Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

29 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Another box showed up, with something I've been looking for for a few months: the Yamato YF-19 fold booster, which will be fitted to my Arcadia YF-19.

COqIBbl.jpg

Bit of yellowing on the fast pack parts, which I won't be using anyway.

djWwmkv.jpg

faBh2sK.jpg

9VSZBxR.jpg

Nice!! I wanna get a fold booster for my Arcadia YF-19 and Yamato YF-21 too!! 

Edited by Rogueload

Just now, Rogueload said:

Nice!! I wanna get a fold booster for my Arcadia YF-19 and Yamato VF-21 too!! 

Picked up mine from Jungle, was the only place I could find it, and fortunately it wasn't too expensive since the Fast Pack was sunburnt.

I think they have another one, but it's north of $100 before shipping.

6 hours ago, Rogueload said:

Nice!! I wanna get a fold booster for my Arcadia YF-19 and Yamato YF-21 too!! 

Looks like the listing was missing some things.

The fold booster has some sunburn as well, on the side hidden while it's in the package, and the LEDs aren't working.

Time for some disassembly and electrical work, and while I'm at it maybe a fresh coat of paint to fix the yellowing. It's already past collectible state, may as well get it looking good again.

Over a decade in the making...and now I am in love!

Macross_VF-1A_Low Vis_DSC06142.jpg

Macross_VF-1A_Low Vis_DSC06144.jpg

Macross_VF-1A_Low Vis_DSC06145.jpg

Macross_VF-1A_Low Vis_DSC06146.jpg

Macross_VF-1A_Low Vis_DSC06139.jpg

Macross_VF-1A_Low Vis_DSC06140.jpg

Macross_VF-1A_Low Vis__DSC06141.jpg

Thank you @Skull-1 for sending me this gem in pristine condition! I have another 1/48 in storage somewhere but this is the first one I've opened and handled and I love it! I think I like it more than the V2 1/60s because of the overall simplicity, looks, gimmicks and size. It could be just the shock and excitement of getting something new that I've wanted for over a decade but it really seems like the ultimate VF-1 made so far. Did I mention I love it? Thank you @Skull-1 !

17 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

nice!!! ohhhh how I wish they had done that scheme in 1/60 ver2!!!

Thanks! They still can!:p

I dunno though, I'm looking forward to finding my 1/48 Max that's been in storage for over a decade a bit more than I am to getting the 1/60 I just ordered. Late to the party but I really like the 1/48 design!

6 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Excellent Low Vis Slave IV.  I love that scheme and plan on making a HMR version of it in the future.

Thanks! Oooo, that would be sweet! Can't wait to see the HMR you make!

Here are a couple MLs I just got/opened:

Marvel_Thundra_Man-Thing_DSC06138.jpg

Got Thundra on clearance and going to go well with all the upcoming Fantastic Four figures. I have Man-Thing's other limbs but haven't dug them out yet because I was too busy playing with the Yamato VF-1A. 

Edited by Slave IV

On 9/15/2017 at 2:02 PM, Slave IV said:

Thanks! Oooo, that would be sweet! Can't wait to see the HMR you make!

Here are a couple MLs I just got/opened:

Marvel_Thundra_Man-Thing_DSC06138.jpg

Got Thundra on clearance and going to go well with all the upcoming Fantastic Four figures. I have Man-Thing's other limbs but haven't dug them out yet because I was too busy playing with the Yamato VF-1A. 

Did you get the Man-The ng parts separate or did you buy the whole wave?  I have half of it but I just don't care about the Netflix figures outside of Daredevil.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Did you get the Man-The ng parts separate or did you buy the whole wave?  I have half of it but I just don't care about the Netflix figures outside of Daredevil.

I got the parts pictured from someone who only wanted the Netflix figures, which like you, I have no interest in. I have Bullseye and Blade somewhere, just need to dig them out. 

39 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Agreed! I thought GX-72 Megazord would be better than Voltron but thats not the case. 

How is the megazord? I want to get but the lack of really anything keeps from it. I feel I should just buy the soul of robot version instead.

5 hours ago, Darotower said:

Finally got this very-hard piece to find, VF-1J "Weathering Special version" 1/60 by Yamato, thanks to davidwhangchoi!

20170918_193836.jpg

Congrats my friend!!!!! Those weathering editions are awesome. The VF-1J is one of the hardest to come by.

Now the hunt for Max and Hikaru VF-1S's begins!!!!!

15 hours ago, dragonstar1982 said:

How is the megazord? I want to get but the lack of really anything keeps from it. I feel I should just buy the soul of robot version instead.

Its kinda meh with some questionable engineering decisions. The forearms dont lock, the hands dont grip the weapons all that well, head has no tilt, leg joints are kinda weak, limited articulation, and the combiner joint for the legs dislodges easily. It feels like a toy from a different line and not SOC.