Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

11 minutes ago, hal9000 said:

I got a lot of gunpla today and some building supply's to try,  but most important Messer is in the house(well at work) :)  

IMG_8040.JPG

Let me guess, thats from HLJ? <_< I really hate how they pack their stuff, its a total crap shoot whether you get a mint box or not. 

Yes it is.  

Im not super concerned about box condition as long as the product is perfect. I can live with a 1/4 debt in to corner or a scuff. I like how well they Tetris the boxes and fill the empty space with bubbles to prevent movement.   Also they use a  reasonably high grade of cardboard box,  I have never had one crushed.  

But I have shipped single Valkyres and their packaging was different for them,   They were shrink wrap to a piece of cardboard and placed in an oversized box lots of crushed room, valkyrie boxes were in very good shape. 

6 minutes ago, hal9000 said:

Yes it is.  

Im not super concerned about box condition as long as the product is perfect. I can live with a 1/4 debt in to corner or a scuff. I like how well they Tetris the boxes and fill the empty space with bubbles to prevent movement.   Also they use a  reasonably high grade of cardboard box,  I have never had one crushed.  

But I have shipped single Valkyres and their packaging was different for them,   They were shrink wrap to a piece of cardboard and placed in an oversized box lots of crushed room, valkyrie boxes were in very good shape. 

Problem i have is that i ship large PW and when a hole is punched on the side of the box most of it transfers to the items inside. Ive transferred most of my expensive items over to Amiami. Figuarts i can do but SOCs, Riobots, or Macross i moved to Amiami. 

On 4/27/2017 at 5:35 PM, no3Ljm said:

Hey Duymon. Out of curiosity, do you pay their sales taxes since you're a tourist? Thanks!

This is mega late. I showed my passport and they filled out some tiny form and stuck it in my passport.

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

picking up another roy, i only have box shots as you know i love boxes and posting the whole group so far:

ptId9E0l.png

Dang what are you going to do with all them valks :lol:

Nice haul :D

26 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Dang what are you going to do with all them valks :lol:

Nice haul :D

thanks! yamato DYRL valks are produced in an off white grey color tone that is no longer being produced by arcadia, so i grabbed a dozen of the yamato 30th anniversary editions with all fixed shoulders to hold unto since he's my favorite.  

Congrats guys to all your purchases! :blink::drinks:

I just got Arcadia 1/60 VF-1S Hikaru, PlayArts Kai Cloud Strife FFVII Remake, VF-31 Master File, and a couple of Cospa Bags Zeon and Anaheim Electronics. (which I'm not sure if I'm going to use it). ^_^

On 5/6/2017 at 10:11 AM, davidwhangchoi said:

picking up another roy, i only have box shots as you know i love boxes and posting the whole group so far:

ptId9E0l.png

Better get some cellophane on those bad boys :D

I kind of wish I'd picked up more Roys in the off white, but I just don't have room to stack that many more. :lol:  I did grab one spare, but I wound up kitbashing him with a Max 1A to get a Max 1S, and now I've got spare parts for a Roy 1A. :blink:

On 1/5/2017 at 8:03 PM, anubis20 said:

The had a line just for the exclusives, no tickets or anything, just a line. They gave you a form to check off which one you wanted and how many but that was it. My advice is get there as early as you can. I got there by 8:40 (opened at 9) and there were already a good 200 people in line. I didnt get to the table until about 10:30 and Goku was sold out by 11:00. So if it opens at 9 as well then try to be there by 6:30-7. 

Yes the had a separate table for regular release stuff. No metal builds. Only figuarts, monsterarts, and sould of chogokin. No myth cloth since that isnt too big of a market in the US but im pretty sure in Mexico they will have all that stuff. One thing though is that their stuff at the regular booth was full price plus tax. So it wasnt a really good idea to buy stuff from them. SOC Voltron was $350 Plus tax and Megazord $325 plus tax :blink:

Well, here in Mexico they ended up selling a cupon that gives you the rights to buy the exclusives figures in the day of the event, 2 USD but it saves you the pain of gettin to early to get one

And more on topic, finally got my switch, waiting for MK 8 te get here today to try it

18319209_1452540778122809_7416898029376101480_o.jpg

1 hour ago, mog_kupo said:

Well, here in Mexico they ended up selling a cupon that gives you the rights to buy the exclusives figures in the day of the event, 2 USD but it saves you the pain of gettin to early to get one

