Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

4 minutes ago, valkyriepilot said:

Image may contain: text

Got my Hase VF-31A, courtesy of a friend who is also into Macross and the model kits hobby in general. :D

Below are other kit purchases within the past 2 weeks:

No automatic alt text available.

Nice pickups! That MF is one of the few recent high priced MFs that I've yet to purchase. I'm kinda hoping an eventual DX version may come and be comparably priced enough for me to grab that one.  

14 hours ago, Lolicon said:

At long last I've finally completed Emerald Force. They even let me keep the Mylene illustration from the price tag. :)

Picked up a Messer VF-1S too since it was discounted enough.

Love the 19F, best 19 Yamato ever made. I have fond memories of when I had 3 of them :(.

I finally got hold of a set of VF-27 Super parts thanks to Mickyg!

I may have also bought his panel lined and color corrected YF-29 Isamu Type along with its Super parts kindasortamaybe by accident... but shipping from Oz is a bear, need to bundle while you can!

E92B69EF-0122-43C2-949E-0E03FCEBE590.jpeg

FA2BF0A2-5A64-4744-9CF2-3CBF665CDC3B.jpeg

2701373E-6531-4869-920A-BDCD3192AE7A.jpeg

6A02522C-9645-46FE-A5D9-4367B2EB9B98.jpeg

FINALLY! After receiving this absolute beast on Saturday thanks to TCP, who are the BEST in third party retail within the US, I got to crack open this holy grail I've been waiting on. MASTERPIECE OMEGA SUPREME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20171016_180131.thumb.jpg.95e71395512330f3fdd2c7fa0050d764.jpg20171016_180226.thumb.jpg.c71a08e0152247fde3ef3cc8716da99d.jpg

This thing is glorious! The only G1 figure I actually ever owned was this guy, so even if I didn't collect G1 MP, which I do, extensively, I probably would have gotten him anyway, he is a very special character and release for me. The figure is beautiful, over two feet tall, and he's exactly what I hoped for and wanted. THIS is something I am 100% certain Takara will never do, they may do a Titans, or POTP, or some other version, but an MP Omega? Never. This thing is nuts, and I'm glad to finally have my hands on him. Unfortunately I have a LOT of re-arranging to do, he doesn't fit anywhere while assembled, and his base mode is even bigger, so I need to figure some things out before I can fit him in with my other Autobots.

There are only a couple of Transformers toys I would really want...

One is the G2 Hooligan figure, i had one as a kid and I adored it. Shame I ended up losing it. The other is a Masterpiece Starscream, the one that Shoji Kawamori designed, the one that turns into an F-15E, MP-03 I think it is.

Congrats everyone on the arrival of your purchases!

15 hours ago, Sildani said:

I finally got hold of a set of VF-27 Super parts thanks to Mickyg!

I may have also bought his panel lined and color corrected YF-29 Isamu Type along with its Super parts kindasortamaybe by accident... but shipping from Oz is a bear, need to bundle while you can!

E92B69EF-0122-43C2-949E-0E03FCEBE590.jpeg

FA2BF0A2-5A64-4744-9CF2-3CBF665CDC3B.jpeg

2701373E-6531-4869-920A-BDCD3192AE7A.jpeg

6A02522C-9645-46FE-A5D9-4367B2EB9B98.jpeg

*Sniff, sniff* So glad Isamu went to a good home...

Grace looks really great too, by the way!

Canopy tint from ultra dark blue to an almost aqua tone, fold crystals from the bizarre blue to a more appropriate Fold Crystal Purple, and a very tedious and frustrating attempt to give the front sensor window a body tinted "frame" around the segments.

Here's a look at what they're like, stock:
yf29_review.jpg

Sorry for the O/T...

Edited by mickyg

Also: panel lining, missile bodies painted, and landing gear and bays painted white and washed a bit as you can see. It’s about the best 29 available, which is why I jumped on it!

Sorry for the vertical photo, just used my phone and felt this was best due to his sheer height. He's pretty damn amazing, and quite sturdy for his size, he has little "locks" in his feet that can hold a basic standing pose fine, then you can click them out of place and get ankle rocker. His transformation only gets fiddly in the legs, folding them out into the longer parts of the track in his alt mode can take some time, you have to maneuver a bunch of plastic and ratchets through an open hangar you create in the side of the leg, it's kind of a mess. Other then that though, he's Masterpiece Omega alright.

