Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

I got my RVF-171EX in today and let me tell you I should of bought a VF-25 of some sort. It took me over 4 hours to transform this thing. The white piece they give you for the radar fin doesn't fit very well. Also I can't seem to get the legs to turn to clip them back in the tab for fighter mode. It almost feels like I'm going to break it so I just left it for now till I learn what is going on

post-30722-0-88713900-1440903518_thumb.jpg

post-30722-0-03742900-1440903535_thumb.jpg

post-30722-0-52960300-1440903559_thumb.jpg

post-30722-0-54745900-1440903577_thumb.jpg

post-30722-0-90290000-1440903591_thumb.jpg

post-30722-0-93508700-1440903694_thumb.jpg

Cue Lolicon :)

But all kidding aside, after you get a better understanding of the mechanics, it is fairly easy to transform.

As for your issue with the legs, they need to be straight at the knees when turning them back to fighter. If you try to turn them while bent, you might stress the mechanism inside to the point of breakage.

More can be learned from the RVF and CF171 threads.

I got my RVF-171EX in today and let me tell you I should of bought a VF-25 of some sort. It took me over 4 hours to transform this thing. The white piece they give you for the radar fin doesn't fit very well. Also I can't seem to get the legs to turn to clip them back in the tab for fighter mode. It almost feels like I'm going to break it so I just left it for now till I learn what is going on

That was the same frustration I went through switching my CF back from Battroid to Fighter mode.. couldn't get the legs to lock / tab in correctly and getting the upper arm and shoulder joints in the correct position so the arm click in on the upper fuselage gave me bad dreams for the rest of the week! :o;)

I think the RVF is a lovely thing (in fighter mode anyways) which is what it will stay in for however long it remains in my possession! -_-

That sensor fin thing and the clip it requires after transformation is a silly and poorly thought out gimmick. Unlike the better system they designed into the RVF-25 where the fin is attached to the left arm but this as a whole is still flawed as the toy then requires an adapter piece so you can then attach the gun in its stow position. The adapter should have been somehow built in to the other arm being allowed to fold away once modes are switched.

Got this from erikos0311, great item im pretty please with it.

VF-27 Lucifer Brea Custom

attachicon.gif2015-08-30 00.18.19.jpg

Macross 30: Voices across the Galaxy

attachicon.gif2015-08-30 00.29.02.jpg

i just hope it is playable without knowing japanese, lol

Very playable. I have beaten it multiple times, and I know zero Japanese.

Got this from erikos0311, great item im pretty please with it.

VF-27 Lucifer Brea Custom

attachicon.gif2015-08-30 00.18.19.jpg

Macross 30: Voices across the Galaxy

attachicon.gif2015-08-30 00.29.02.jpg

i just hope it is playable without knowing japanese, lol

Well done on your Brera purchase!

I have the Macross 30 game too now but no PS3 to play it on.. that's next on my "will get round to it someday" list.. :rolleyes:

Very playable. I have beaten it multiple times, and I know zero Japanese.

Is it a good game to play? I have seen some game play footage on Youtube but its hard to get a real impression of it through someone else's eyes. But I trust yours! :D

I take its not that hard a game to play if you've already finished it a few times!?

And it would have been nice if they did make a alternate language version or switchable in game option to do so.. but I take it the game was intended to be a Japan only release.. -_-

My only issue with the RVF-171 was that mine had some spikes bent on the ventral fin out of the box. Oh, and the stand looks hideous. :/

yeah same with mine.. I tried to gently bend them straight but I didn't want to break them so I just left them as is. Funny how both ours came like that! As silly as it sounds but could it be that's how they are meant to be perhaps?? :huh:

Yes that stand is just ghastly isn't it! All the Bandai stands are junk but that one I think takes the cake! I have my RVF sitting on a flightpose stand. The stupid large sensor fin makes it a little difficult but it works..

Thanks Jasonc. That is so sweet at 1/1 scale. ;) Is it big like a VHS tape somehow or smaller like a Betamax tape? And it's a resin, right?

What's a Betamax? :p I kid! I kid! (Runs away and ducks for cover). Never heard that for awhile. Had one of those a long time ago.

Very nice Tekkaman! Is this an older release? I never knew about these.

box is dated 2012, and the whole line include both soltekkaman, evil, blade,blade plus and rapier from what i found.

its not that old.

I still need to post pics of my renewal VF-25G that I received today. I also just bought a Yamato 1/60 VF-1D Virgin Road, the remaining Valkyrie to complete my Yamato 1/60 VF-1 collection. So happy.

Edited by sh9000

Thanks guys! Yeah I'm quite the caffeine addict. :)

One thing I dislike whenever I open up a new Bandai valkyrie is the often poor packaging and/or transformation. Luckily no paint loss this time, but many a valkyrie I've bought has had paint scraped off due to being poorly packaged.

post-5703-0-76272900-1441311571_thumb.jpg

HLJ PW arrived ^_^

*snip*

Congrats anubis! ;)

nice! @anubis & Lolicon

gee I reeeaaalllyyy hope my Zero-A arrives today! :unsure: im busting for it like a kid on Xmas morning! :D

Me too. I keep on refreshing my office email just in case they already send a notice that my package arrived in the mailroom. ^_^

By the way, it's Christmas this September. :lol: