Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

26 minutes ago, borgified said:

That was on my list of Chunky Monkeys to get... When I finally saw the listing price for that, that became a "Holy Grail" right after that. :blink:

@Shizuka the Cat - Did you look for this this version as well? I bet it was way out of your price range.  

It is on my radar, but....  finding one in minty fresh condition is tough

2 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

YAY!  My chunky monkeys arrived today!  Will post pics soon,

Though... what I do not understand is why 4 chunky monkeys were shipped to me in a box the size of a refrigerator. The amount of packing material was ridiculous!

Large box for cat cosplay perhaps?

3 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

It is on my radar, but....  finding one in minty fresh condition is tough

Here’s where I found mine: www.planetxtoys.com Owner is super nice and came from his personal collection. His website probably could use some better SEO because I found him 6 tabs deep while searching for this (I was looking for one even 1/4 of this freshness). Did some homework and knew he was legit. Seems more focused on Power Rangers as he runs some events and visits toy fairs in general. But has a selection of Macross worth keeping an eye on. 

Not spamming here. Just had a great experience worth sharing. Because it’s definitely tough to find these like this.

56 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

The only problem is that I’m so tempted to swoosh it. Just can’t open this one.

:diablo:. . . O P E N   I T . . . :ph34r:  Y O U   K N O W   Y O U   W A N T   T O.   DOOOO EEEEET!:diablo:

19 minutes ago, Pontus said:

:diablo:. . . O P E N   I T . . . :ph34r:  Y O U   K N O W   Y O U   W A N T   T O.   DOOOO EEEEET!:diablo:

LMAO. Like I need another devil on my shoulder telling me to...Thanks! Life is short and I collect to play. So I might.

Though been thinking of my MIB VF-1A Ichijo and VF-1S Focker chunky rereleases. They’re already open and could just Frankenstein a head swap. If I keep Focker in Jet mode it wouldn’t be too bad. (plus could always swap em back). 

2 minutes ago, borgified said:

Even though the boxed is beaten up to snot, couldn't pass over a good deal on a used VF-22s Gamiln (20k yen) from Manda.

DSC01403.jpg

Nice! Congrats.  I would have picked it up if it were Max’s 22S. 

My hi-metal R destroid monster came in a while ago. Sealed and box isn’t as beaten up as I had thought. Only a tiny creased corner at the back. 

8C63136D-7220-4DE7-95B1-02CC9B9C9D38.thumb.jpeg.0838717f2ea11b14654499760bb5538b.jpeg

51 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks.

Nice 1/55 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie @DYRL VF-1S.  How much did it cost?

That I can answer.

According to his write up on the other Macross thread: "Thanks! I picked it up at www.planetxtoys.com I was surprised to find it but the owner was super cool. He was the second owner and supposedly got it from Kawamori’s personal collection in the 80’s? No documentation, but based on condition, I have no reason to doubt him. He was selling it for $1200, but like I said was super cool and sold it to me for $1000. It’s rich for my blood as I was looking for something closer to $400-$500, but couldn’t pass the grail up. I’ve seen sealed G1 Jetfires go anywhere from $3k to $5k."

As per the quote from the band No Doubt: " Are you happy now?" :p

9 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Couldn’t believe I found this. Incredible condition like 1984 new. Most beautiful Valk I’ve ever laid eyes on.

Story is that it come from Kawamori’s personal collection in the 80’s to the collector I purchased from. No documentation to prove but based on it’s condition, I’ve no reason to doubt it.

EFAEAEAD-3458-479E-BB8F-F689A1B0B6DA.jpeg

4011AFD7-6DCD-4D92-B9AC-7EF99C040A14.jpeg

It's a total must have Valkyrie, goes great with the 1/48 & 1/60. :D

post-6180-0-51580700-1370451408-001.jpg

Mega Grail came in today. 

