Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

I've check the individual and combined review of the toy. I would say it is really worth the price though the pricing is beyond what I can spend.

Each of the figs is nice, they keep their G1 lineage. The combined mode is really nice, there is a ton of detail but it makes it look really busy. Also its really tall, about 18" to the top of arm (Blast off).

who is this? he looks brutal and combat ready.

Brutal and combat ready... A good name would be Bruticon or Bruticus? Bruticus is its. :D

I know it's the combaticons which together form Bruticus. I had the old school G1 set of this, and it was always one of my favs.

As a kid the only G1 combiner I had was Devastator. I was jealous of my friend who had all of the combiners and pretty much all of the transformers. He was nice and let us play with them.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i posted this in the TF thread when i picked him up about 2 months ago.

IMG_2370_zpsgylypcz2.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Bruticus and Metroplex! NICE! :D

not as nice as yours!

btw, do you own the titan class metroplex? just wondering how tall is that compared to your 3p combiner pictured above.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I know it's the combaticons which together form Bruticus. I had the old school G1 set of this, and it was always one of my favs.

yeah, that's is my favorite combiner of all time. i'm still trying to collect g1 stuff aside from macross

I'm still super stoked about my VF-19Advance, and I'm still waiting on my VF-19 master file book. I want it to be the Spring semester so I can take Japanese... Hopefully this book will give me the incentive to study hard so that one day I'll be able to read it...

not as nice as yours!

btw, do you own the titan class metroplex? just wondering how tall is that compared to your 3p combiner pictured above.

Yep I do have a Titan Class Metroplex, he's standing on my at my desk at work (on the left). As for the height of the 3P Bruticus, I think he's just under Metroplex's chest.

post-23462-0-37736000-1439331814_thumb.jpg

I'm still super stoked about my VF-19Advance, and I'm still waiting on my VF-19 master file book. I want it to be the Spring semester so I can take Japanese... Hopefully this book will give me the incentive to study hard so that one day I'll be able to read it...

Congrats on the VF-19 and hopefully the Master file book arrives soon. I took Japanese in college and I am really rusty now, because I barely used it and didn't keep up with it. :(

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yep I do have a Titan Class Metroplex, he's standing on my at my desk at work (on the left). As for the height of the 3P Bruticus, I think he's just under Metroplex's chest.

attachicon.gifdesk_metroplex.jpg

metroplex holding up the center screen with one hand :o it's glued to his fingers!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Congrats on the VF-19 and hopefully the Master file book arrives soon. I took Japanese in college and I am really rusty now, because I barely used it and didn't keep up with it. :(

Thanks! I hope it arrives soon too. I've got the first semester under my belt, but that was 5 years ago. I still kinda remember my grammar, but my vocabulary and my writing skills are very rusty. I need to study up if I'm going to do well in the second semester. I have confidence I'll do well, languages come fairly easy to me.

I guess this is Macross and toy related.. I managed to score a 6" Flighpose stand and two other Tamiya 1/72 display stands from a guy locally for $16! Which essentially makes the Flightpose stand only $5.33! Laughing! :D

The Tamiya stands won't work at all for any of my Valkyries but I do have a few unassembled 1/72 Tamiya jets which im sure will work well with!

Edited by spanner76

Sweet work pc setup Saburo! :)

Thank you, my setup at home is very similar to this, just I have a desktop at home rather than a laptop.

metroplex holding up the center screen with one hand :o it's glued to his fingers!

:lol: He makes sure I am working.

Finally broke down and started buying some Frontier valks (yeh I know I'm late to the game) ...

Now that's the way to get into Frontier Valks! Ozmas with Armored and Super parts! :D

Edited by Saburo

Finally broke down and started buying some Frontier valks (yeh I know I'm late to the game) ...

ozma_arrivals.jpg

Better late than never! And! You choose very well for your first dip in the Frontier pond of riches! They will look awesome on display all kitted up in their super and armor parts! :) well done!

Thanks guys ... I got really luckily, the VF-25S + armor was $300 on eBay, which is less than some are selling just the armor for so I couldn't pass it up.

I went from thinking I wasn't sure if I wanted one VF-25S to now thinking I need to get a third to have all 3 types (stock, armor, super) and show off all 3 modes ... yes, that's the addiction talking :D

Thanks guys ... I got really luckily, the VF-25S + armor was $300 on eBay, which is less than some are selling just the armor for so I couldn't pass it up.

I went from thinking I wasn't sure if I wanted one VF-25S to now thinking I need to get a third to have all 3 types (stock, armor, super) and show off all 3 modes ... yes, that's the addiction talking :D

that is a fantastic price! well done on scoring that deal! sheesh! I paid $300 for just the armor parts alone! :o:wacko:

I'm not into the 25S, but only because I cannot afford the armor. If it was available for a good price, I'd be all over it. So, super jealous of your purchase!

yeah! the VF-25S is pretty sweet suited up with Armors! :D Just how bad ass does this b!tch look! B))

20150815_170830.jpg

Edited by spanner76

My haul for the week! The 25S armored parts arrived 20 minutes ago, so I'm just in time to join the armored fun. :lol:

With the 25S armored parts, I've finally completed my 25-series collection (all valks and the appropriate super/armored parts for each one), woohoo! Now I just need to find a place to display them all, haha.

post-197-0-06854300-1439666324_thumb.jpg

Problem with the 29 is, they never made a CF version. I don't think the B counts.

Saburo, are you getting a 27 Grace? Hopefully you'll take many tasty pics!