And more on topic, finally got my switch, waiting for MK 8 te get here today to try it

18319209_1452540778122809_7416898029376101480_o.jpg

Yea I saw that on D.A.M.'s most recent video. Its an interesting approach but im sure these events are much bigger than they are here in the US. Have they done this method of selling tickets for items before? Is getting a ticket like preordering a DX toy from Amiami? :lol:

42 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Yea I saw that on D.A.M.'s most recent video. Its an interesting approach but im sure these events are much bigger than they are here in the US. Have they done this method of selling tickets for items before? Is getting a ticket like preordering a DX toy from Amiami? :lol:

Close as but not enough, I  got tickets for the first day to go with my friends and the next day with my girlfriend, along with one Goku and one Athena, the figures ran out around 15 minutes after the starting hour, 2 years ago it was chaos since they used the first come-first served and put a limit of 5 "Mexican" Goku for person some people began the line a day before in the afternoon

Edited by mog_kupo

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Great Cloud figure. Got mine too along with my VF-1S. ^_^

I hope its the last PAK i have to buy. SE is getting greedy with the prices of these things :angry: only other PAK I will buy is an Aerith of Tifa

2 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Man I hope I don't see that Venom revoltech at the comic con in two weeks. I my not be able to stop myself from buying it. 

These Marvel Revoltechs are the only Revoltechs worth owning :wub: I used to hate Revoltechs with a passion but these brought me back

3 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Man I hope I don't see that Venom revoltech at the comic con in two weeks. I my not be able to stop myself from buying it. 

Just now, anubis20 said:

These Marvel Revoltechs are the only Revoltechs worth owning :wub: I used to hate Revoltechs with a passion but these brought me back

Yup, just buy it now. The Amazing Yamaguchi Marvel Comics Revoltech line is THE BEST line in 6" comic figures out right now! The attention to detail they put in everything from sculpt, paint, accessories, packaging, yeah everything, is second to none!

8 hours ago, anubis20 said:

I hope its the last PAK i have to buy. SE is getting greedy with the prices of these things :angry: only other PAK I will buy is an Aerith of Tifa

Yeah. PAK is getting expensive. A few more bucks and you can buy a good 1/6th Hot Toys figure. I only buy a few selected FF PAK figures. And mostly ones that rhymes with Cloud. Hahaha! :D For PAK, I have Dissidia Cloud, Dissidia Squall, FFXV Noctis, FFVIIAC Sephiroth & Cloud, FFVIIRemake Cloud. And I just realized that I bought guys who wears black. Too bad I missed getting FFVIIAC Tifa. :( 

1 hour ago, Boobytrap said:

It was a fun night. Sorry, no pics

Boo! It's not fun. No pics! :lol: 

28 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Yeah. PAK is getting expensive. A few more bucks and you can buy a good 1/6th Hot Toys figure. I only buy a few selected FF PAK figures. And mostly ones that rhymes with Cloud. Hahaha! :D For PAK, I have Dissidia Cloud, Dissidia Squall, FFXV Noctis, FFVIIAC Sephiroth & Cloud, FFVIIRemake Cloud. And I just realized that I bought guys who wears black. Too bad I missed getting FFVIIAC Tifa. :( 

Boo! It's not fun. No pics! :lol: 

I only have Halo 2 & 5 Master Chief, Spartan Locke, AC Tifa, AC Cloud, Sephiroth, Cloud Remake, MGS5 Venom Snake, MGS5 Venom Snake Sneaking Suit, Quiet, and D-DOG. 

Venom Snake and Quiet im gonna sell this week. Ive officially run out of space in my storage. 

2 hours ago, Darotower said:

Happy to see this on my mail box today: Super parts & Ghost set for RVF-25 renewal!

Congrats on your purchase German!!! Love the ghosts with the RVF-25.

My latest purchase is not Macross related. Finally got official Megs:

IMG_5975.JPG

IMG_5979.JPG

IMG_5987.JPG

IMG_5995.JPG

4 hours ago, Darotower said:

Happy to see this on my mail box today: Super parts & Ghost set for RVF-25 renewal!

20170509_171649.jpg

20170509_165930.jpg

20170509_165753.jpg

IMG-20170509-WA0086.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Congrats on your purchase German!!! Love the ghosts with the RVF-25.

My latest purchase is not Macross related. Finally got official Megs:

IMG_5975.JPG

IMG_5979.JPG

IMG_5987.JPG

IMG_5995.JPG

Very nice!