Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Postman dropped this couple hours ago.

Damn, I just waited all my childhood to put my hands in one of these. It is finally here.

post-781-0-92214900-1437174186_thumb.jpg

Can't wait to open it!

Edited by Froy

I too received my MP-10, and he's pretty damn great, he was worth the wait. In fact, Optimus was so great I decided he needed some allies, so I went a bit overboard and grabbed a few MP cars too. Optimus came with my Figma Snake as well, and he's quite unimpressive unfortunately.

post-12821-0-70687500-1437182196_thumb.jpg

Overall I'm very impressed, paint apps are pretty solid on every figure, a few misses here and there, the transformations are fun and intuitive, both forms look incredible on each figure. I've got MP Bluestreak, Smokescreen and Red Alert on the way now, Ironhide was announced so he's mine too, then the inevitable Ratchet re-paint/tool, plus a FanToys Wiilys/Hound...this is getting out of hand...

My Macross Collection since the VF-19....

The VF-19 is so good! I grabbed it 10 days ago, and now is my collection. Being a toy collector in Hong Kong is so happy!

Stay tuned!

Awesome room of toys!

Damn, I just waited all my childhood to put my hands in one of these. It is finally here.
Can't wait to open it!

Although I don't own an MP10 personally, I have had the chance to photograph a it. I am seriously thinking about getting one, but I don't want to start going down the collecting TF masterpieces route.

*snip* I decided he needed some allies, so I went a bit overboard and grabbed a few MP cars too.

*snip*

Nice, and also the main reason why I shouldn't get an MP10. :lol:

I got this from a Japan trip last week.

Great pickup!

This guy showed up at my door today.

You must be a super villain if Batman and Superman are showing up at your place. :lol:

I too received my MP-10, and he's pretty damn great, he was worth the wait. In fact, Optimus was so great I decided he needed some allies, so I went a bit overboard and grabbed a few MP cars too. Optimus came with my Figma Snake as well, and he's quite unimpressive unfortunately.

*snip*

Overall I'm very impressed, paint apps are pretty solid on every figure, a few misses here and there, the transformations are fun and intuitive, both forms look incredible on each figure. I've got MP Bluestreak, Smokescreen and Red Alert on the way now, Ironhide was announced so he's mine too, then the inevitable Ratchet re-paint/tool, plus a FanToys Wiilys/Hound...this is getting out of hand...

Great haul. Sadly MP Convoy and Streak are the best toys in the line and every other release has been a slight downfall with MP Starsaber being the worst collectible of the whole Masterpiece imho. To its credit Starsaber is a great toy.

Enjoy MP-10 it is always a joy to look at and to play with.

I just started collecting Macross toys but I'm mainly like the 1/55 versions these are my first couple of trades and purchases . I got these in through out the week. I have been a vintage transformers collector for a while now so this is new to me. Hopefully I can keep buying more.

post-30722-0-90012300-1437231412_thumb.jpg

post-30722-0-40103900-1437231462_thumb.jpg

post-30722-0-43776000-1437231543_thumb.jpg

Even though I'd most likely never collect any of the super hero figures but those are mighty impressive! Their facial sculpting is amazing! Looks so accurate! The Batman figure could almost pass as an actual photo of Michael Keaton all suited up!

Edited by spanner76

Even though I'd most likely never collect any of the super hero figures but those are mighty impressive! Their facial sculpting is amazing! Looks so accurate! The Batman figure could almost pass as an actual photo of Michael Keaton all suited up!

This hot toys line is too expensive. I am just getting couple I really like and get out. But you know about collecting, once it starts can be down hill from there at least on your wallet.

Edited by dapro

My problem with Hot Toys is that the "playability" isn't really up to snuff and neither is the quality.

You can't really do dynamic poses... you bend the arms and the legs a bit and that's it, not to mention how restrictive the costumes are.

So it's a conundrum for me. They look pretty good, though I'd say most of the face sculpts are hit or miss, and I used to think HT was better than a statue... but not so much anymore.

You're really paying for a decent sculpt and the clothing.

Then the quality isn't that great.

Some of the mech and suit stuff is good and has great detail, but it's really fragile, and you can't really pose it.

It's expensive.. but the value isn't there for me. They don't push the development of new articulation enough, and they release a new version every six months, usually slightly better than the old on in sculpt.

I just didn't enjoy collecting HT's or owning them. I never picked them up and I felt instantly bored with them.

Well i would, if the seller pay for shipping it back, since the maid accepted in and is delivered.

I kinda doubt it since the shipping cost was around half the price of the package cause the size/weight of the box, so its up to the seller. Its a bummer south america postal services are way too expensive.

Really? Half of the product is almost the shipping price. Wow. :blink:

Can't wait to open it!

I always dreamed of having one. But I know for sure that once I did get him, I will start buying the rest of the TF MP figures. Though I already have MP Hot Rodimus. ;)

I got this from a Japan trip last week.

Great hauls. ;)

This guy showed up at my door today.

Nice. We both have the World's Finest duo. Any plans also on getting the upcoming 'Returns' version? ^_^

I just started collecting Macross toys but I'm mainly like the 1/55 versions these are my first couple of trades and purchases . I got these in through out the week. I have been a vintage transformers collector for a while now so this is new to me. Hopefully I can keep buying more.

