Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

6 hours ago, Sildani said:

I was finally able to secure one of my grails: the Carousel 1 FW 190D-9 Barkhorn type. It’s a beauty!

So awesome you are into warbirds!!  I fly R/C planes and exclusively use fighter planes.  I've crashed many times, but most of the time repairable with foam CA glue.  But so far I am down one P-51 and one Zero due to really really bad nosedives.

My personal rules for flying: 1) 3 story rule - always fly 2 stories above the tallest obstruction 2) YOU WILL CRASH 3) always carry spares of everything.

IMG_3931.JPG

IMG_5165.JPG

IMG_3522.JPG

Rant for the night:  I was going to post a couple of photos under the pretend "hashtag" of "About to go Shizuka the Cat" and implore all you toy collectors out there not to go the way I did, spending all my hard earned cash on a bunch of recent releases and some not so recent but all the more hard to find vintage releases, that, truth be told, unless I got them now, I'd probably never, ever see again.  Trust me, I've been there, and lived to regret every day since.  And the long lesson learned here is that cash is more plentiful than toys, so you might as well snatch them up while you can and the cash is flowing, because you never know, even if you do get the chance to own one later on, they may be asking far more than you're willing to pay.

But I digress from my intended rant as a digression from my originally intended post.  So, here it is:  got hit by the postman again.  But being the picky MISB box collector that I am (yea that's right, I said "box collector"), even just one ding on the corner of a box instead of the pristine specimen I had been fantasizing in my mind ever since I got the notice in my inbox that my delivery had arrived on my doorstep, is enough to ruin my week.  And of course, that's just what happened.  At least I'll admit that Toy Dojo (anyone ever shopped there?) actually did do as I asked (at least somewhat), and bothered to keep the original shipping box in the box that was shipped to me, so that technically at least, it was "double boxed."  

Which is all to say that I am very disappointed.  Yes, it was a very pricey Gundam Metal Build - Astraea Type F - and no, as is my usual OCD habit, I will not be posting pictures of it because I have sealed it up in its cardboard tomb never again to be molested by the unwanted sunlight unless I, and only I, decide the time is right to send it off to AFA for a see-through mausoleum case of its own.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I tend to think that the will world of the world bends to my own, only out of the pure fantasy that somehow my superficial, shallow wants in life (i.e. toy collecting) actually have mass enough to bend the space-time continuum around it (in actuality it's probably the sheer mass of my own collecting habits collapsing in on itself and creating a vicious black hole that sucks everything in its path, even my life).  Somewhere, I actually half believed when I opened up the toy tonight that the pension gods or the girlfriend gods or whatever other god I should be servicing right now, and not the toy gods, had grown angry at my avarice, and decided to rain down a fiery hell of retribution for my audacious move to go outside my usual collecting sphere of vintage G1 toys, and try to maintain some sort of semblance with the other modern toy lines that I clearly don't deserve, like Metal Build for instance.  In my warped mind, I actually half believed that the winning streak of perfect deliveries I had achieved thus far with mainly vintage toy deliveries would soon be continued, only to be so disappointed, thus giving rise to the fantasy that it was retribution by the toy collecting gods who thought I had gone maybe a bridge too far.  

Then I realized this is just plastic and metal, and while beautiful, there's no interaction between me and its essence, and no one really cares whether or not I collect or what I collect, and it probably just had a rough journey over from a distant, far flung part of the country.  And then I left it at that.

Edited by MacrossMania
needed it

On 10/23/2018 at 1:40 AM, Chronocidal said:

Looks like the back left one is indeed the old Chunky.

Also, while that Tie wasn't due for another few days, it showed up on my doorstep today as I arrived with my 31A.  I always forget how relatively huge the normal Tie Fighters are compared with the Interceptor.. :blink: 

Ties31A.jpg

So glad Bandai finally gave us some weapons to load up their 31s with.. I don't think I'm ever taking the 31A out of fighter mode with this loadout. ^_^ 

Are those ties toys you can purchase?

2 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Are those ties toys you can purchase?

Yep!  Interceptor is an Amazon exclusive, the standard fighter is from Wal-Mart.  Interceptor didn't come with a pilot figure though, sadly, and I got my normal one through a reseller, because up until literally just now, I'd never seen it show up on the Wal-Mart website.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Collection-Interceptor-Exclusive/dp/B00CM5D86Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1540402834&sr=8-1&keywords=vintage+tie+interceptor

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-The-Vintage-Collection-Imperial-TIE-Fighter-with-Pilot/891805680

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:55 AM, tekering said:

Sentinel has released their latest Riobot, The Iron Giant.  :yahoo:

1319530201_watchyourstep!.thumb.jpg.e2afd973e929d547fd5358e79c886440.jpg

kicking.thumb.jpg.cc92cea266460ae476f3cdf56faea6a3.jpg

1934725223_kickingthevalkyrie.thumb.jpg.95c02469d52f4655fb6fbdabf5fb4ce9.jpg

2074307940_supermanpose.thumb.jpg.01c4253d1bbd7f13dc4648bdd60ad789.jpg

It's definitive.  :wub:

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:47 PM, Kuma Style said:

Iron Giant came in and I'm over the moon.

3-244.png

4-221.png

5-218.png

Are you two guys ready for this?? :p

http://news.toyark.com/2018/10/24/sideshow-iron-giant-cel-shaded-variant-maquette-321610

8 hours ago, borgified said:

Yuck.  The cel-shaded paint work may be screen-accurate, but the surface detailing certainly isn't...

Sideshow-Iron-Giant-Cel-Shaded-021.jpg

Is that supposed to be... rust?  Or... moss?  Acne scars?

Sideshow-Iron-Giant-Cel-Shaded-020.jpg

I'm sure it's intentional, but it looks entirely too much like a really amateur paint job...  Like, the brush was dirty, and the paint was too thick, and it dried too quickly, and the painter mixed acrylics and enamels together...  :unsure:

5 hours ago, Rogueload said:

Well I never thought I’d go down the Delta rabbit hole but I did. :lol: Received all this in about one and a half week span!! Next up the 31A, 31J regular release and Sv-262. 

1107AFDF-0C55-44A6-8A78-48DF21493E4A.jpeg

Nice Haul

30 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Jungle has one for 58,320 yen and it's sealed (not 30th Anniversary) ..

http://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/?page_id=121&id=2360593

Double whammy right there!

11 minutes ago, Sildani said:

VF-11B sold already!

Not surprised there as it hard to find one these days and at 25k yen is a bargain.. No wonder that most collectors wish that Arcadia will make the VF-11 valks.  

Edit: I want one too now that I think about it...

Edited by borgified

5 hours ago, borgified said:

No wonder that most collectors wish that Arcadia will make the VF-11 valks.  

Edit: I want one too now that I think about it...

The Thunderbolt has always been my favorite of Yamato's valkyries.  :D

223939333_Thunderboltprofile.jpg.2ab96690eafc8e627e41678b8bd6b7f1.jpg

VF-11B.thumb.jpg.5d7418b3efff68ce6633dc8182566e3a.jpg

They never quite did the YF-19 justice, but they nailed the VF-11... at least, in fighter mode.  :wub:

Just got delivered from Amiami.

AY Megs (sealed) and S.H. Figuarts White Crow [Box B/Item B]

I was looking for a White Crow after missing out on a copy that was available from Manda at roughly 4.5k yen as one is available for 8k yen (not worth it). 

DSC01066.jpg

14 hours ago, tekering said:

The Thunderbolt has always been my favorite of Yamato's valkyries.  :D

223939333_Thunderboltprofile.jpg.2ab96690eafc8e627e41678b8bd6b7f1.jpg

They never quite did the YF-19 justice, but they nailed the VF-11... at least, in fighter mode.  :wub:

They certainly are a nice thing but I don't miss mine after selling them..  definitely not enough to re-buy one.

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Is that a rainbow canopy I see? 

Rainbow canopy on a removable cockpit module!  B))

1657357290_VF-11Bcockpitmodule.thumb.jpg.302d15c257cbfa7f5ab497118ea91206.jpg

10 minutes ago, spanner said:

They certainly are a nice thing but I don't miss mine after selling them..  definitely not enough to re-buy one.

Well, not at the prices they're fetching on the secondary market, eh?  :p

As much as we worship the YF-19 (and well we should, it's a work of art), the one thing that always disappointed me about Macross Plus is how little respect the VF-11 gets.  Despite its auspicious debut -- in one of the finest action sequences ever animated, I might add -- it's never given any attention, treated as merely an outdated model ready to be replaced by the New Hotness.  They might as well just used ol' VF-1s for the opening sequence instead.  <_<