Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Thanks guys ... I got really luckily, the VF-25S + armor was $300 on eBay, which is less than some are selling just the armor for so I couldn't pass it up.

I went from thinking I wasn't sure if I wanted one VF-25S to now thinking I need to get a third to have all 3 types (stock, armor, super) and show off all 3 modes ... yes, that's the addiction talking :D

Now you need to get 4 VF-25Fs, so you can show Alto in stock, super, armored, and tornado!

Or maybe 12, so you can show each one in all three modes!!!!!

😃. It's a sickness. This might be my own personal insanity. But if I ever win Powerball...

--G

P.S. I covet Ozma's armor. Alto's looks nice. Ozma's looks awesome!

Edited by Goobermunch

You need at least 3 so you can display it with super packs as well. :)

Personally I would love to have 3 but I have other kitted up in Supers so I'll just leave at least one Ozma in Armors.. I really love the look of Ozma's 25 clean in fighter mode though!

I belong to the same club. Even super parts wont cut it for me

The Supers are a good thing but yeah the Armors are better! :D

Armored VF-25S Ozma ver. love :)

13964414934_89a21bf493_h.jpg

After looking at these photos, I am going to reshoot them.

Mate these photos are fantastic as they are but im not going to talk you out of taking some freshies! Can't wait to see them! :)

My haul for the week! The 25S armored parts arrived 20 minutes ago, so I'm just in time to join the armored fun. :lol:

With the 25S armored parts, I've finally completed my 25-series collection (all valks and the appropriate super/armored parts for each one), woohoo! Now I just need to find a place to display them all, haha.

004.jpg

Impressive haul my friend! Good to see you reached a collection milestone! Im sure I speak for all here when I say we're looking forward to seeing photos! B))

So I recentley got My first frontier figure and I'm so happy with it. Man what a great toy Alto's VF-25F 1/60 Renewal. I did an edited pic of it as well. I've already made my next purchase for the renewal line.

image.jpg

Very nice pics! And a fine specimen to begin your Frontier collection! Welcome aboard! ^_^

Now you need to get 4 VF-25Fs, so you can show Alto in stock, super, armored, and tornado!

. It's a sickness. This might be my own personal insanity. But if I ever win Powerball...

--G

mate there is nothing wrong with having huge quantities of Valkyries! :D its just the $$$$$ value which is the killer! :wacko::lol:

So I recentley got My first frontier figure and I'm so happy with it. Man what a great toy Alto's VF-25F 1/60 Renewal. I did an edited pic of it as well. I've already made my next purchase for the renewal line.

Congrats and excellent choice! The VF-25 is a great start. My start was a V1 Yamato VF-1A brownie (which I hope to replace with a Yamato v2 soon).

While I'm not a huge fan of the VF-25, I still have the Alto, and want the Luca, Michael, and Ozma valks with their respective armors (Ozma in armor, supers for Alto and Michael, and Supers and Ghosts for Luca). It's mostly because I want the SMS skull team, and I also want a CF VF-25A brownie. It's less a VF-25 thing, and more a I like the Bandai DX line of Macross toys, thing.

My favorites are without a doubt the VF-19's, I have a 19F/S/P on my to get list, and I already have an F. I just got the VF-19Advance last week, and I am supremely happy with it, if you're a Macross Plus Fan, you should get it, because it beat the Yamato offering, and it's Better priced than the Arcadia. Though it's a frontier era valk toy, it would be pretty easy to customize it into a proper YF-19, with some paint and decals, I have a Yammie, so I don't need to do that...

Good luck with the rest of your Macross toy collecting adventure, and we look forward to seeing pics.

I'd kind of like an MP-03 Starscream, or one of the other seekers in that mold. Then do a Yamato v2 VF-1S in Jetfire colors for some G1 fun...

im 99% certain I have seen this actually done with an assembly kit! but can't remember where I saw it..

That is awesome! Great haul, too. I still need a g.

Nice haul ... I never played Macross 30, but all these posts make me want to pick up a YF-29B

Epic shots, Saburo!

Epic haul, Keiichi!

Impressive haul my friend! Good to see you reached a collection milestone! Im sure I speak for all here when I say we're looking forward to seeing photos! B))

Thanks for the kind words all!

@ChaoticYeti, yeah, getting the 25G for a cheap price was definitely one of my luckier scores. Though the savings I made there were mostly used up on the 25S armor. :lol:

@akteon, I've never played Macross 30 either, but knowing that the YF-30 and YF-29B are rival valks in the game makes them auto-awesome in my book. :lol: The blues used for the YF-29B are especially attractive in-hand, so it's definitely a worthy addition to any collection.

@spanner76, haha, well, considering my cheapo camera and my photography skills (or lack thereof), I'll probably leave most photos to the professionals like Saburo. :lol:

Grats on the valk, and that edited pic is awesome!

