Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

3 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Nice score Lolicon, congrats on finding a Virgin Road! B))

I'll bet this is one that Arcadia never re-releases. 

Thanks! Yeah I figured it's highly unlikely Arcadia will ever reissue this one, so I splurged. I'm not even sure Bandai will want to HMR this one. :lol:

@davidwhangchoi Did you ever get your first Angel Bird?

Hello Guys:

I wish to purchase a nice detailed JDM drift or street racer car (radio Control) in 1:16 scale however, I have been researching for a while but with no good results. It has to be well detailed because I want it mostly for display not for racing.RC-Drift-Cars-672x400.jpg.7219822a470cdab34368e9b5f8179117.jpg

I know there are a lot of members in this forum who really know about all kind of online retailers that´s why , I want to request your good advise. 

Images of Examples of  the product I am looking for are attached.

My apologies if this is not the right thread  for my request... Thanks in advance..

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice Ozma's YF-29! :good:^_^ 

Welcome to the MWF! 

Thank you very much! It have a couple issues, bcose used and i bought it from my friеnd, but i think i will little fix it (some joints are weak now).

Edited by SuNDuK

41 minutes ago, SuNDuK said:

Thank you very much! It have a couple issues, bcose used and i bought it from my friеnd, but i think i will little fix it (some joints are weak now).

You're welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay here. ;)

As for the DX Frontier Valks having loose joints is always expected. If you need some insights or advices, tips, etc. on repairing or fixing those joints we have a thread called Macross Maintenance. You can check it out. And feel free to share how you do yours if it's possible. Thanks! ^_^

21 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Picked up one of the final VF-1 variants I needed for my 1/60 collection. :)

Now all that's left is to wait for the PF Max & Miria releases...

5a57cd087e8aa_virginroad.thumb.jpg.06fba03b4c46d152326aadef4a003e71.jpg

How much do these cost nowadays? I think I got mine at a bargain bin price a couple of years back when nobody wanted it.

While looking for the Master Made Qee Makuros I came across this guy on ebay (the Wave WHAM Macross). It certainly has its faults, but for $100 I couldnt resist. The Megahouse is older (aside... I hate the fact Megahouse made the antennae out of plastic...should have been PVC or rubber. If you put it back into the box they WILL break).

151577979035165658479.jpg

4 hours ago, VALKYRIE ACE PILOT said:

Hello Guys:

I wish to purchase a nice detailed JDM drift or street racer car (radio Control) in 1:16 scale however, I have been researching for a while but with no good results. It has to be well detailed because I want it mostly for display not for racing.RC-Drift-Cars-672x400.jpg.7219822a470cdab34368e9b5f8179117.jpg

I know there are a lot of members in this forum who really know about all kind of online retailers that´s why , I want to request your good advise. 

Images of Examples of  the product I am looking for are attached.

My apologies if this is not the right thread  for my request... Thanks in advance..

I was briefly actually into this when I was living in YYZ. Autoart has a good selection of JDM cars, however quite pricy for the 1:12 scale. Maisto, Jada toys, IXO, Ebbro, Kyosho, et al might be a reasonable choice if your only collecting in 1:18 scale. 1:64 scale is smaller and more wallet friendly.

I'm actually a gearhead by trade, however I switched trades down the road years later. Still into the JDM cars thanks to Initial D and Freeway Speedway (now named Tokyo Speedway. I have the Collectors DVD Set that I bought at HMV for $50 CDN three years before they filed for bankruptcy). 

2 hours ago, easnoddy said:

While looking for the Master Made Qee Makuros I came across this guy on ebay (the Wave WHAM Macross). It certainly has its faults, but for $100 I couldnt resist. The Megahouse is older (aside... I hate the fact Megahouse made the antennae out of plastic...should have been PVC or rubber. If you put it back into the box they WILL break).

The Wave Macross looks more realistic (Movie Colour Accurate) compared with the Megahouse version and for $100, it is worth it. For any Macross fans, the SDF-1 is either a Grail or an "Holy Grail" to acquire for our collection!  :D

20 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

How much do these cost nowadays? I think I got mine at a bargain bin price a couple of years back when nobody wanted it.

$400 for mine, as much as I paid for my VT-1. Went ahead and splurged since it's one of the last pieces I needed. From here on out it's only new releases for me!

20 hours ago, easnoddy said:

Very nice! But the TV SDF-1 has its legs on backwards! :o

7 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Speaking of things that are way too huge...

20180113_132311.thumb.jpg.2be5d8ff47eb203c802f9a8e612a1eac.jpg

And to think I thought the PG Bandai kit was huge. :blink::lol:

Well.. Are you ready to spend roughly 18 hrs + (give or take) to put her together? That's roughly the price of six Macross valks or maybe 5 Hi-Metal R's including the Monster. I can see a interesting mash up of Star Wars and Macross in a diorama when completed.  

On 1/13/2018 at 9:32 AM, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Hi Metal-R #'s 5-8 for me..   now I can say I have a collection going :)

Optimized-20180112_173757.jpg

Optimized-20180112_174153.jpg

Congrats on your 1/3000 TV SDF-1 that you got earlier.  I got another one to display with my HMR.

Your HMR collection is coming along nicely.

4 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

When there's no more room for toys, what do you start collecting? 

DSC_1025.thumb.JPG.2dc72cf8fa5dd56acd78fb44c91a2c8b.JPG

Where did you buy the Macross Chronicle issues?  I’m thinking about getting a few more.