Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

59 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Finished up the windows and finally finished painting the horrible smokey black colored stand with Tamiya TS Gold and light gun metal spray cans.  Came out pretty good I guess for a desk toy. The stand plastic was horrible for paint, even after primer. oh well..  Off to work it goes tomorrow morning. 

20180225_144237.jpg

Looks great!  I never really even realized that the windows were blank, I never thought it looked out of place for some reason, I might have to do that as well.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:53 AM, Ridden001 said:

This is incredible....

IMG_0308.JPG

I'm so torn over this.. I've already got a VF-84 Tomcat on my desk, but I'll probably wind up getting the Hik- er.. "Rick" version.  I'm surprised to see it out already though, did you order direct from Calibre?  I'm still waiting on their VF-142 scheme as well.

On 2/25/2018 at 2:23 PM, dragonstar1982 said:

Really surprised to find this at toys r us taday

1519586570513797669150.jpg

Holy Crap! That is an awesome find! I am going to stop by one today and see if they have any. I am guessing your Toys R Us is staying open?

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

FedEx didnt bother to deliver my Metal Composite Wing Wero that has been about 30 mins away from me since Saturday but I got some other cool stuff today ^_^

New Haul 02/26/2018

Nice! I got my Bane today too. I'll have to pose him breaking the Figuarts Batman's back. :lol:

Maybe I can use Megatron to rob a bank to pay for all the upcoming expensive preorders...

5a947c877489e_loot2018-02-26.thumb.jpg.db26d3904460512c79fa0465d5b37471.jpg

21 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Nice! I got my Bane today too. I'll have to pose him breaking the Figuarts Batman's back. :lol:

Maybe I can use Megatron to rob a bank to pay for all the upcoming expensive preorders...

5a947c877489e_loot2018-02-26.thumb.jpg.db26d3904460512c79fa0465d5b37471.jpg

im gonna pose him punching Batman's ribs :lol:

1 hour ago, General Rasp said:

Holy Crap! That is an awesome find! I am going to stop by one today and see if they have any. I am guessing your Toys R Us is staying open?

God I hope so if they are gonna start caring stuff like this lol

On 2/26/2018 at 7:50 AM, derex3592 said:

Finished up the windows and finally finished painting the horrible smokey black colored stand with Tamiya TS Gold and light gun metal spray cans.  Came out pretty good I guess for a desk toy. The stand plastic was horrible for paint, even after primer. oh well..  Off to work it goes tomorrow morning. 

20180225_144209.jpg

20180225_144224.jpg

20180225_144237.jpg

so much beauty right there!!! :wub:

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

Sanity is Optional, I am looking forward to your pics of Wing Zero and Gipsy Avenger.

My GFFMC Wing Zero arrived as well! 

7CA6FCA0-BA86-43A8-AFE2-2A1C09BB347B.thumb.jpeg.31ac2263c886a872c940324fae8dcdf6.jpeg

Well, I've only got a potato-phone, but here's some photos.

yz5HZl3.jpg

The stand for the Wing Zero, it disappoints me, the darn thing keeps canting off to one side between the stand and the crotch-attachment. The details and gimmicks, however, are pretty awesome.

But seriously, the stand attachment needs to be WAY more solid for something with that much hardware hanging off of it.

jgsKFcM.jpg

Spoiler

9mGO303.jpg?1

GP8gaCw.jpg?1

krc6f1k.jpg?1

6Zy0oUC.jpg

NRJBIQ1.jpg

D9D19cW.jpg

vjObE3w.jpg

t71URmN.jpg

The Gipsy Danger rocks, though the armor and design restricts the articulation a bit, especially the shoulders and waist. It's HEAVY, lots of metal. Pretty much everything from the knees to the waist pivot is steel.

ufleCwm.jpg

On 2/23/2018 at 7:56 AM, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

@aaajin   I just picked up the VF-103 tomcat as well..  question have you removed the model from the tray yet?   And if so does your front landing gear door just fall off as well?     I'm not sure how I am supposed to keep it in place.

