Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Finally got a 1/48 Max Jenius so that I could use my Low Vis Wood Land armor (have a 1/48 wood land low vis, but felt like it was overkill to stick the wood land armor on a wood land Valk).

post-29545-0-48853600-1454401863_thumb.jpg

Edited by NOD

Speaking of which, for those of you with Detolfs, how do you usually organize your stuff? By series/ movie/ OVA? Good guys in one row, bad guys below? Or to the side?

For some, it's fairly easy. Like w/ the M0 stuff:

But for others, it's not so easy.

post-29545-0-19805900-1454402025_thumb.jpg

As far as i can it is by series/movie/ova. I have two detolfs.

Left hand detolf is zero on top and top shelf, then dyrl then sdf:m (with some crossover) then plus

Right hand is mixed on top then seven top shelf, then frontier for the rest.

I am running out of space as well. Need another detolf already :-S

This arrived today. Quite quick, one week from japan with registered sal.

Nice! I got mine with the coupon that came with the fugly LOS movie Gemini. Bought that figure just for the ticket and sold it right away :lol:

Like everyone else I got ironhide too :)

234C65A7-450A-44CC-9984-2BBE78960A27.jpg

6B3EE7F0-5722-406D-9C2F-F6520C507616.jpg

070DF8A1-8F3B-452A-B16D-9F3F5A36E175.jpg

9AA4CF50-6051-47CB-A450-12F2907DC31A_1.j

Edited by anubis20

Veronica arrived for me as well.

post-12821-0-58379000-1454514198_thumb.jpg

After opening about seven layers of boxes I finally got to it, and I gotta say, Bandai frakking nailed it. I haven't been this 100% pleased with a Figuart since Broly, which Bandai also perfected. In short. Worth. Every. Penny.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Nice! I got mine with the coupon that came with the fugly LOS movie Gemini. Bought that figure just for the ticket and sold it right away :lol:

Like everyone else I got ironhide too :)

234C65A7-450A-44CC-9984-2BBE78960A27.jpg

6B3EE7F0-5722-406D-9C2F-F6520C507616.jpg

070DF8A1-8F3B-452A-B16D-9F3F5A36E175.jpg

9AA4CF50-6051-47CB-A450-12F2907DC31A_1.j

ironhide looks great

Received a number of items over the last few weeks, but I've been really looking forward to getting this. :)

IMG_20160201_152600_zpssdc9gg6g.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday as well. :wub: But no time to open it. So busy at work. :wacko:

Anyways, CONGRATS everyone on your new hauls. ;)

Veronica arrived for me as well.

attachicon.gif20160202_220458.jpg

After opening about seven layers of boxes I finally got to it, and I gotta say, Bandai frakking nailed it. I haven't been this 100% pleased with a Figuart since Broly, which Bandai also perfected. In short. Worth. Every. Penny.

I always forget about posting in this thread but, yes, I can heartily second this motion. Simply amazing.

I'll repost here for those who don't check the Figuarts thread.

Oh man. Now you're making me want to open the box even though we're busy here at work. Hehehe. :lol:

The only gripe I have is that they should've put LEDs on the hands as well. I checked the manual and it didn't show any. Would've been 100% perfect though if not for the LED lights on the hands. :unsure:

Oh man. Now you're making me want to open the box even though we're busy here at work. Hehehe. :lol:

The only gripe I have is that they should've put LEDs on the hands as well. I checked the manual and it didn't show any. Would've been 100% perfect though if not for the LED lights on the hands. :unsure:

Yea I see a lot of griping about the lack of lighting in the hands, that almost seemed like a given, and it's a shame too since the lights Bandai used are SUPER nice and bright. That said, I'm pretty sure they left the lights out of the hands because of continuity, I seem to remember Veronica/Hulkbuster in the movie not having standard repulsors in it's hands, I believe they were actually Uni-Beams, like in a normal sized Iron Man armor's chest. I mean, they were some kind of repulsors because they were used for flight and what-not, but I don't think they could actually FIRE a repulsor blast, they fired Uni-Beams.

Yea I see a lot of griping about the lack of lighting in the hands, that almost seemed like a given, and it's a shame too since the lights Bandai used are SUPER nice and bright. That said, I'm pretty sure they left the lights out of the hands because of continuity, I seem to remember Veronica/Hulkbuster in the movie not having standard repulsors in it's hands, I believe they were actually Uni-Beams, like in a normal sized Iron Man armor's chest. I mean, they were some kind of repulsors because they were used for flight and what-not, but I don't think they could actually FIRE a repulsor blast, they fired Uni-Beams.

Right, because the suit was so massive and modular every piece of it had a separate arc reactor. That's why the chest and both the legs glow, those are all arc reactors. The reactors for the arms are in the hands and doubles as power and weapons. I think it's true the hands should light up too though the light gimmick means nothing to me. Given the mechanism to make the hands as flexible as they are plus give them some stability there is zero room for lights, though. A standard ball hinge wouldn't work on something that big so they have this thick curved piece that fits inside the hand which would make wires and circuitry impossible. Hot Toys have light up hands but those hands aren't terribly posable. It was an unfortunate tradeoff but necessary I think.

I believe most criticisms are from people who balked at the price and are trying to convince themselves they don't need it. It's pretty much one of the best "six inch scale" figures I've ever handled.

I've been asked to make a video review for the Hulkbuster and I want to but taking care of my Mom takes first priority.

Edited by Mommar

Hehe! Just imagine if you woke up during the dead of night to find those dolls unzipping your pants! Frightening! ;)

LOL I would crap in my pants for sure!

Those dolls kinda a freaky. I would be scared if I see it staring at me middle of the night. lol

:(

Hehe! Just imagine if you woke up during the dead of night to find those dolls unzipping your pants! Frightening! ;)

<_<

Edited by anime52k8