Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

I have a bunch of Riobots in my collection, and I'm not bummed about diecast content. Actually, I think it's better not having diecast since there's less chance for paint chipping and less stress on the joints. It's also easier to get airborne poses on the stand.

Diecast content doesn't equal quality in my book. It's the engineering, sculpt, and paint applications that justify a figure's price to me.

Really been thinking about pickup up MP Ratchet and Ironhide..let us know what you think of Ratchet.

They're both really solid toys, with superb transformation scheme. As much as I love Ironhide, I think Ratchet is my favorite amongst the two MP van bros.

Awesome books! I seriously need to get some of these. B))

i check them a bit before going to the gym and they sure are great, many pieces and the description where are they from.

http://hlj.com/product/KOB90124/Boo

http://hlj.com/product/KOB90181/Boo

Edited by Mr Bomber

i check them a bit before going to the gym and they sure are great, many pieces and the description where are they from.

http://hlj.com/product/KOB90124/Boo

http://hlj.com/product/KOB90181/Boo

Getting pumped up on Mecha before hitting the gym... good idea! B))

I'll keep an eye for a restock at HLJ.

Getting pumped up on Mecha before hitting the gym... good idea! B))

I'll keep an eye for a restock at HLJ.

you can order and they will charge them when they are on stock. i dod that and in a month or so it was available.

Great purchases everyone! ;)

Look what just got delivered! B))

I don't know why I buy kits too since I don't have time to build and paint them. Hehehe. :lol: Mine is sitting now in PW along with the newly purchased VF-4G. ;)

Great purchases everyone! ;)

I don't know why I buy kits too since I don't have time to build and paint them. Hehehe. :lol: Mine is sitting now in PW along with the newly purchased VF-4G. ;)

I am determined to finish both the 1/4000 Cruiser and now this Fortress mode SDF-1, someday soon it will be all done! :lol:

If anything the Box Art alone makes a great display! B))

I was gonna go for another VF-4 but damn, not fast enough on the "Add to cart button".... Oh well, still glad I have one & only Precious!

I am determined to finish both the 1/4000 Cruiser and now this Fortress mode SDF-1, someday soon it will be all done! :lol:

If anything the Box Art alone makes a great display! B))

I was gonna go for another VF-4 but damn, not fast enough on the "Add to cart button".... Oh well, still glad I have one & only Precious!

Yeah. That box art is a killer. :wub:

And true, the VF-4G sale price is what made me pull the trigger. Would it be nice instead of having one and only precious, to have 'twins' instead? :rolleyes:

Cool, I got that Ghost too last year. Too bad it doesn't scale properly with the Falcon. The Ghost is supposed to be quite bigger than it.

Since becoming an AFOL last year starting with Poe's X-Wing (which I blame on you for posting pics of it back then 😊), I've only bought Star Wars sets. But now I'm tempted to buy the Technic 42052 Heavy Lift Helicopter. I haven't built a Technic since I was a kid, so I can't imagine how things have improved since then. The chopper looks pretty good from the outside and looks "less technic-y". Back then, Technic mostly made use of those bricks with holes and their models looked like skeleton frames. This chopper looks like it has a more complete outside shell.

oCuYkTb.jpg

Edited by ArchieNov

Cool, I got that Ghost too last year. Too bad it doesn't scale properly with the Falcon. The Ghost is supposed to be quite bigger than it.

Since becoming an AFOL last year starting with Poe's X-Wing (which I blame on you for posting pics of it back then ), I've only bought Star Wars sets. But now I'm tempted to buy the Technic 42052 Heavy Lift Helicopter. I haven't built a Technic since I was a kid, so I can't imagine how things have improved since then. The chopper looks pretty good from the outside and looks "less technic-y". Back then, Technic mostly made use of those bricks with holes and their models looked like skeleton frames. This chopper looks like it has a more complete outside shell.

*snip*

I recently saw a review of new $300 Lego Technic Porsche 911 GT3 and I need to have that... :(

Very cool! But every time i see a Lego set i like, it's the price that scares me away..

How can the price scare you away when you can afford to buy multiples of Arcadia valks? :p

Ouch! :lol:

Cos I can more so justify the high costs of Valks considering thats what im into but the Lego not so much.. :/

Hehe point taken. One thing I like about Lego is its almost unparalleled longevity. And even if some parts manage to break, you can always just buy a replacement part and it's as good as new. If there's something you're not satisfied with, you can customize or improve it to your liking. The value holds up pretty well too and you can always sell it for parts.

Picked up another 1S with Skittles canopy. :) Maybe I can cancel my Arcadia order now...

*snip*

Spanner is right. Don't cancel. The only advantage you have is just the rainbow canopy. Whereas Arcadia has the SSP packs and comes in pink. ;)