Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

I love your work display, especially the 1/48 low vis VF-1A GBP set.  I'm trying to get my hands on a used set of 1/48 GBP armor as well.

Thanks! I love the GBP set too! You wouldn't believe how long in the making that was and how long I've waited to have it on display. Basically, I've had the armor set since around the time it came out. Didn't get the Valk to put it on until very recently and then had nowhere to put it until I lucked upon the shelves. But back to GBP...That's pretty much what put me over the edge and elevate Macross to my all time favorite anime series and transforming toys (even though it doesn't transform with the armor) when I first saw the GBP on screen and in toy forms. Low Vis schemes are just an added plus! Hope you get your set soon! I think the same GBP armor set was available on Mandarake recently...And yep, it still is: https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1082849052&ref=list

Edited by Slave IV

54 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks! I love the GBP set too! You wouldn't believe how long in the making that was and how long I've waited to have it on display. Basically, I've had the armor set since around the time it came out. Didn't get the Valk to put it on until very recently and then had nowhere to put it until I lucked upon the shelves. But back to GBP...That's pretty much what put me over the edge and elevate Macross to my all time favorite anime series and transforming toys (even though it doesn't transform with the armor) when I first saw the GBP on screen and in toy forms. Low Vis schemes are just an added plus! Hope you get your set soon! I think the same GBP armor set was available on Mandarake recently...And yep, it still is: https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1082849052&ref=list

I also saw that set on manda but it has been quite difficult to get a low-vis 1A on the used market since I started looking earlier this year. But first I need a 1/48 1J to wear the GBP set. 

GBP has a special place in my heart because my first ever Macross toy was the Takatoku 1/55 VF-1S + GBP gift pack.  I think when I eventually get my display reorganized, I'm going to devote a row for the GBPs I have (HM-R, 1/60 V2, 1/55, 1/48):lol:

Edited by rdrunner

7 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I also saw that set on manda but it has been quite difficult to get a low-vis 1A on the used market since I started looking earlier this year. But first I need a 1/48 1J to wear the GBP set. 

GBP has a special place in my heart because my first ever Macross toy was the Takatoku 1/55 VF-1S + GBP gift pack.  I think when I eventually get my display reorganized, I'm going to devote a row for the GBPs I have (HM-R, 1/60 V2, 1/55, 1/48):lol:

Oh man, 1/55 GBP was your first Macross toy?! Lucky! That display will be awesome when you get it set up. I look forward to seeing it!

20 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Oh man, 1/55 GBP was your first Macross toy?! Lucky! That display will be awesome when you get it set up. I look forward to seeing it!

Yes I consider myself extremely lucky to have been able to get the GBP set as a kid.  My old man was going to get the 1S+super set but this turned out to be a great mistake.

I have in mind something similar to this set up in Jenius' site.  His GBP collection is AMAZING.

Yamato-GBP-Comparison.jpg

Mine will go something like

- 1/100 HM-R VF-1J GBP

- Yamato 1/60 V2 VF-1J (Grey goggles) GBP

- 1/55 Bandai reissue 1J with Takatoku GBP (waiting for it to arrive, but am hoping the arm armor will fit)

- 1/48 Focker VF-1S with GBP

- Lastly, finish with a VF-25F full armor set

:ph34r:

10 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Yes I consider myself extremely lucky to have been able to get the GBP set as a kid.  My old man was going to get the 1S+super set but this turned out to be a great mistake.

I have in mind something similar to this set up in Jenius' site.  His GBP collection is AMAZING.

Yamato-GBP-Comparison.jpg

Mine will go something like

- 1/100 HM-R VF-1J GBP

- Yamato 1/60 V2 VF-1J (Grey goggles) GBP

- 1/55 Bandai reissue 1J with Takatoku GBP (waiting for it to arrive, but am hoping the arm armor will fit)

- 1/48 Focker VF-1S with GBP

- Lastly, finish with a VF-25F full armor set

:ph34r:

That will be nice indeed! If have HMR, HMR 1A w/ FEXT Thunder Hammer, Arcadia 1/60, maybe Yamato or Arcadia 1/60 w/ FEXT Thunder Hammer, Yamato 1/48 Low Vis, and an armored 31S. At least, for the foreseeable near future. 

8 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

That will be nice indeed! If have HMR, HMR 1A w/ FEXT Thunder Hammer, Arcadia 1/60, maybe Yamato or Arcadia 1/60 w/ FEXT Thunder Hammer, Yamato 1/48 Low Vis, and an armored 31S. At least, for the foreseeable near future. 

