Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

image.jpeg

It's a NECA figure of the old Kenner style toy. Here's a pic of the Dropship. Yeah it would have been nice if the landing gear was removable and plugged in. Then I could swoosh the Dropship around my house.

Congrats! I see that you bought 2. Buy 2 more so that you have one to open, one to cut the landing gear for swooshing, one to keep, and one for you know, just in case. Problem solved for the swooshing one. ;)

Congrats! I see that you bought 2. Buy 2 more so that you have one to open, one to cut the landing gear for swooshing, one to keep, and one for you know, just in case. Problem solved for the swooshing one. ;)

post-21587-0-06866800-1462069199_thumb.png

Maybe. :D

post-21587-0-54841400-1462149600_thumb.jpeg

No need to anymore. I managed to remove the landing gear. :)

Edited by sh9000

Always wanted a good toy/model of the dropship and APC. That one looks....like not the one I want. Sadly. :unsure:

The Aoshima Drop Ship *and APC were decent, you can still find them every now and again on sites like Mandarake for a "decent" price. I prefer the Screen Color variants myself, but those are really hard to find these days.

I really need to gather up all of my recent swag and take pics. :ph34r:

-b.

*forgot to mention the APC

Edited by Kanedas Bike

my 2nd VF-25A cannon fodder arrived today and she's absolutely perfect! :wub: The box had a few rough corners but other than that it was completely sealed! :D

put her up next to my original and they look fantastic together! B))

20160503_181708.jpg

20160503_182109.jpg

thinking I might need a 3rd! hehe! :rolleyes::p:lol:

my 2nd VF-25A cannon fodder arrived today and she's absolutely perfect! :wub: The box had a few rough corners but other than that it was completely sealed! :D

Do it!!!!

3>2 :lol:

Stop thinking and JUST DO IT! Too much thinking hurts. :rolleyes: Hahaha! :lol:

By the way, does it come with separate PVC and ABS head turrets?

Always wanted a good toy/model of the dropship and APC. That one looks....like not the one I want. Sadly. :unsure:

You want the Aoshima ones.

These NECA diecast are smaller, but afforadable though. I have them on order myself. Looking forward to the Sulaco, Nostromo, and Narcissus. Also, the Terminator Hunter Killers (both aerial and tank)

Mailman arrived with a EMS package, lets see what we have here:

nXBn1X9.jpg

Yay! my first Valkyrie!!! a YF-25 and is still unopened, just some scratches in the back of the box but if it make the price to go down I'm totally ok with that XD... also a Volks F-15 TSF from Muv-Luv (9 in the collection and counting).

cRxBOrj.jpg

I really like this toy, it is amazing to play with, I got to swoosh with it in fighter mode and to play posing it in Battroid mode

nk1h0mM.jpg

Surely is the first one, because I'll get more.... I was lucky to start my Valkyrie collecting in the last weeks as I also stumbled with the pre-order of the YF-29 (Alto custom) re-issue in HLJ.

I'll be honest, the YF-25, and the VF-25A I have are the best toleranced I have of all of the Messiah's sitting on my shelves. Nothing loose, and no QC issues. Little bits here and there on all of the others, but those two are perfect. I like the Prophecy scheme, too. Glad you are enjoying your first valk!

Nice Ray! I have the Half-sized Rex and really like it but will have to wait to get a Ray on sale. They look really good but are a little pricey for what you get.

Yup, I will have to agree with you about Ray. It doesn't feel like you're getting as much value as Rex does (who already feels pricey as it is). Do these actually go on sale later on? I don't recall seeing the Rex ever drop in price, even the full-size one.

But at the end of the day, I'm happy to have these two in my collection. For the longest time I was tempted to pick up the full-size Rex a few years ago but didn't have anywhere to display it. I'm glad 3A made these half-size versions.

Hey ArchieNov. How big is the half-size versions of Rex and Ray? Thanks. ^_^

zKrA5Af.jpg

Ray's wingspan is around 18" wide while Rex's railgun is 12" long.