Mine does come loose, but Im displaying it with the landing gears on. Maybe double sided tape, or a layer of elmer glue on the edges would do? I did use a layer of elmer's glue for some of the missles points that were loose. I just dab some on the attachment points & let them partially dry for 2-3 minutes before attaching.

26 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The Gipsy Danger rocks, though the armor and design restricts the articulation a bit, especially the shoulders and waist. It's HEAVY, lots of metal. Pretty much everything from the knees to the waist pivot is steel.

Uuuuuuuugh that thing looks too good. I'm really angry with myself now for never having gotten it.

23 minutes ago, Saburo said:

@Sanity is Optional Thanks for posting pics, I haven't gotten to opening the Wing Zero yet.  That Gipsy Danger looks badass, the Tanker/bat is an awesome accessory!

I need to take a second crack at the Wing Zero, probably going to leave it in bird mode, since that's a different stand adapter, which looks much more solid.

I am not regretting the Gipsy Danger at all, I'm amazed the thing's not sold out.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

4 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I need to take a second crack at the Wing Zero, probably going to leave it in bird mode, since that's a different stand adapter, which looks much more solid.

I am not regretting the Gipsy Danger at all, I'm amazed the thing's not sold out.

What are your thoughts on the Wing Zero? How are the joints and any potential weak spots to be careful of?

Edited by Saburo

Epic hauls everyone!  :good: ;)

Got these last week.

I finally caved in for Messer's and Max's Hi-Metal R Valks. Got it both on sale at Jungle.

ltAdgVQ.jpg 

I know I told myself I'm never gonna buy Metal Build Freedoms. But here I am getting a KO SF since the original is so expensive. So I'm regretting for not getting both Freedoms from @recon last year. :unsure:

RSdepVI.jpg 

And this Freedom came from @seanami.

sb3spuy.jpg 

And to be honest, they should've KO the Freedom as well since majority of KO MB's has tight joints compared to the original. ^_^ 

20 minutes ago, Saburo said:

@no3Ljm I told myself the same thing about the Freedom Gundams as well, but I'd like to know what you think of the Strike Freedom KO?

Hey Saburo. Here's what I posted on the Third Party Gundam thread:

The joints are tight. QC is not that great IMHO since there's some small gaps on some parts like e.g. Rail Guns and the Wing connectors. I tried to squeeze them but it won't close that much. I'm assuming uneven plastic on pegs and whatnot. The Dragoons is not flushed properly on the wing railings so there's some visible gaps. It's not perfect but it beats Bandai pricing so I'm all good. ;)

Also, I'm adding that the things I mentioned above is not noticeable when you're far away from the figure. But once you hold the figure in-hand and inspect it, that's the only time you'll see those. In the end, I'm happy with my purchase. Looks ok overall. And the reason why it's 'ok' for me is that up to now I still don't get the over-stylized of these Freedoms esp in this format so it's still a mind-boggling for me why I bought them. Hehehe. ^_^

Max has arrived!

IMG_2184.JPG.d9a9b7683eb7cadc67f8c77daf8fd354.JPG

It might be last valk ever.

This hobby has become very very expensive! and ran out of kidneys already too!

My hopes are on that Bandai's 1/35 VF-1J. If that happens it will be a "must have" for me.

Edited by Froy

13 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The stand for the Wing Zero, it disappoints me, the darn thing keeps canting off to one side between the stand and the crotch-attachment.

The second attachment from behind is actually much more solid than one from the bottom.

SRJB0UM.jpg

1 hour ago, CF18 said:

The second attachment from behind is actually much more solid than one from the bottom.

SRJB0UM.jpg

I had the hardest time reconciling the cube wall from the background and ceiling, hahaha. I thought you had scaled hvac on display for a second.

33 minutes ago, spanner said:

Nothing Macross related but still new to me..

Added a few more 1:18 cars over the last few months.. Sold off a few others to raise funds for the replacements and to make room to display them..

CARS are taking over the Mac space? What?! :blink: