoff I will take you up on that offer, and my kids will thank you. You ever find it just message me. :)

Sure thing. It was going to be Ebayed, but I think your kids will appreciate it more. I'll let you know when i find it, it might take a little while. :blink:

2 hours ago, tekering said:

Oh man, a horrific surprise was waiting for me from BBTS this morning...

137659316_hiddenhorror.jpg.71c4f269df9f719d3131020166c004fd.jpg

No, I'm not talking about the horror figures...

85587340_horrificfigures.jpg.8039f296f83cdc77c4604aeca8eae3e9.jpg

...or the Halloween masks...

1648338362_Mikeymask.thumb.jpg.d34e480294d7c164ae219d5924785b81.jpg

1481816163_Mikeyswork.thumb.jpg.8ba0bf8e8a158604af675437ae6817b0.jpg

Deadite.thumb.jpg.2972778c74ff7071c5c08d38be75f681.jpg

I'm talking about the condition of the Star Wars figures...!  :wacko:

1881756926_damagedChewie.thumb.jpg.1d1ed67c55914e48a9eded1ea67dd6f8.jpg

1435301277_roughed-upLando.thumb.jpg.731c69a5d4e139c65330a393a9854894.jpg

1199473597_misshapenPhasma.thumb.jpg.2829132b5b2d8c419fb4dc43ae90f01f.jpg

1707895781_Chewed-upChewie.thumb.jpg.06e985a84a2574a5bf19b9196e4c6b6a.jpg

What the hell, BBTS?  :vava:

That is a great haul. My 12 year old daughter just picked up the IT Pennywise and accessories set. Neca did a fantastic job on the sculpt and everything else.

Holy Cacabachaca sucks that you received your SW items in such poor condition.