Also, I transformed my VF-1A for this pic, and I noticed that the hip joints are now much looser than before. I guess no joint is safe from the ravages of time (oh, except for ratchet joints).

Edited by ArchieNov

*snip*

Ray's wingspan is around 18" wide while Rex's railgun is 12" long.

Also, I transformed my VF-1A for this pic, and I noticed that the hip joints are now much looser than before. I guess no joint is safe from the ravages of time (oh, except for ratchet joints).

Hey ArchieNov. Thanks for this photo scale reference. Earlier, when I posted that comment I was thinking of editing it to ask you to take photo with a Valk. And lo and behold! :rolleyes:

Thank you sir! ;)

Great pickups everyone!

@Yeti what do you think each of the DX9 TFs?

I think they are great. The only other DX9 figure I have had was Splinter (Wreck-gar). I was let down with what it was for what it cost. Tyrannt, Carry, and Chigurh have all greatly exceeded my expectations. I really like the aesthetic they are going with.

I got some stuff in, a big box from HLJ, my Hi-Metal Roy from NY, and a few other random bits...

post-12821-0-64925000-1462459123_thumb.jpg

I love the Cosmo Fleet SDF-1, the size is just where I wanted it, plus it's the TV version! I'm loving my legacy megazords, Falconzord looks great, but he's pretty damn useless without Ninja Megazord, who releases later this year. Figuarts Lupin and Fujiko probably have some of the nicest boxes in Figuarts history, they're just plain sexy. Pikachu is, meh, but he's Smash scale so I'll take him. While I like Ironhide more as a character, I may just like Ratchet's masterpiece figure more, he's awesome, and his default grumpy face is the best. The only things I didn't crack into were my Robot Spirits figures, I stopped buying Gundam model kits and figures years ago, but when I saw this ANIME line come out, I decided to go all out and get everything in the line, I can't wait to get home tonight so I can check them out, they look pretty damn amazing for the size.Tracks is, yeah, he was only $40 on HLJ on sale, so I guess I'll add him into my now 14 strong Autobot masterpiece collection, that is including third party, 15 when MMC Backdraft releases.

Yup, I will have to agree with you about Ray. It doesn't feel like you're getting as much value as Rex does (who already feels pricey as it is). Do these actually go on sale later on? I don't recall seeing the Rex ever drop in price, even the full-size one.

But at the end of the day, I'm happy to have these two in my collection. For the longest time I was tempted to pick up the full-size Rex a few years ago but didn't have anywhere to display it. I'm glad 3A made these half-size versions.

I want to yes that Half-Size Rex was on sale somewhere, but I can't remember. And the thing that got me with Half-Size Rex is that we was articulated. I have trouble justifying expensive toy purchases if you can't pose them.

I hope to have them in hand soon, but I've recently just purchased super parts for my VF-171EX and My VF-25F. I'm really excited, didn't pay a ton for the sets either. Better than spending my money on Warhammer 40k stuff I won't get to use...

Unfortunately the VF-25 Super parts were for a Michael unit, but I can just tell myself that It's Alto returning from Gallia IV...

Edited by Valkyrie Driver

I want to yes that Half-Size Rex was on sale somewhere, but I can't remember. And the thing that got me with Half-Size Rex is that we was articulated. I have trouble justifying expensive toy purchases if you can't pose them.

The full size versions have almost the same level of articulation as their smaller versions (sometimes more). The only additional articulation that the half-size Rex had was the ball jointed neck, instead of the simple hinge on the full-size one.

But the main advantage of the half-size versions is that the weight doesn't hinder the poseability anymore.

Oh MPP-10B is out? I might get that to go along with my MPP-10. I feel so strange because I tend to value these KOs more in my collection than the original MP-10...

My only gripe about the MPP-10B is that his gun reminds me of those toy water guns I used to play with as a kid.

Edited by ArchieNov