Actually yeah, I think I can readily add to my list another two HMR Messer/1A with FEXT thunder hammer (101 and 102F)...

On a similar theme, another row may look like:

- HMR VF-1S Hikaru super/strike parts

- Arcadia 1/60 VF-1S Focker super/strike set

- 1/55 Bandai reissue Vf-1S super set

- 1/48 VF-1S with super (but I will need another 1/48 to wear the GBP, dammit)

- VF-25 with super set

- and (maybe) the HMR VF-2SS SAP :lol::ph34r:

Edited by rdrunner

43 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Actually yeah, I think I can readily add to my list another two HMR Messer/1A with FEXT thunder hammer (101 and 102F)...

On a similar theme, another row may look like:

- HMR VF-1S Hikaru super/strike parts

- Arcadia 1/60 VF-1S Focker super/strike set

- 1/55 Bandai reissue Vf-1S super set

- 1/48 VF-1S with super (but I will need another 1/48 to wear the GBP, dammit)

- VF-25 with super set

- and (maybe) the HMR VF-2SS SAP :lol::ph34r:

At least 1/48 prices seem to be going down a bit but still hard to find the right deal. Those will be some nice displays you have planned. I might try something similar but for now, I try to keep similar scales together.

Wasn't expecting this today (even though my notifications did say about this arriving in).

Mezco One: 12 SDCC Mirror, Mirror Spock.

Edit: Not the best pic however as it's slightly blurry.

DSC00796.jpg

Edited by borgified

this came 4 weeks ago, finally got to take him out last night. It's a gorgeous piece.......the ARMDs are for sure much harder to get on compared to the Yamato version. Haven't put on the screw covers yet. Hoping to free the VF-31A, regult pack, and Big O full package from their brown boxes soon.

DoKdqpJh.jpg

MQLVNLEh.jpg

1 minute ago, locidm said:

this came 4 weeks ago, finally got to take him out last night. It's a gorgeous piece.......the ARMDs are for sure much harder to get on compared to the Yamato version. Haven't put on the screw covers yet. Hoping to free the VF-31A, regult pack, and Big O full package from their brown boxes soon.

DoKdqpJh.jpg

MQLVNLEh.jpg

Sweet!

Nice HMR VE-1 @Ignacio Ocamica.  I think it looks great without the armor.  I also like it with the custom Super Parts.

Cool Hot Wheels finds @Slave IV.  I usually get Hot Wheels if I see something but as a casual Hot Wheels collector sometimes I feel that I already have a lot.

http://www.toyark.com/showpost.php?p=739111&postcount=57

As for purchases I’ve got coming in a Wave 1/100 VF-17S, VF-22S, Arii 1/100 Regult Scout, HM VF-1S Roy, VF-19 Fire Valkyrie, and HMR VF-1A CF, VF-1J Hikaru, and Missile Effect Set.

I’ve also preordered the newest Marvel Legends X-Men wave along with doubles.

I get paid tomorrow, my credit card bill is low, and my paid vacation starts next week.  Life is good.  B))

12 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Nice HMR VE-1 @Ignacio Ocamica.  I think it looks great without the armor.  I also like it with the custom Super Parts.

Cool Hot Wheels finds @Slave IV.  I usually get Hot Wheels if I see something but as a casual Hot Wheels collector sometimes I feel that I already have a lot.

http://www.toyark.com/showpost.php?p=739111&postcount=57

As for purchases I’ve got coming in a Wave 1/100 VF-17S, VF-22S, Arii 1/100 Regult Scout, HM VF-1S Roy, VF-19 Fire Valkyrie, and HMR VF-1A CF, VF-1J Hikaru, and Missile Effect Set.

I’ve also preordered the newest Marvel Legends X-Men wave along with doubles.

I get paid tomorrow, my credit card bill is low, and my paid vacation starts next week.  Life is good.  B))

Wow, nice Hot Wheels! I don't consider myself a Hot Wheels collector but I must have tons of them just from grabbing a few here and there almost every time I visit a shop that has them. 

Were you able to get an order in at HTS for the new X-Men wave? I missed out. 

35 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Wow, nice Hot Wheels! I don't consider myself a Hot Wheels collector but I must have tons of them just from grabbing a few here and there almost every time I visit a shop that has them. 

