Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

I never, ever thought I would buy one of these, but here we are. :huh:

Think I'll detail it up but skip the weathering and instead give it a gloss finish. Really make it look like a show plane! ^_^

angel%20birds%202015-11-17_zpsq0wpjda1.j

wow, where did you find this beauty?

Damn, Great purchases guys!

Bumble bee looks bad ass!

I really regret never picking up the 1/60 Angel birds. The colors really pop on that toy. So much better than the 1/48 version.

Menasor looks sick! How much smaller is he compared to the Hasbro devastator?

Holy crap! Who makes that Bumblebee?

It's from 3A (ThreeA).

This is actually the first time I've tried purchasing one of their products. Quality isn't perfect, but it's still pretty good. And since most of their products have a lot of weathering detail, most of the issues are not noticeable. It's expensive, but well worth the money IMO.

Review here: http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/10/10/3a-transformers-bumblebee-in-hand-review-gallery-303011

Yeah, but I bet it does not have the magic ability to transform, like him in the movie, into a pristine Camaro.

Otherwise, Awesome!

Yup. Non-transformable. And I'm completely fine with that in exchange for over the top details, robot mode accuracy and articulation.

The only way to make a 100% movie accurate Bayformer transform anyway is with nanomachine technology lol.

Yup. Non-transformable. And I'm completely fine with that in exchange for over the top details, robot mode accuracy and articulation.

The only way to make a 100% movie accurate Bayformer transform anyway is with nanomachine technology lol.

Great Bumbleebee figure, Archie. Love the details. ;)

Out of curiousity, would anyone willing to pay the same amount of this Bumbleebee to a VF-1 in Battroid mode, same size as the Bumblebee figure, being a non-transformable but have over-the-top details, accuracy and articulation? If so, would you prefer it in Battroid or Gerwalk mode?

Edited by no3ljm

Great Bumbleebee figure, Archie. Love the details. ;)

Out of curiousity, would anyone willing to pay the same amount of this Bumbleebee to a VF-1 in Battroid mode, same size as the Bumblebee figure, being a non-transformable but have over-the-top details, accuracy and articulation? If so, would you prefer it in Battroid or Gerwalk mode?

The thing I like about Bayformers is that they have TONS of mechanical detail on the outside. So having it at this size really helps flesh those out and make a nice display piece. A VF-1 doesn't really show that much mechanical detail because of its sleekness.

For the VF-1, they'll need to spice things up a bit more to feel like it's worth the same price IMO.

To make up for that, it should have some or all of the features below:

• Some removable panels with superb mechanical detailing underneath
  • Light-up gimmicks
  • Diecast inner frame

All of the above (and more) are present on the DX SOC Mazingers, so it's entirely possible.

Lastly, I would prefer it in Battroid. That should allow for a waist joint which is important for really dynamic posing.

Great MB Strike Freedom figure, @EFSF. :)

The question is: can it stand on its own feet? ^_^

I believe of all Strike Freedom figure incarnations except for those chibi ones, the only one that can stand up on its own feet is the High Grade one. ;)

Great MB Strike Freedom figure, @EFSF. :)

I believe of all Strike Freedom figure incarnations except for those chibi ones, the only one that can stand up on its own feet is the High Grade one. ;)

I've got my RG Strike Freedom to stand up but with the wings folded up and the suit itself leaning forward. :D

Seems to be an issue isolated to iPhone. Unless of course you're not uploading via iPhone, in which case, I'm stumped.

Seems to be an issue isolated to iPhone. Unless of course you're not uploading via iPhone, in which case, I'm stumped.

The picture was taken with an iPhone but I uploaded it from my computer.

The picture was taken with an iPhone but I uploaded it from my computer.

Has happened to me a couple of times.

What I tend to do now is after I send it to the computer I open it, rotate it and re save it.

Nice -17 BTW

Edited by Moosey