Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

22 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

99D55EC4-E426-443B-8C8E-36BF371D429A.thumb.jpeg.c9a58cdb69da72eb05de1b3e91a80160.jpeg

@Slave IV do you plan on getting the whole cast?  They had Kelly’s mom.

10 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

That peg bundy is freakin horrible wtf

haha, yeah...Peg didn't look too great when I first saw it and another reason why I don't want anymore of these things. Just got Kelly and that will be it unless I see Samatha from Bewitched on super clearance. She shares the same face as Kelly.

53 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

That peg bundy is freakin horrible wtf

It's a current trend in action figure marketing.  Mego's "Classic 8 Inch Figure" line and Super7's "ReAction" figures are freakin' horrible BY DESIGN.

It's supposed to appeal to older collectors who fondly remember the aesthetics of late '70s toy production... and presumably, it's a lot cheaper and easier than getting decent sculpts, accurate proportions, or likeness rights.  <_<

Have you seen ReAction's Robotech line?

Super7-Reaction-Robotech-1.jpg

So... as some of you may recall, I told myself I would try cutting back on my Macross toy collecting.

I tried to resist, I really did try. But with homework, 2 term papers, midterms coming up, and dissertation research, well.....  some people stress eat,  I stress shop. *SIGH*

So, my acquisitions over the past month (errr... maybe 6 weeks) have included:

Hi-Metal R VT-1 SuperOstriches  x2

DX Chogokin YF-19  x2

Yamato 1/60 VF-19F

Yamato 1/60 VF-17D

Yamato 1/60 Super Pack for VF-17

Yamato 1/60 VF-11B

Yamato 1/60 VF-1A TV Kakizaki

Yamato 1/60 VF-1A DYRL Kakizaki with Super + Strike Parts

On the bright side,  I think I have gotten almost every Arcadia+Yamato 1/60 VF-1 series toy that I want now. I have Roy and Hikaru's VF-1S, the VF-1J for Hikaru Max and Miria, VT-1, VF-1D, VE-1, Armored Parts, Max and Kakizaki's TV VF-1A and DYRL VF-1A with Super + Strike Parts, ... I do feel this part of my collection is mostly complete., except for the VF-1A DYRL Hikaru with Super + Strike Parts, and maybe the CFs. 

My Macross Plus line also feels relatively complete, with the YF-19 (Yamato, Arcadia, and DX Chogokin), YF-21, and VF-11B.. all with Fast Packs. 

Macross 7 is feeling close too, with the VF-19 Kai, S, and F, as well as the VF-17S, and VF-17D, plus the Fast Packs for them. I think I am just missing the VF-11C, VF-19P, and the Sound Booster.

Geez, I started collecting back in March?  

See, this is what happens when I stress shop!

35 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

So... as some of you may recall, I told myself I would try cutting back on my Macross toy collecting.

I tried to resist, I really did try. But with homework, 2 term papers, midterms coming up, and dissertation research, well.....  some people stress eat,  I stress shop. *SIGH*

So, my acquisitions over the past month (errr... maybe 6 weeks) includes:

Yamato 1/60 VF-1A DYRL Kakizaki with Super + Strike Parts

I seem to recall that Manda had a 1/60 Kakizaki that was available a while back for 60k yen... Did you get it or was it someone else? :huh:

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

*snip*

On the bright side,  I think I have gotten almost every Arcadia+Yamato 1/60 VF-1 series toy that I want now. 

*snip*

Geez, I started collecting back in March?  

See, this is what happens when I stress shop!

As long that you're happy and no regrets then you're all good. ;)

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

As long that you're happy and no regrets then you're all good. ;)

Well, I do regret that...

1. I don't have any will power

2. I don't save any money

3. my toys take up so much space

4. I browse eBay, Jungle, AmiAmi, Mandarake, and CDJapan too much that it distracts me from school work

5. I spent so much on Macross toys

6. my mom will kill me if she discovers how much I spent

Believe me, I am filled with a lot of regret. But, I do love valkyries in fighter mode. *sigh*

Something to consider is that a few of these can be a bit of an investment.  I've gone way past the "I have too many valks" stage at this point, as my recent move made me painfully aware of exactly how many boxes I had to move. :lol:  I have one entire room that's like a badly played game of Tetris, and it's nearly filled wall-to-wall (but not floor-to-ceiling) with a combination of model kits, Lego sets, and Macross items.