20171017_203347.thumb.jpg.bd40adc44f103f7dd1049b27cd5b43e8.jpg

My first ever DX Chogokin, Mirage's VF-31C finally arrived! Along with some books: Gundam Design Works by Akira Yasuda (because I love Turn A Gundam), Lost In Anime by Thomas Romain, and The Ghost in the Shell Bilingual comics. I already have a copy of the translated GITS but it was already yellowing. And I didn't want to get the deluxe edition because it was censored. Haven't read it yet but I might compare it to the old copy I have one of these days (when I get it out of storage).

large.20171018_vf31cnbooks.png.5755bd53b38a0e6801f660c88f2a1fa4.png

2 hours ago, hachi said:

My first ever DX Chogokin, Mirage's VF-31C finally arrived! Along with some books: Gundam Design Works by Akira Yasuda (because I love Turn A Gundam), Lost In Anime by Thomas Romain, and The Ghost in the Shell Bilingual comics. I already have a copy of the translated GITS but it was already yellowing. And I didn't want to get the deluxe edition because it was censored. Haven't read it yet but I might compare it to the old copy I have one of these days (when I get it out of storage).

large.20171018_vf31cnbooks.png.5755bd53b38a0e6801f660c88f2a1fa4.png

Nice! I should pick up that Ghost in the Shell. 

10 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Sorry for the vertical photo, just used my phone and felt this was best due to his sheer height. He's pretty damn amazing, and quite sturdy for his size, he has little "locks" in his feet that can hold a basic standing pose fine, then you can click them out of place and get ankle rocker. His transformation only gets fiddly in the legs, folding them out into the longer parts of the track in his alt mode can take some time, you have to maneuver a bunch of plastic and ratchets through an open hangar you create in the side of the leg, it's kind of a mess. Other then that though, he's Masterpiece Omega alright.

20171017_203347.thumb.jpg.bd40adc44f103f7dd1049b27cd5b43e8.jpg

Holy CRAP!!! That's awesome!

17 hours ago, Sildani said:

Also: panel lining, missile bodies painted, and landing gear and bays painted white and washed a bit as you can see. It’s about the best 29 available, which is why I jumped on it!

Awe shucks... You're too kind sir.

Have you discovered the instrument panel yet?  As I recall, that's the first thing I did to it.  It started to snowball from there.

Great additions, all!

@Tking22: which Prime is that?  Omega is massive, but it's a whole new level if that's the "big" MPP-10 you've got there.

Edited by mickyg

I should thank @Xigfrid as well - he actually got the ball rolling on this deal by sending me a PM about a few VF-27s up for sale.  I damaged my gun by attempting to straighten out a very slight curve and made it 10x worse in the process.  Anyway, he contacted me and told me I could always sell Sildani the super parts.  In the end, the option of buying a whole '27 turned out way too expensive but I realised I didn't intend on ever displaying the supers on what I had.  I contacted Sildani to see if he was still looking and the rest just sort of developed from there.

It's great to have such a supportive and truly global community of folks!

1 hour ago, mickyg said:

Awe shucks... You're too kind sir.

Have you discovered the instrument panel yet?  As I recall, that's the first thing I did to it.  It started to snowball from there.

Great additions, all!

@Tking22: which Prime is that?  Omega is massive, but it's a whole new level if that's the "big" MPP-10 you've got there.

That's just the regular, Takara Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus, my MPP-10 and MPP-10B are in storage, I only use them for alt/vehicle mode scale. MPP-10 would be roughly at the upper part of Omega's thigh though from what I remember of his bot mode height ;).

1 hour ago, mickyg said:

I should thank @Xigfrid as well - he actually got the ball rolling on this deal by sending me a PM about a few VF-27s up for sale.  I damaged my gun by attempting to straighten out a very slight curve and made it 10x worse in the process.  Anyway, he contacted me and told me I could always sell Sildani the super parts.  In the end, the option of buying a whole '27 turned out way too expensive but I realised I didn't intend on ever displaying the supers on what I had.  I contacted Sildani to see if he was still looking and the rest just sort of developed from there.

It's great to have such a supportive and truly global community of folks!

That's an cool chain of events, sorry to hear about damage to the gun.  That's what makes this community great, lots of supportive members.

33 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

That's just the regular, Takara Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus, my MPP-10 and MPP-10B are in storage, I only use them for alt/vehicle mode scale. MPP-10 would be roughly at the upper part of Omega's thigh though from what I remember of his bot mode height ;).

That Omega Supreme is freaking awesome!  If I was still collecting TF I would definitely have it in my collection but I wouldn't have anywhere to display it. :lol: