Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Just got a yamato VF-11C from buyee for 240 dollars ( including fees and internal shipping).... I think it has no box...but i think is a good deal......whats your opinion?

Regards.

Well hey if no box isn't an issue to you and the Valk itself is prefect then you're laughing! The 11c ask a premium these days and i haven't seen any under the $300 price point. $240 is great especially for a buyee auction including double shipping and fees! Nice catch mate! :) Edited by spanner76

Just got a yamato VF-11C from buyee for 240 dollars ( including fees and internal shipping).... I think it has no box...but i think is a good deal......whats your opinion?

Regards.

Sounds about right....loose collectibles tend to lose anywhere between 30-50% of current market value...the VF-11C commands about $400+ for MISB (after proxy fees and shipping)...

Welcome to the VF-11C owners club......

It's funny, the VF-11C was a shelf warmer for the longest time.....market price-wise it is now the king of the cannon fodders!!! :)

Now I have to wait for international shipping fees.....I think 30 dollars maximum. ..still a good deal I think.

also I bought a 17D....I really want this 2 to complete the M7 line from Yamato.

Got in the VF-11B earlier this week! I never thought it would happen, but I've finally completed the 1/60 Macross Plus series; seeing them all together in my collection brings a tear of joy to my eye... ;_;

post-197-0-26899900-1431193768_thumb.jpg

Finally acquired a YF-21, fast pack will be coming from Japan with the final valks from this macross splurge. BTW i find it odd that the manual didnt come taped to the back as its common with yamato stuff. Was this just mine or all of them were like that on the reissue?

*snip*

Grats on the YF-21, anubis! When you get your FAST packs though, I would strongly advise considering leaving the arm/tail packs off. My YF-21 arrived with FAST packs attached, but I think the 21 looks best nude :D (you also need to have the arm packs off in order to transform), so last night I finally went to take them off for the first time. Belly plates came off easily enough, but man, removing the arm packs had me sweating bullets!

That's Jim Raynor from Starcraft 2. Iron Man movie stole Starcraft armor up sequence in their movie. The armor actually lights up.

https://youtu.be/xA9hQx-SJ5Y

Are you planning to buy the Tychus? I think they look great but there is no place for such a figure in my collection. Figma or S.H.Figuarts Starcraft toys would be right up my alley. :D

Are you planning to buy the Tychus? I think they look great but there is no place for such a figure in my collection. Figma or S.H.Figuarts Starcraft toys would be right up my alley. :D

I wanted to but maybe I'll get him later. I would love if they can come up with the other characters like ghost Kerrigan or Nova and Zeratul.

Light up and let's burn some zergs.

11150728_10152925637392861_299654983260111209356_10152925637387861_740334711183011187282_10152925637407861_3288885144429

Well hey if no box isn't an issue to you and the Valk itself is prefect then you're laughing! The 11c ask a premium these days and i haven't seen any under the $300 price point. $240 is great especially for a buyee auction including double shipping and fees! Nice catch mate! :)

Whoa whoa whoa... Did I read that right? Back in the day I got mine for around $200 it was the most expensive Valk I had Purchased up to that point, and now they go for 300 or more?

Edited by Valkyrie Driver

This landed today, B grade from Jungle. Box is slightly damaged from when it has been opened before but the armour is perfect.

Looks so badass on the valkyrie!

Only worry was they declared it as 2k jpy for customs, good news no VAT or duty worrying if it had gone missing

post-30426-0-31904600-1431366529_thumb.jpg

post-30426-0-68713500-1431366616_thumb.jpg

Is that Ellie from the Last of Us? B))

Yup. Custom sculpted head by Kai Studio and it was their last piece. I am waiting for the blue jeans and black converse sneakers. The body is a modified Play Toy figure. The big ass and boobs have been removed and the legs shortened. Joel will be next. Iminime used to sell a set of Joel and Ellie for $900.

Got this guy from JUNGLE today. Looked brand new with the tape on the landing gear doors and on the tip of the wings. Sadly out of the box i was greeted with cracked shoulders. Anyone ever dealt with jungle in one of these cases?

601B87AF-F913-4653-A27E-D3084894A60D.jpg

0D5E982C-C5BA-40F6-9EFB-2A9CC1CBEEF7.jpg

047B7900-2DF3-4042-8A99-5E64EEA6D50D.jpg

Currently sitting in the medical bay having its shoulders repaired. :D

F8E33660-5A24-4D30-BD4B-40C499B2CE03.jpg

I got a Super Ostrich marked... A- I think? And it had cracked shoulders.

Honestly I don't think Jungle checks or cares. I think they only look at box ware and if it's yellowed or not. They might not even know about cracking shoulders, or want to know - so buyer beware.

I think they offered to have me return it on my dime for a refund, but that's it.

I just kept it and got legit replacements.

Probably won't buy anything from Jungle again - not because Super Ostrich v2's will all have cracked shoulders eventually, but because they don't inspect stuff - so who knows what you're getting. Their grading system is pointless. Throw that in with their padded shipping costs and it's not worth it. It's sad too because they were pretty solid a few years back on their pricing.

Edited by Gakken85

That's probably as new as you can possibly get one of the first edition strike Roys, sounds like it was never removed from the box at all. Grats on a good find, though sorry you got hit with the broken shoulders 6 years after the fact.

It would be nice if the shapeways replacements came in a matching color of plastic, but at the very least, those problems are not terribly hard to repair, even without using brand new parts.

@Anubis20 nice pickup mate! Pity about the shonky shoulder joints.. good you could repair them though!

I've made quite a few orders now through Jungle and its been pretty good and consistent actually. The only issue i had was an item marked sealed which it clearly wasn't but the Valk itself was mint. Dont think there has been any other issues. But i guess buying from any place that on sells 2nd hand items you always run the risk of something not being 100% or what you fully expect. I have had the odd annoyence buying things from Mandarake which are meant to be very fastidious with what they chose to sell so the potential for issues is not localized to any one particular seller..

Either way they are both pretty fantastic and most of us couldn't support our Macross collection without them! :)

Anubis20, you had a replacement shoulder hinges handy or something? I guess its good to have spares...

Edited by dapro

This landed today, B grade from Jungle. Box is slightly damaged from when it has been opened before but the armour is perfect.

Looks so badass on the valkyrie!

Only worry was they declared it as 2k jpy for customs, good news no VAT or duty worrying if it had gone missing

attachicon.gif20150511_183807.jpg

attachicon.gif20150511_184129.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, how much did that set you back? I got Alto's for about $300 around Christmas (Amazon.com). Don't have Ozma yet, and am curious how small my chances of getting his armor are....

Haven't we learned anything from this? I'm not saying don't buy the risky releases (thank $deity for Veef's replacement shoulders on shapeways), just don't expect that their shoulders will be fine even if the toy is MIB.

Arcadia-VF-1J-30th-12.jpg

Edited by barurutor

Anubis20, you had a replacement shoulder hinges handy or something? I guess its good to have spares...

Well, i do have a replacement set of shoulders that came with my 1S Hikaru that i got from a member here. But i have yet to use those. Im saving them for when the shoulders crumble if ever. For these i knocked the pin out and then filled the crack with super glue. I let it dry and filed down the excess. I also filed the pin down, mainly the knurled part to prevent any more stress on the repaired area. So far ive done the same procedure on my 1J and 1S Hikaru and they have held up.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Haven't we learned anything from this? I'm not saying don't buy the risky releases (thank $deity for Veef's replacement shoulders on shapeways), just don't expect that their shoulders will be fine even if the toy is MIB.

Arcadia-VF-1J-30th-12.jpg

+1

Anubis20, i already shared with you over pm about the infamous cracked shoulders of the first vf-1s combo before you took that jungle plunge. Gak, it's a well known issue for 95% of brand new VT-1's. .

These were brand new cracked right out of the box. from HLJ which is why it was in the bargain bin for so long. it was a production issue at Yamato. I don't see how Jungle can be responsible at all. Yamato is long gone

Edited by davidwhangchoi

image_zpsrnegjm0a.jpg

image_zpsyoavmaed.jpg

This just came together yesterday. I need to do some work on one of my wings, but that will have to wait for the weekend, along with my new larger mantelpiece. The Tornado parts stick out so far behind the Valk that I am hesitant to leave it up there with its siblings.

--G