Finally got MP-10 back in my collection.

Til all are one!

*snip*

Great set-up, love that pose on Optimus!

@spanner76, haha, well, considering my cheapo camera and my photography skills (or lack thereof), I'll probably leave most photos to the professionals like Saburo. :lol:

Well the guy is bloody good at what he does! ^_^ what more could be said..

Edited by spanner76

My haul for the week! The 25S armored parts arrived 20 minutes ago, so I'm just in time to join the armored fun. :lol:

With the 25S armored parts, I've finally completed my 25-series collection (all valks and the appropriate super/armored parts for each one), woohoo! Now I just need to find a place to display them all, haha.

attachicon.gif004.jpg

Congrats! The armored parts take the VF-25 to Badass levels. :)

Problem with the 29 is, they never made a CF version. I don't think the B counts.

Saburo, are you getting a 27 Grace? Hopefully you'll take many tasty pics!

Yes sir! Just waiting for her to arrive and I'll be reshooting my shots of the VF-27 Brera and new shots of the Grace. :D

Epic shots, Saburo!

Epic haul, Keiichi!

Thanks abbadon!

That is a great pic! Welcome to the Frontier line. :D

. It's a sickness. This might be my own personal insanity. But if I ever win Powerball...

--G

I like how you think. :D

Mate these photos are fantastic as they are but im not going to talk you out of taking some freshies! Can't wait to see them! :)

Haha! I had already convinced myself a while back, its just getting started on the new shots is the hard part. ;) It will start with VF-27 Brera. This was so much easier when my collection was small.

Finally got MP-10 back in my collection.

Til all are one!

Nice MP10! I really like the MP10, but I will not buy one because I don't want to start collection Masterpiece TFs. 3P combiners is bad enough + Valks. :blink:

Thanks for the kind words all!

Any photo is a good photo in my book also the forum would be boring without photos. So post your pics, it always nice to see pics of Valks. The more photos you shoot, the more your photography skills will improve. :)

Well the guy is bloody good at what he does! ^_^ what more could be said..

Thanks spanner! If I ever need a PR guy, I'll be hiring you. :lol:

I feel you sab.

Great pics as always btw :D

Thanks Gakken! I have been able to shoot an MP10 and it is an awesome figure. In fact I have MP Optimus, Ultra Magus and Grimlock here in my apartment. They are on loan to me for a photoshoot.

Here's some 3P combiner love. :)

Megatron and his 2 minions.

20020758013_0dd96979c1_h.jpg

The Beastie Bots. :lol: (I know dumb joke)

20635793412_ea60e4e96e_h.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thanks Gakken! I have been able to shoot an MP10 and it is an awesome figure. In fact I have MP Optimus, Ultra Magus and Grimlock here in my apartment. They are on loan to me for a photoshoot.

Here's some 3P combiner love. :)

Megatron and his 2 minions.

20020758013_0dd96979c1_h.jpg

The Beastie Bots. :lol: (I know dumb joke)

20635793412_ea60e4e96e_h.jpg

wow! who are these guys? they look like abominable predators on the loose.

Actually purchased this guy some time ago, but when I initially got him, I thought he looked terrible and kept him boxed up. Turns out Robocop only looks good when properly illuminated, like in the movie. :)

post-5703-0-46001400-1439820685_thumb.jpg

Out of the box, he looks flat and crappy, like this:

post-5703-0-05619600-1439820633_thumb.jpg

got a couple thngs lately, just gonna add this for the moment.

post-30636-0-90968100-1439852206_thumb.jpg

Bandai Figure Arts Zero Dragonball Super Saiya 3Goku

post-30636-0-79191900-1439852241_thumb.jpg

Megahouse Excellent Model Saint Seiya Pegasus Seiya

They look quite menacing! What brand are they and if you don't mind me asking how much were they? My son is still interested in getting a Godzilla figure of some sorts..

These are Bandai Tamashii Nations S.H. Monsterarts Godzilla figures.

The one I got today was the original with purple Spikes. You still can get the special color version on BBTS , Amazon, or ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/361329413388?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by dapro

Nice pickups everyone!

@dapro the 2000 Godzilla is my favorite one of the line. I just did a photoshoot with one and the 1996 Gamera. :D

You have to share it. :p

I've been wanting to get a MonsterArts Godzilla for years now but none of the previous versions really connected with me... Until I saw this one.

tOFNRBN.jpg

bpsnSPh.jpg

Now this is the Godzilla from my youth! He's the only one capable of the flying dropkick attack!

I've been wanting to get a MonsterArts Godzilla for years now but none of the previous versions really connected with me... Until I saw this one.

Now this is the Godzilla from my youth! He's the only one capable of the flying dropkick attack!

That is the deadliest move in his arsenal of attacks. :D