Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

1 hour ago, kkx said:

This shows up today.

So good looking in fighter mode. I am drooling all over it.

IMG_20190418_180006.jpg

Wow your pic there makes it look way more appealing than all the professional promo pics from way back when it came out.

Now I wish I had bought one. :unsure:

Hey where's the gunpod?

17 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Well, i must confess, i dont have a DYRL Kakizaki :(

I do have the TV version, so  i guess i get a D- a well.

LOL I was just pulling, uh, I forgot whose leg I was originally pulling. :unknw:

Really, both Kakizakis are hard to find now, even though they were major shelf warmers back in the day.

32 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Wow your pic there makes it look way more appealing than all the professional promo pics from way back when it came out.

Hey where's the gunpod?

Thanks. They come by occasionally. Do grab one when you can, in person it is so much nicer than all the photo I have seen.

The gun pod was put aside as I was fixing a slightly displaced door flap. Should have taken a photo of that too. It has some matching gold details that make it a bit different from all other gun pods.

Edited by kkx

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Hey where's the gunpod?

LOL I was just pulling, uh, I forgot whose leg I was originally pulling. :unknw:

Really, both Kakizakis are hard to find now, even though they were major shelf warmers back in the day.

I’m pretty sure I bought my dyrl  kaki at a bargain basement price when they were shelf warming. Glad I did now. 

Got another 1:48 Stealth VF-1J -- with Super/Strike parts -- so I could display the FAST packs on my Low-Vis VF-1A...

676927820_StealthFASTpacks.thumb.jpg.fb416b7e0e05208c12ded94cf9505779.jpg

I might just have to give this one the "Lolicon" treatment.  B))

On 4/18/2019 at 7:20 AM, Lolicon said:

Are you using the Wave hangar sets? Or something else?

It's mostly WAVE Hangar parts, yes... although it's built around the vintage "Macross Factory" model kit, and also includes some Zoids diorama sections:

1467688455_Zoidswall.thumb.jpg.9838bb94f747f55e11f6421645093369.jpg

...and NOVA "Ubiquitous" panels (for the ceiling).

1158880132_SuperLow-Visinhangar.thumb.jpg.338407be8e47f599dfdde4d0b7b5386f.jpg

1 hour ago, tekering said:

It's mostly WAVE Hangar parts, yes... although it's built around the vintage "Macross Factory" model kit, and also includes some Zoids diorama sections:

I always love seeing your hangar.  I need to assemble my armored factory...just nowhere to put it at the moment.

6 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Very nice. Is this the one I saw on mandarake? You beat me too it lol

Yup, it is. Hope another one will turn up for you soon.

3 hours ago, borgified said:

@tekering and @kkx - I have another 1/48 valk on the way (from Manda) and pics of it will be here upon receiving it. 

Looking forward to seeing what you get. Manda is running dry, we brought all the 1/48s. :)

55 minutes ago, kkx said:

Looking forward to seeing what you get. Manda is running dry, we brought all the 1/48s. :)

Not quite all though. The valks - 1/48 Angel Bird, Max with Supers and the Kikizaki (with missing parts) is still listed there. The GBP parts and the SSP (regular version) is still listed as well.

I'm sure that someone will nab them eventually.  

Pretty sure I've spent more at Mandarake than any other Japanese shop. It's thanks mostly to them I've been able to fill in pretty much the entire back catalog of Yamato releases, long out of production. I can live without the VF-X and Cavaliers, which are the only ones I'm missing, I think.

I bought these Egg Attack figures because they’re covered in cloth but are done up in proper comic book style colors, unlike Mezco who add weird additional things just because, to see if the argument the Mezco’s would look too plain if done up in proper comic style.  I think there is something to that argument.  The butterfly joints on these things are NUTS.  Impressive articulation.  But for the price both the fabric and stitching are terrible.

B0129F0C-B3F4-4543-8D31-455C9D21AC0A.thumb.jpeg.ed5bbc908139d2041d6a70385fc26a38.jpeg

2 hours ago, Saburo said:

Got some new loaders.

Nice, didn't realize they were model kits.  Looks like fun!

These just came in today, I had thought they were lost for good but they finally arrived after two months.  I had to open up Merda right away!

IMG_20190419_161134.jpg.125c628d44a26c0ef184f2dfb973cd91.jpg

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190419232045672_COVER.jpg.9389a8ad385f02ef753794e747e761ac.jpg

2 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Nice, didn't realize they were model kits.  Looks like fun!

These just came in today, I had thought they were lost for good but they finally arrived after two months.  I had to open up Merda right away!

IMG_20190419_161134.jpg.125c628d44a26c0ef184f2dfb973cd91.jpg

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190419232045672_COVER.jpg.9389a8ad385f02ef753794e747e761ac.jpg

Melda :wub:

The loader made by Mech Fans Toys is pre-assembled. The other 2 are by Rihio, they are 1/60th and bit smaller than the big one and require assembly.

Edited by Saburo

8 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

This is still on my to buy list, congrats on getting one!! B))

Thanks, I am so glad that I found this. Plenty of item on the to buy list still. But have to slow down a bit after all my recent scores.

Good luck with the hunt.

Ooooooh boi!  I got a giant toy of one of my favorite giant robots in the mail today.  I hope they bring Pacific Rim back to theatres someday.  It wasn't a great movie, but it's so awesome to watch on the big screen about 4 rows from the front!  Even a big TV just doesn't do it justice.

IMG_20190419_214735999.thumb.jpg.96b9e3843a426a533ec0728c8a5da40c.jpg

Unfortunately, I was a bit disappointed by the lack of articulation.  I also need to address some connection issues in the lighting.  Looks awesome tho!

IMG_20190420_011341536.thumb.jpg.638f4da3729c61467ff8e2765faccf73.jpg

Edited by Pontus

9 hours ago, Saburo said:

Melda :wub:

The loader made by Mech Fans Toys is pre-assembled. The other 2 are by Rihio, they are 1/60th and bit smaller than the big one and require assembly.

I ordered the MFT loader when I saw it on your Twitter. Looking at the Rihio kit now lol