Wave W.H.A.M. Panzer World Galient TetsuKyojin

Alright so quick thoughts on this thing because I was honestly astounded by this piece:

Price: It's so rare that there aren't even listings to go from besides the ONE where I saw it in my 7 years of collecting this stuff for $750 shipped so I don't even know how to properly judge it's value but it retailed at just below. The retail was 19,740 JPY (around $180 in today's rates,) and I'd say it's an incredible deal for that price.

Design: The one thing about the three non-model Galient Tetsukyojin toys I've seen (This, the Bandai Robot spirits, and the CMS Corps) is that they get the basics of the mech on to the point where on paper they'd have the same description but visibly have their own design cues/stylizations. Of the three, I easily like this one the best. the head sculpt, proportions, and fine detailing are certainly the most well done and high-end feeling. I do like the little things like light panel lining and whatnot too. The size is nice too; at 9.25" it fits in well with most modern diecast lines like Bandai's Soul of Chogokin and the various Sentinel lines.

Build: It's a mixture of plastic and  diecast with the majority  of the diecast being within the frame and th shells of the lower legs. It's definitely not light, but certainly not too hefty and the joints don't have any weight bearing them down and weakening them. It's very well engineered. The paint applications are extremely well done and the matte finish much like Sentinel's Giant Gorg make the colors especially pop regardless of light and whatnot.

Articulation: It's pretty much got the articulation of any modern toy in the sense of things like ab crunch, double elbow and knee joints and even little stiff like a rocking wrist on top of just swiveling. However, even though it has these things it's a pretty chunky bot in areas and doesn't achieve the extreme poses of say a Sentinel Riobot toy or something.

Overall, it's a winner... and rare as crap. If you find one, snag it if the price isn't too insane. This was a huge grail for me and I'm glad to have not only obtained it but am especially glad that it's as good of a toy as the feedback I've gotten and rarity had led me to believe... in fact, it's better.

Quick Snap:

1glow-28.png

On 3/23/2019 at 12:34 AM, DYRL VF-1S said:

Amazing looking bunch there! Haha! I have the premium finish 1/60 but still need the 1/48.

If you can find a 1/48 VF-1S & Fast Pack set, pull the trigger,  you'll be glad you did! :D

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Once BBTS starts charging tax I think I’ll be dropping them.  I’m not interested in paying tax if I don’t have to.

Honestly, it's a domino effect. I'm in Illinois where all of that started going down years ago and first it was one e-tailer, then another, then another... and now it's harder to find retailers here in the states that don't tax than do (which is understandable because they can be fined and the like for not considering it's law.) It sucks but you get more used to it.

6 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Honestly, it's a domino effect. I'm in Illinois where all of that started going down years ago and first it was one e-tailer, then another, then another... and now it's harder to find retailers here in the states that don't tax than do (which is understandable because they can be fined and the like for not considering it's law.) It sucks but you get more used to it.

I dropped numerous orders from bbts once they started charging tax. I rather order from eBay and not pay extra cash on tax.

My most recent acquisition was the Bandai Hi Metal R VF-2SS Nexx use.  It is a marvel of a mecha and I just wish that it was not 1/100 scale, but instead 1/60 scale.  The level of detail is absolutely amazing to me.

Twich

4 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

I dropped numerous orders from bbts once they started charging tax. I rather order from eBay and not pay extra cash on tax.

Same.  Or pretty much any other online store that doesn’t charge tax.

10 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

The 1/48 fighter mode still is really good. I feel the battroid proportions are a little off compared to the 1/60’s though. 

That's good to know as well.  I don't own any Yammies yet so part of me just wonders if I should ride out the DX train with Bandai a bit.  Seems like a good time to do that, and as long as I can fight the good PO fight, it makes sense.  The question is: Will they release DYRL?

4 hours ago, enphily said:

Finally got Arcadia VF-1J Max custom. I'm happy!

JqMW4siBQK8.jpg

This is a great pic:

4 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Which is fine. I was simply responding to the man or woman's statement regarding tax from BBTS in that unfortunately it's not just a BBTS thing. At the end of the day as long as people can get what they want in a comfortable manner, life is good.

----------------------------------

8-242.png