Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Nah, just some simple Tamiya weathering kit. I did recently change it from a flat to semi-gloss finish so it matches more recent stuff I've worked on, which incidentally reflects a lot more light. :mellow:

Oh nice, I've only just started learning to use those kits on a hangar display.  I don't dare use it on a valk just yet hehe.

3 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

he truly is a great master. honestly think the his vf-1s roy is one of the best! 

Yea, I did a double take on the Vf-1S, looks "Ultra-Premium" :D

22 minutes ago, Jaustin89 said:

Finally got my die cast SR-71 pre-order that was supposed to have shipped in June; it was a long wait but worth it.

15019507082251619216475.thumb.jpg.76ed2fef141cd9c459c9a1eeb3e13a0f.jpg

Nice! Model airplanes has always been a love of mine and he newer, high detailed diecast ones have been calling me. 

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You need to print that Macross Coffee Table Book first before you retire, @Saburo. Right, @Lolicon? :rolleyes:

Yes! I'm sure if you only produced a small number on a made-to-order basis, it would fall under fair use and Big West won't sue you. Though maybe consult a lawyer first. :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Yea, I did a double take on the Vf-1S, looks "Ultra-Premium" :D

Thanks! They can be removed with a most towel or Q-tip, so don't be afraid to try!

On another note, finally got my premium Roy along with some other PW stuff. :)

5986146809ac1_newstuff2017-08-05.thumb.jpg.daa8440f7c8446f70c1b4d288bea3eb4.jpg

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Yes! I'm sure if you only produced a small number on a made-to-order basis, it would fall under fair use and Big West won't sue you. Though maybe consult a lawyer first. :rolleyes:

Or do it as an exclusive limited run thru PM. We just need to be discreet. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

AH, the kind of quality I've come to expect from the franchise. :mellow:

598616abd6ba8_brokenjemhadar.thumb.jpg.acaab6ce23d5de1fee904568641a6bb7.jpg

I won't buy a single thing one of those pos Eaglemoss models.  The build quality of the ships that actually show up intact is terrible and out of the seven primary Enterprise four of mine were broken on arrival.

6 hours ago, technoblue said:

Gorgeous! Love the look with the TV Roy pilot. ;)

Don't forget to swap the head too. :)

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

wow...really? i've had great luck with the eaglemoss ST ships... The one Enterprise i got that had a broken nacelle, the seller shipped me a new one for free!  I have over 20 of them, no other issues. 

Same. This is the first one I've bought that's had a problem. I got it from HLJ at half price, and HLJ has been pretty good at replacing or refunding for broken items like this. 

3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

wow...really? i've had great luck with the eaglemoss ST ships... The one Enterprise i got that had a broken nacelle, the seller shipped me a new one for free!  I have over 20 of them, no other issues. 

Yup.  NX-01 both nacelles were snapped off.  TOS Enterprise the port side nacelle was snapped off.  A, the saucer section was broken at the neck.  The D both of the nacelles were snapped off.  Only the B,C and E came out unscathed. I managed to fix the D well enough but the NX-01 is impossible and the TOS one looks horrible where the nacelle was snapped off so even though it's glued it looks really bad.  Not going to bother with the A.  They were part of "special" three and four packs of all the Enterprises and the distributors didn't have anymore so I tried to contact Eaglemoss directly and they told me to go away.  So I have, screw them and their shoddy products.

11 hours ago, Jaustin89 said:

Finally got my die cast SR-71 pre-order that was supposed to have shipped in June; it was a long wait but worth it.

15019507082251619216475.thumb.jpg.76ed2fef141cd9c459c9a1eeb3e13a0f.jpg

That looks fantastic! What scale is that and how much? I've been thinking about getting some real world jets to go along with my valks. 

On 8/4/2017 at 9:26 PM, Lolicon said:

Nooo you're not allowed to retire. :lol:

*snip*

Hehe, I'll still take photos as I am still collecting. :D

22 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You need to print that Macross Coffee Table Book first before you retire, @Saburo. Right, @Lolicon? :rolleyes:

*snip*

That would probably be the last project just before "retirement". :D

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

That was pretty much what I was thinking, made to order and small production. One day I'll get around to working on it. ;)

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Got my premium finish TV Roy finally. B))

Awesome shots!  You are shooting with your camera phone right?

55 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

That looks fantastic! What scale is that and how much? I've been thinking about getting some real world jets to go along with my valks. 

1:72 and $150; the place I got it from still has some in stock but its a limited edition of 800 pieces so I wouldn't count on that being the case for too long.

http://www.flyingmule.com/products/CW-001623

I'd say that my only complaint is that the wheels are molded rather than functional, beyond that it's impressive in level of detail and build quality.

Edited by Jaustin89

17 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Got my premium finish TV Roy finally. B))

59861d3426b9e_premiumTVroy01.thumb.jpg.a77bf9f169721e0b4889f0e783b02ee1.jpg

59861d35577ae_premiumTVroy02.thumb.jpg.f21067175fdffa3200d9a56f50496447.jpg

TV? I thought it was a DYRL Premium Finish.  Anyway, how much did you get it for?  Mandarake complex was selling one for 40,000 yen, two weeks ago, when I saw it.

