Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

Those prices are what they were when they were first released, right?

That screams glitch in the system to me.  But hey, if not, congrats on the deal!:D

If it's a glitch: Phew, didn't spend $600 on more valkyries!

If it's not a glitch: Hey, got 3 more Valkyries!

:lol:

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

Those prices are what they were when they were first released, right?

That screams glitch in the system to me.  But hey, if not, congrats on the deal!:D

Hopefully it's not. Because that's the only way for me to spend on a DX YF-29 Alto. :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Wait... they put orange caps on the guns included in an action figure?  :rolleyes: 

It’s a gag for Deadpool, the clips say Chimichonga on the side too.  The Grenade launcher has “Bye Bye!!!” painted on it too.  The Punisher, and even the other two Deadpool figures, don’t have those tips.  And those tips are only on the Uzi’s. The M-16 does not have that, nor the pistol.

Edited by Mommar

9 minutes ago, Mommar said:

It’s a gag for Deadpool, the clips say Chimichonga on the side too.  The Grenade launcher has “Bye Bye!!!” painted on it too.  The Punisher, and even the other two Deadpool figures, don’t have those tips.  And those tips are only on the Uzi’s. The M-16 does not have that, nor the pistol.

K, good, that's what I was hoping. :lol:  I know Deadpool usually comes with a few gag accessories, but hadn't seen them do that particular one before, and I'm not familiar with the line outside of the pics I see here.  Thanks for clearing it up. :) 

26 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Mac-11's or Mac-10's, not Uzi's. Sorry, one of the main reasons I wanted the figure but I didn't notice the tips.

44 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

K, good, that's what I was hoping. :lol:  I know Deadpool usually comes with a few gag accessories, but hadn't seen them do that particular one before, and I'm not familiar with the line outside of the pics I see here.  Thanks for clearing it up. :) 

Dude, I’m all-in on the Mezco One:12 line of Marvel figures.  I’ve only skipped three so far and I missed a pre-order for a limited one plus a con exclusive I couldn’t get as well but I love them.  They’re not entirely perfect but essentially they’re like Hot Toys shrunk to six inch scale (soft goods),  less fragile and based on the comic properties instead of movies, though more movie versions have become a thing for this line too.

36 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Mac-11's or Mac-10's, not Uzi's. Sorry, one of the main reasons I wanted the figure but I didn't notice the tips.

It wouldn’t be difficult to paint over those tips.  But the silly writing on the sides might not be a draw either.

Edited by Mommar

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hopefully it's not. Because that's the only way for me to spend on a DX YF-29 Alto. :rolleyes:

Looks like it was an error, just got emails for all 3 items saying "no dice, no stock".

Well, at least that didn't cost me $600.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

6 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Looks like it was an error, just got emails for all 3 items saying "no dice, no stock".

Well, at least that didn't cost me $600.

A glitch. I knew it. Got an email too. <_<

Edited by no3Ljm

Ah man that stinks. I was up for a couple hours hemming and hawing over ordering a bunch of those items lol

Served as a good exercise in restraint for me :lol:

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
a word

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Ah man that stinks. I was up for a couple hours hemming and hawing over ordering a bunch of those items lol

Served as a good exercise in restrain for me :lol:

It's also possible they did get some in stock, just not enough to cover what I'm sure must have been an insane flood of orders. If one of each item was found, then congrats to the 5-6 people who managed to get their orders through the pipeline first and tough luck to the 37,893 who didn't. :p

This isn't a purchase, but I figure some of the Toy guys might like what's going on in the Models section so I'm just giving a head's up. I know most already know about the 1/20 VF-1 model kit being made by Max Factory; there's an event coming up on the 22nd and that thing is being shown off, completed and painted.

Discussion thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/43427-max-factory-120-vf-1sa-hikaru/?do=findComment&comment=1381901

Couple of new small things came in yesterday, Eaglemess... errr... moss.  Enterprise A refit and USS Rhode Island from a future Voyager episode (Harry Kim's ship).  Enterprise A (which was always my personal favorite of the old E's)  is very nice and the engines are actually straight. There is a very light aztec pattern on  it that looks great in person. The real jem here though is the Rhode Island!  I love the design and the tampo on this one is amazing. So many tiny detail markings. They really knocked this one out of the park! For once I can say ... well done Eaglemoss on both accounts!  

20180217_065111.jpg

20180217_065127.jpg

20180217_065214.jpg

20180217_065229.jpg

20180217_065259.jpg

20180217_065311.jpg

20180217_065413.jpg

20180217_065509.jpg

Edited by derex3592

47 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Officers CF-1J from KC..    and my First Arcadia Valk  Milia Super 1J..    now I just need to wait for NY or someone to put Max on Sale 

Nice!  Yeah I'm in the same boat now. I was fine sticking with the 1/48 Max / Millia set but when NY put the Millia on sale I jumped also. Now I need a Max. Can't rock a Millia on her own. I think 1/48 Max Millia then 1/60 Max Millia in front of them and  then the Hi Metal R Max Millia in front of that wil make for a really cool display. Think I m going to work on that. 

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave

8 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Couple of new small things came in yesterday, Eaglemess... errr... moss.  Enterprise A refit and USS Rhode Island from a future Voyager episode (Harry Kim's ship).  Enterprise A (which was always my personal favorite of the old E's)  is very nice and the engines are actually straight. There is a very light aztec pattern on  it that looks great in person. The real jem here though is the Rhode Island!  I love the design and the tampo on this one is amazing. So many tiny detail markings. They really knocked this one out of the park! For once I can say ... well done Eaglemoss on both accounts!  

20180217_065111.jpg

Nice scores! The 1701-A is easily one of the best releases from Eaglemoss.

Spoiler alert for ST:Discovery.

Spoiler

I'm eagerly awaiting the Eaglemoss announcement of the resdesigned USS Enterprise as seen in Discovery!

5a88a5a1e9a58_discovery15.thumb.JPG.740741621c212db3161c7c2058032d91.JPG

Edited by Lolicon

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Spoiler alert for ST:Discovery.

Hide contents

I'm eagerly awaiting the Eaglemoss announcement of the resdesigned USS Enterprise as seen in Discovery!

5a88a5a1e9a58_discovery15.thumb.JPG.740741621c212db3161c7c2058032d91.JPG

Ok seriously, can we retcon the JJ movies to use that version?  Because I think I'm pretty much 1000% on board with that design.