Welcome aboard and great start, Shermantank. ;)

This hot toys line is too expensive. I am just getting couple I really like and get out. But you know about collecting, once it starts can be down hill from there at least on your wallet.

True. True. And true. :lol: So I guess, no Hulkbuster for you then, eh? ;)

My problem with Hot Toys is that the "playability" isn't really up to snuff and neither is the quality.

You can't really do dynamic poses... you bend the arms and the legs a bit and that's it, not to mention how restrictive the costumes are.

So it's a conundrum for me. They look pretty good, though I'd say most of the face sculpts are hit or miss, and I used to think HT was better than a statue... but not so much anymore.

You're really paying for a decent sculpt and the clothing.

Then the quality isn't that great.

Some of the mech and suit stuff is good and has great detail, but it's really fragile, and you can't really pose it.

It's expensive.. but the value isn't there for me. They don't push the development of new articulation enough, and they release a new version every six months, usually slightly better than the old on in sculpt.

I just didn't enjoy collecting HT's or owning them. I never picked them up and I felt instantly bored with them.

Same sentiments here. ;) That's why sometimes, I thought of selling my Hot Toys stuff and just get some Kotobukiya statues or those released by Sideshow Preimum Formats statues. Anyways, that's why I just select and pick which Hot Toys figures to buy. :rolleyes:

Many packages will be coming during this week, i got this today:

I also got this VF-171 this nightmare plus from nippon-yassan, they kinda screwed me, in the product page it said it was an PLUS EX, but it isnt. I already sent a ticket to deal with this, hopefuly we will work this out.

post-30636-0-61946400-1437460280_thumb.jpg

post-30636-0-20316000-1437460308_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr Bomber

I also got this VF-171 this nightmare plus from nippon-yassan, they kinda screwed me, in the product page it said it was an PLUS EX, but it isnt. I already sent a ticket to deal with this, hopefuly we will work this out.

Is the Mass Production 171 has quality problem?

Didnt the page have pictures? Or did it show the Ex? That really sucks.

Edited by Roanstalker

Didnt the page have pictures? Or did it show the Ex? That really sucks.

It had pictures, but the title said PLUS EX and didnt had the box art to verify which it was. also the pictures showed a dark blue paint job, when the box shows a dark greenish paint job. here is the link.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/4449-macross-f-dx-chogokin-vf-171ex-nightmare-plus-ex-regular.html

It had pictures, but the title said PLUS EX and didnt had the box art to verify which it was. also the pictures showed a dark blue paint job, when the box shows a dark greenish paint job. here is the link.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/4449-macross-f-dx-chogokin-vf-171ex-nightmare-plus-ex-regular.html

Actually, that's the Cannon Fodder ones. Even if they have a wrong title, they did show a photo on it. And since there were just two VF-171 releases prior the 3rd one which is the Maruyama version, this is the blue/green photo-confusing cannon fodders.

This is Alto's VF-171Ex page over at NY: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/1688-dx-chogokin-macross-f-frontier-vf-171ex-nightmare-plus-ex-saotome-alto-custom.html

Which is also Plus Ex on their product page title. Anyways, good luck. Let us know what's NY response on it.

It surprisingly is, despite its simplicity hehe. I wish I had a nice photo setup so I could take nice pictures like you do :)

Grendizer is Iconic and its simplicity is what makes it awesome. From the looks of it you have good setup for photos, with some better lighting, you'll be set. :)

I have some photos I took of some Grendizers.

Edited by Saburo

Actually, that's the Cannon Fodder ones. Even if they have a wrong title, they did show a photo on it. And since there were just two VF-171 releases prior the 3rd one which is the Maruyama version, this is the blue/green photo-confusing cannon fodders.

This is Alto's VF-171Ex page over at NY: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/1688-dx-chogokin-macross-f-frontier-vf-171ex-nightmare-plus-ex-saotome-alto-custom.html

Which is also Plus Ex on their product page title. Anyways, good luck. Let us know what's NY response on it.

Thats pretty much what they respond to me, so i guess im stuck with it.

Now i got another problem. I opened it to inspect it it came with this scratches all over the plane.

post-30636-0-92199700-1437576903_thumb.jpg

There is a crack between the legs, like something was being yanked with a tool or something

post-30636-0-56104000-1437576901_thumb.jpg

scratches alog the wing, like it was used. everything is packed in its original state, but the valk itself is full with this scratches.

was this normal on the cannon fooder release?

post-30636-0-52043600-1437576891_thumb.jpg

post-30636-0-95200300-1437576894_thumb.jpg

post-30636-0-14383300-1437576897_thumb.jpg

post-30636-0-37686700-1437576899_thumb.jpg

I don't recall having that many scuffs on mine, but I think my wing had a small one out of the box. Pretty minor though and not really noticeable unless I look closely.

But trust me, if your triangles are still doing fine (and it looks like they are), then consider yourself lucky in terms of QC. Some people have reported that broken out of the box, and a lot have had theirs crumble over time.