Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Got these amazing pick ups. Can’t believe it’s been 5 years since I sold my old TV version for like $100 but I’m so happy to have gotten the upgraded version. Never owned a super VF-1S and the Best part is the Hikaru pilot that comes in with the TV hands. The goofy hands are the best. Also picked up some Jordans 

8C159B5D-9BB3-4E3E-B442-F2DDB84ED997.jpeg

75D0C646-8F21-4DFE-BF44-4D9F07E8E757.jpeg

10 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Sure, no problem. I’m sure you’re gonna love your Shin Getter once you get it in hand. 

They look so good together.

I3eBVhp.jpg

Beautiful. Got it in today but still getting to the unboxing portion!

Did get a chance to shoot a few of MB Mazinger though;

4-170.png 

2-196.png 

3-183.png 

5-171.png 

6-167.png

I got my Shin Getter today and the damn thing is AMAZAING!! Holy crap did Sentinel out do themselves!! I will try to get some photos up but all I can say is WOW!!. It definitely feels and looks like a $300 toy. Solid paint work all around the figure. You have matte, gloss, metallic, and transparent pieces. The transparent pieces with the bright gorgeous green makes the piece pop. Tons of sculpt and painted detail all over. The bare plastic is not an eye sore and the face sculpt is perfect. 

I was very surprised how much diecast they put into Shin Getter. I am used to the Re:edit Iron men that are light so this was an awesome surprise when I picked it up. Does the Sentinel Mazinkiaser have the same weight? The joints have perfect tolerance and nothing felt loose. It is well balanced and can pull off any pose with the engineering they added. 

My biggest negative I have is why they changed the weapons. The toy itself looks exactly like it did in the show, but they way undersized the weapons. Which is a big bummer because I love the Getter Scythe. I had three very minor paint issues, but nothing noticeable. I would have to be looking for them. If Bandai decides to do a SOC of Shin Getter that will be the only competition. This is the current definitive Shin Getter. 

4 hours ago, General Rasp said:

I got my Shin Getter today and the damn thing is AMAZAING!! Holy crap did Sentinel out do themselves!! I will try to get some photos up but all I can say is WOW!!. It definitely feels and looks like a $300 toy. Solid paint work all around the figure. You have matte, gloss, metallic, and transparent pieces. The transparent pieces with the bright gorgeous green makes the piece pop. Tons of sculpt and painted detail all over. The bare plastic is not an eye sore and the face sculpt is perfect. 

I was very surprised how much diecast they put into Shin Getter. I am used to the Re:edit Iron men that are light so this was an awesome surprise when I picked it up. Does the Sentinel Mazinkiaser have the same weight? The joints have perfect tolerance and nothing felt loose. It is well balanced and can pull off any pose with the engineering they added. 

My biggest negative I have is why they changed the weapons. The toy itself looks exactly like it did in the show, but they way undersized the weapons. Which is a big bummer because I love the Getter Scythe. I had three very minor paint issues, but nothing noticeable. I would have to be looking for them. If Bandai decides to do a SOC of Shin Getter that will be the only competition. This is the current definitive Shin Getter. 

How’s the upper torso rotation on yours? I think the upper ball joint on mine is too tight, or at least much tighter than the lower one, and I think that was the reason why it took less force for it to pop off first than to move the upper ball joint.

While I was able to restore it back to original condition, I am left a little hesitant to rotate the torso again.

Otherwise, completely agree with your comments except for the one about a SOC Bandai version possibly being competition for it. As much as I like Bandai, I don’t see them surpassing Sentinel’s engineering. The only area where I think they’ll do better is the price point.

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

How dare you not buckle that baby in!?!? I'm gonna report you for child endangerment!!!!

:p

Im sorry! I really am! But it was an emergency, and I had to make a run to the ER!! Child is safe now :-P

By the way, apart from the normal cracked hinges, one of the shoulder covers wouldn't move. Seems to be a rare case...anyone experienced this? Probably some residual glue seeped in somewhere & locked it in place. Going to patiently figure this out.

EDITED : Pried the sides of the shoulder cover, heard faint crackling sound (i.e harden glue breaks) and now shoulder is free! Inspected the areas and saw dried smugdes of white paint on the biceps (Picture 2). Someone accidentally sprayed paint during assembly 10+ years ago and it dried, locking the shoulders to the biceps. Glad it was an easy fix. 

Also, the diameter of the shoulder pins feels a teeny-weeny bit large for the shoulder hinge holes, presumbaly for minimal interference fit. Should I find replacement pins that are slightly smaller or just grind the original pins? The pin ends are pretty clean (no burrs), which explains why the outer hinges are intact & only the inner hinges crack (Picture 3).

IMG_20180303_133745.jpg.1141d9271c311389e75677eacb239ea8.jpg180303_141810.png.3ccc432c6c799f808ab336d46d88d648.png180303_134738.thumb.png.5bb0a4eb60c8cb6b33537f664a425847.png

Edited by aaajin

On 3/3/2018 at 1:20 AM, Mommar said:

Why two?

This is my past weeks haul:

F77ABD00-F0CD-4580-811C-C5DBA6F8A249.thumb.jpeg.96ab10738be6f32a9da80cfe7475625d.jpeg

Sometimes I buy multiples.  Nice haul.  I skipped that Black Widow but I ordered that Ghost Rider along with IW Iron Man and Iron Spider for $1.09 shipped after using a free gift card.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Sometimes I buy multiples.  Nice haul.  I skipped that Black Widow but I ordered that Ghost Rider along with IW Iron Man and Iron Spider for $1.09 shipped after using a free gift card.

I’m actually very happy with the Black Widow figure.  Even the motorcycle is pretty cool once you’ve pulled it out.  

I’m torn about all of these IW figures, it doesn’t appear Hasbro or Bandai have actually done any of them right.  They’re all missing details/accessories.

I have an addendum to that haul.

9B642EDE-56CF-4984-B7BF-B4F6D45CC5A8.thumb.jpeg.df08200f163a7e375067b78ed4321f43.jpeg

Edited by Mommar

Picked up an xtransbots hoist and a toy world dirge. I must say, the toy world dirge is top notch. Little on the large side compared to the masterpiece seekers but wayyyyyy better quality.

the transformation was easy to and I didn’t have to use instructions. Figure is heavy quality. I will purchase the other two now. I showed comparison in size to the Takara. 

DFEAFE4A-DF6C-41CA-A1FA-109A11E818FD.jpeg

E08D47D1-EBAE-40D0-8794-9D50A180807E.jpeg

09C36E7F-2696-4B6F-BA25-ACC3DF46039F.jpeg

BCF2C176-1088-4353-84D1-6B170C867863.jpeg

Just now, TrickyCustomer said:

Yeah must of been :) The first release Yamato yf-21 was similar money too.  You'd be hard pressed to find one these days for less than that new. These are sealed new items.

I made the mistake of never buying the 11B but I’ll just take solace in the fact I own three 11C’s.

3 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Picked up an xtransbots hoist and a toy world dirge. I must say, the toy world dirge is top notch. Little on the large side compared to the masterpiece seekers but wayyyyyy better quality.

the transformation was easy to and I didn’t have to use instructions. Figure is heavy quality. I will purchase the other two now. I showed comparison in size to the Takara. 

DFEAFE4A-DF6C-41CA-A1FA-109A11E818FD.jpeg

E08D47D1-EBAE-40D0-8794-9D50A180807E.jpeg

09C36E7F-2696-4B6F-BA25-ACC3DF46039F.jpeg

BCF2C176-1088-4353-84D1-6B170C867863.jpeg

How much did you pay for the TW?  TF-Source has all 3 coneheads on sale from time to time.  I missed the really good sale sometime last fall ($150), but they had them for $180 during Black Friday.  Not as good, but def cheaper than buying separately.

4 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

The vf-11c is big bucks now. $900 for the one i saw

Know what’s sad, back in 2011 the 11C was such a shelf warmer I bought my second and third on sale for $120 each at Hobby Link Japan.