I can't help much with the money aspects or willpower, but there are certain things you can do to mitigate the storage issues.

If you're truly worried about space, and never intend to sell any of them, you can easily store a few VF-1s in a shoebox.  They're much more compact than the packaging would have you believe.  If you really want to keep the packaging, you can minimize that a bit too if you stack similar plastic trays together in a single box, and then collapse the other boxes flat.  Granted, that doesn't help much with display space, but it can help reduce the impact to the rest of your living space.

11 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Well, I do regret that...

1. I don't have any will power

2. I don't save any money

3. my toys take up so much space

4. I browse eBay, Jungle, AmiAmi, Mandarake, and CDJapan too much that it distracts me from school work

5. I spent so much on Macross toys

6. my mom will kill me if she discovers how much I spent

Believe me, I am filled with a lot of regret. But, I do love valkyries in fighter mode. *sigh*

The silver lining is Macross toys hold their value pretty well and can increase in value. I don't feel as bad buying Macross toys knowing I can offload them at close to what I paid if I needed funds :)

On 10/7/2018 at 5:50 PM, Foblander said:

The silver lining is Macross toys hold their value pretty well and can increase in value. I don't feel as bad buying Macross toys knowing I can offload them at close to what I paid if I needed funds :)

Unless you happen to own a Yamato 1/60 V1 and a Toynami MPC Ben Dixon, I am almost certain these investments have lost value for me. :(

2 hours ago, Duymon said:

The P-Bandai Hustle is real. Oh, and a YF-19

1217737589_20181009_123426_HDR2.thumb.jpg.4b1be15791bd751d01483cd4ae23cb20.jpg

Nice! I am still waiting to get my Shield Booters and Hrududu sets. I should have pick faster shipping from NY. If you get a chance to attached the Hrududu to the Hazels I would love to know if the fighter securely attaches. 

8 hours ago, spanner said:

2013 Russell Ingall, Ryan Briscoe Supercheap Auto Holden VF V8 Supercar by Biante.

Nice, but I'm sure it wasn't as "supercheap" as it claims to be...  :unsure:

693407873_Mikeyonskateboard.thumb.jpg.446c9679912db4fd7ec92d21feb825eb.jpg

I finally found the perfect skateboard for Revoltech Mikey!  :D

21 hours ago, General Rasp said:

Nice! I am still waiting to get my Shield Booters and Hrududu sets. I should have pick faster shipping from NY. If you get a chance to attached the Hrududu to the Hazels I would love to know if the fighter securely attaches. 

Looking at the instructions it will be super secure because it's like Bandai's Macross Kits where the super parts are all parts swaps. 

You'll be swapping in a new chest to the Hazel in order to mount the Hruduru. Luckily I predicted this and got an extra Hazel so I don't have to take apart my built one lol

5 hours ago, grymg said:

Finally found this at Walmart, had to ask for it though.

FullSizeRender.jpg

edit: I dropped by my local Walmart after work and to my surprise, they had 5 on the shelf. Debated with myself whether I should get one or two, but at $74 it was a little bit too expensive for me. (Voice in head: would you rather spend the extra $74 on a G1 reissue, or save it for another valk?)

Edited by rdrunner

On 10/8/2018 at 3:53 PM, Slave IV said:

Haha, that is pretty sweet

Thanks.  If I did collect more Funko Pops, the collecting would probably get way out of control.  I saw a nice looking Spider-Ham Pop at Walgreens but luckily I didn’t want it.

6 hours ago, grymg said:

Finally found this at Walmart, had to ask for it though.

FullSizeRender.jpg

That looks cool.  If Walmart or anywhere else releases any G1 Transformers that haven’t been reissued, I’ll definitely buy them.