2 hours ago, Bub said:

TV? I thought it was a DYRL Premium Finish.  Anyway, how much did you get it for?  Mandarake complex was selling one for 40,000 yen, two weeks ago, when I saw it.

Lol.... He just change the DYRL Roy pilot for the TV Roy Pilot.

12 hours ago, Saburo said:

Awesome shots!  You are shooting with your camera phone right?

Yup! By phone camera standards the Nexus is quite good, but my kingdom for an optical zoom! :o

3 hours ago, Bub said:

As remarked earlier, I just swapped the head and pilot. :rolleyes:  But I bought it from HLJ which still has it in stock. 

https://hlj.com/product/ACA82133

IMG_4806.thumb.JPG.f30c9ea6eb647224c843cf20e19975c7.JPGIMG_4807.thumb.JPG.d1ef98d00b0acb13c3419a30da3f6955.JPGIMG_4809.thumb.JPG.25b45236d53341f083d7406b28391dd8.JPG

I'm going to customize the head to make a younger Logan.  I'll still buy the one coming out later on the vintage card that includes the extra head.  Maybe that one will stay MOSC.

Edited by sh9000

12 hours ago, Pedro2k6 said:

Lol.... He just change the DYRL Roy pilot for the TV Roy Pilot.

11 hours ago, Lolicon said:

And swapped the head for the proper arrow color. ^_^

Thanks for the clarification!  Now, when will Arcadia release the VF-1S Super Valkyrie TV version?

19 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I'm going to customize the head to make a younger Logan.  I'll still buy the one coming out later on the vintage card that includes the extra head.  Maybe that one will stay MOSC.

I think the one on the "vintage" card is just a reused head from the unmasked Wolverine in the Jubilee BAF from several years ago.  I was going to suggest finding one of those to use for the head because they used to be a dime a dozen but it looks like you can't get them for very cheap anymore.

14 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I think the one on the "vintage" card is just a reused head from the unmasked Wolverine in the Jubilee BAF from several years ago.  I was going to suggest finding one of those to use for the head because they used to be a dime a dozen but it looks like you can't get them for very cheap anymore.

IMG_4621.thumb.JPG.b54d679ae7af423f8ec1c006e888a647.JPG

IMG_4818.JPG.baf77497d5d1b8f9716c2f27b75371c1.JPG

I think it's a slightly different head.  I'm happy with the one I made.  I just need to fix the hair a little bit and paint over the wrinkles, eyebrows, and hair.

Wow, you're doing custom Marvel figures too @sh9000? Nice!

I finally just watched Logan last night. Surprisingly good movie. 

I went to 4 Targets and a few Walgreen's over the weekend and saw 0 new ML or BS figures. I did find a TDKR Joker to pretty much complete my Batman collection. The only other figure I'd want is a shriveled Superman if someone ever made one. 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Wow, you're doing custom Marvel figures too @sh9000? Nice!

I finally just watched Logan last night. Surprisingly good movie. 

I went to 4 Targets and a few Walgreen's over the weekend and saw 0 new ML or BS figures. I did find a TDKR Joker to pretty much complete my Batman collection. The only other figure I'd want is a shriveled Superman if someone ever made one. 

Yeah a few customs.  Thanks!  I'm still sticking to just the upcoming Deadpool wave and new X-Men wave so I won't need to buy any new ML for a while.

I got an awesome shipment from HLJ!

20170804_120758.thumb.jpg.0bf44410e29446b7914cdfff95eb85b2.jpg

And what is inside the box??? 20170804_120949.thumb.jpg.9cef5c1f3931108b0140ae7d14cc677f.jpg

I am loving the Hi-Metal R Xabungle. I have not watched the show but it is an excellent figure. I got the gundam stuff on HLJ last sale and the re:edit iron man to continue with the growing collection. I need to find time tonight to open Guyver 3 and the Kshatriya. I don't own any other Robot Spirits but the Kashatrya looked too good to pass up. 

20170804_121610.thumb.jpg.8f190634fe7dd8ff18218a1bf81badc0.jpg

1 minute ago, General Rasp said:

I got an awesome shipment from HLJ!

20170804_120758.thumb.jpg.0bf44410e29446b7914cdfff95eb85b2.jpg

And what is inside the box??? 20170804_120949.thumb.jpg.9cef5c1f3931108b0140ae7d14cc677f.jpg

I am loving the Hi-Metal R Xabungle. I have not watched the show but it is an excellent figure. I got the gundam stuff on HLJ last sale and the re:edit iron man to continue with the growing collection. I need to find time tonight to open Guyver 3 and the Kshatriya. I don't own any other Robot Spirits but the Kashatrya looked too good to pass up. 

20170804_121610.thumb.jpg.8f190634fe7dd8ff18218a1bf81badc0.jpg

Nice haul! I haven't picked up the Modular Iron Man yet mainly because I don't think it looks like the Modular Armor design from the comics and the look suits War Machine better to me. Still, it's a great looking figure and I see it's on sale currently...Hmmm.

13 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Awesome, I'm still undecided on whether to get the Xabungle, I haven't watched the show either.  That box art is sweet though.

I'm not even going to look at that Guyver 3 for fear of going down that road...