Were you able to get an order in at HTS for the new X-Men wave? I missed out. 

Thanks.  One thing that keeps me from stopping completely is knowing that Hot Wheels fits in decently with 1/60 and DX.

I saw somebody posted at 10:30 AM about the HTS listings at Toyark.  I missed them but everything was available at Dorkside at 11:30 AM.  Preordered an X-Men case and a loose Apocalypse, Storm, Psylocke, and Sabretooth. 

My super/strike parts arrived today.

I am surprised. I did not realize the super/strike parts were a different shade of grey (more blue) than the super parts that came with the Toynami 1/100 Wave 6 Hikaru VF-1J.  I think I like this bluer shade of the super/strike parts more.  Happy purchase!

image.png.da5812cd40ea9fce66c3d46a674e4659.png

image.png.d4be8df4b28d21107868daa0f898d9bc.png

18 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks.  One thing that keeps me from stopping completely is knowing that Hot Wheels fits in decently with 1/60 and DX.

I saw somebody posted at 10:30 AM about the HTS listings at Toyark.  I missed them but everything was available at Dorkside at 11:30 AM.  Preordered an X-Men case and a loose Apocalypse, Storm, Psylocke, and Sabretooth. 

Ah, nice Dorkside. Looks like they only have Wolverine and Gladiator loose, which were the only two I could heron my cart at HTS before getting cart jacked. Ordered the whole wave. Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I did not realize the super/strike parts were a different shade of grey (more blue) than the super parts that came with the Toynami 1/100 Wave 6 Hikaru VF-1J.  I think I like this bluer shade of the super/strike parts more.  Happy purchase!

image.png.d4be8df4b28d21107868daa0f898d9bc.png

Thanks for that, Shizuka.  I was wondering why nobody posts pics of the 1:100 Toynami toys on this site...

Now I know.  <_<

6 minutes ago, tekering said:

Thanks for that, Shizuka.  I was wondering why nobody posts pics of the 1:100 Toynami toys on this site...

Now I know.  <_<

Sometimes I feel like I am the only person on MWF that collects the Toynami 1/100 VF-1 toys, other than @jenius for when he does review videos.

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Sometimes I feel like I am the only person on MWF that collects the Toynami 1/100 VF-1 toys, other than @jenius for when he does review videos.

You like what you like.  Buy what you like!  For example:  If you feel like Pinkie Pie is just as good of a pony as Twilight Sparkle, then you are welcome to feel that way and spend your money accordingly.  :p

Edited by DewPoint
Typo!

Havent used SAL UNregistered in maybe 10+ years but this MG Freedom 2.0 was cheap enough to try it on and I got it in under a week :blink: SAL registered packages that shipped before this one are still origin posting. 

New Haul 06/05/2018

22 hours ago, Slave IV said:

D02500D3-DF47-4EF8-BFAD-614076DA5CC4.thumb.jpeg.68ef3b5299bd99d650de4def2876ed27.jpeg

Found some cool ones.

21 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Ah, nice Dorkside. Looks like they only have Wolverine and Gladiator loose, which were the only two I could heron my cart at HTS before getting cart jacked. Ordered the whole wave. Thanks!

No problem.  I can always count on Dorkside.  Can’t wait to preorder the new Deadpool wave.

Oh damn, 20% off at Ebay again for Father's Day!  Get 'em while they're hot!!  Just another tip, if you have Chase Freedom, sign up for their Ultimate Rewards this quarter for 5% cashback using the card via PayPal.  There's another 1.5% cashback via Topcashback.com and Mrrebates.com.  I use both, and I haven't inserted a referral link anywhere here. :)

Total, if everything goes well, is a whopping 26.5% off on merchandise price up to $500 worth of goods, which makes this $126.50 off!  I bit the bullet and picked up a new Arcadia Ichijo Hikaru Strike and used Yamato Roy Focker Strike 1/60.  Total came to an expected $423 for both.  Good luck!

On 04-06-2018 at 9:30 PM, Shizuka the Cat said:

I still keep some Toynami 1/100 valks, but will be replaced as soon as their HMR equivalents are released

12 hours ago, anubis20 said:

just avoid using the little clear clips for the shield bits. 

Yeah, the MB QAN(T) comes with a lot of options but those parts a damn fragile and have to be handled with care. I just think about getting me a second one just to display it in Burst Mode with the GN Field so I never have to detach the parts again <_<