Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

I saw these limited edition 1:6 dolls, does anyone know anything about these figures?

too bad my celphone's battery went dead, didn't get any pics what inside. But it seems they are poseable figs with clothes...

20150408_192932_595_0_zpsepqzxxhu.jpg

20150408_192922_337_0_zps1x4hluut.jpg

DId you get a chance to peek what's inside? Does it look something like these?

Uniform - http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/hikaru-review/popbox-hikaru-review.htm

Space Suit - http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/hikaru-review/popbox-fshikaru-preview.htm

If so, that's made by Pop Box. Released in 2006 (Uniform) and 2007 (Space Suit). And that's the only one sixth scale figure that I know of Hikaru that's poseable and wears fabric. The rest one sixth scale are old PVC kits. But by looking at the box, it's probably a different one sixth scale figure. Unless it was repackaged?

Where did you get them?

The items are here in Japan. Theres a sticker in the box that says '2006 Wonfest'.

Are these dolls were only sold during the 2006 Wonfest? How limited are these?

I didn't bought them yet, still thinking if its worth to buy. But im considering to get one, ill be back probably tom to have a closer look.

DId you get a chance to peek what's inside? Does it look something like these?

Uniform - http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/hikaru-review/popbox-hikaru-review.htm

Space Suit - http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/hikaru-review/popbox-fshikaru-preview.htm

If so, that's made by Pop Box. Released in 2006 (Uniform) and 2007 (Space Suit). And that's the only one sixth scale figure that I know of Hikaru that's poseable and wears fabric. The rest one sixth scale are old PVC kits. But by looking at the box, it's probably a different one sixth scale figure. Unless it was repackaged?

I tried to open Roy Focker box and saw its a poseable fig and wears a fabric clothes. Unfortunately i wasnt able to inspect the item (and other items) because some store owners wont allow you to open their goods or take any pictures. Roy Focker wears a white fabric upper cloth but cant remember the color of his pants. And the head has a removable hair (saw roy was bald inside the plastic bag)

If these are repacked dolls for a 150usd, i think they are kinda pricey.

I see. Not sure if Pop Box ever released Roy's figure though. I assumed it's limited if it's just sold during the 'fest. Would it be nice if the store clerks/owners let you have a peek first before buying it. Atleast you have idea now what Pop Box figs looks like. If they're the same then it's a repackaged one for the 'fest. Need someone to confirm this since I'm just basing on what I know and what I saw online years ago. Hope that helps Garyboy. ^_^

post-5552-0-98338300-1428531264_thumb.jpg

I wonder why Hasbro didn't get Tulcas, the tank, from Dorvack. They already got Calibur as Roadbuster. Gazzette, the copter, as Whirl. If they do, then the whole Dorvack mechas are complete via TF toys. ;)

I see. Not sure if Pop Box ever released Roy's figure though. I assumed it's limited if it's just sold during the 'fest. Would it be nice if the store clerks/owners let you have a peek first before buying it. Atleast you have idea now what Pop Box figs looks like. If they're the same then it's a repackaged one for the 'fest. Need someone to confirm this since I'm just basing on what I know and what I saw online years ago. Hope that helps Garyboy. ^_^

attachicon.gifdisplay_2.jpg

Thanks mate for the link, helps a lot.

I have another feeling that these were custom made dolls sold in the event. Wonfest are known to showcase independent hobbyist for their works.

I really have to go back to the store and make sure my mobile phone is fully charged!!!

display_2.jpg

Thanks for the info and cool pic, Noel! Garyboy, I have a feeling that you're going to hunt down the whole set!

Thanks for the info and cool pic, Noel! Garyboy, I have a feeling that you're going to hunt down the whole set!

You're welcome bro. Glad to be of help. ^_^ I also don't think Garyboy will have a hard time getting the whole set. Because if those are the Pop Box figures, then it's just Hikaru figures in Normal and Flight suit. I'm not so sure that even Roy and Max has been released. But let's wait for confirmation on those from other members if those are true. ;)

Picked this up off of Yahoo Japan auctions, arrived yesterday. Needs a few parts from the Bandai POS, but I'm willing to sacrifice one of those kits for a much nicer YF-29!

post-12411-0-06529000-1428560612_thumb.jpg

Not Popbox....

WF 2006 exclusives as Garyboy indicated....

505.jpg

The Popbox are much better sculpts....but there is no other way to get a tv hikaru or DYRL Roy.....unless you build it yourself... ;)

There you go, guys! Thanks jvmacross for the clarification. I didn't know those are existed. ^_^ So they're bald or something. Did they come with the hair part?

Picked this up off of Yahoo Japan auctions, arrived yesterday. Needs a few parts from the Bandai POS, but I'm willing to sacrifice one of those kits for a much nicer YF-29!

attachicon.gif002.JPG

Congrats on your YF-29 resin kit. ;)

Not Popbox....

WF 2006 exclusives as Garyboy indicated....

505.jpg

The Popbox are much better sculpts....but there is no other way to get a tv hikaru or DYRL Roy.....unless you build it yourself... ;)

Thanks jvm! That Roy dyrl flight suit in Noel's pic looks really good (even if it's a lighter shade of blue lol). Wonder if cospa or some other company ever made a 1:1 costume?

attachicon.gif002.JPG

I wonder if Hasegawa can/will pick up the 29 in the future. How much are this WF exclusive usually sells out for?

Thanks for posting the pics, garyboy! Great quality pieces, though I'm not a fan of the hair sculpt for Hikaru. The hair in Noel's pic was spot on I think. Amazing craftsmanship on the uniforms!

Guest davidwhangchoi

These just arrived today minty fresh:

1/48 TV Kakizaki w hands set

1/60 Elintseeker

that's a great haul.

so here are the figs.....

*snip*

finally with the hair...

20150409_221110_244_zpsej3ktawq.jpg

Those are cool! Not as accurate but it looks cool. ;)

Thanks for posting the pics, garyboy! Great quality pieces, though I'm not a fan of the hair sculpt for Hikaru. The hair in Noel's pic was spot on I think. Amazing craftsmanship on the uniforms!

That's why I want to have those Pop Box as well, McFly. Esp the Flight Suit. The one that lights up the helmet. If I can't have a not-so-provocative Sheryl and Ranka, for sure I can get Hikaru, problem-free and excuse-free from the wifey. Hehehe. :lol: But probably later this year. ;)

These just arrived today minty fresh:

1/48 TV Kakizaki w hands set

1/60 Elintseeker

*snip*

Congrats dimension! Great hauls! ;)

The 1/48 TV Max arrives next week.

Left to collect is a VF-1D in 1/60 and 1/48 custom.

That's it IM DONE, lol.

Don't say YOU'RE DONE while browsing MacrossWorld. That's a big NO NO here. Hahaha! :D

Just kidding. ;)

Here are my reviews, sorry if I have a crappy english vocabulary skill.

1. The head is made out of resin and hand painted. The hair is a made out of rubberish material.

2. The bodies are made of generic 1:6 bodies, so i believe there will be no problem of finding accessories for it like hand or foot. But these were made on 2006, im not sure the availability of parts.

3. Hikaru's uniform are neatly done. Boots are made of plastic.

4. The space suits are well done too. It has a small switch at the bottom of their back packs, the LED lights are the chest. Dont know the lights work. I mean do they blink or just lights steady.

I never tried to open the plastic because the store attendant doesnt want to let it openned. But from what i saw the helmet can be worn/fit by the fig. It got also some extra hands.

The space suits are superb, but it has to be stored in a dry place. The fabric they used are like very soft synthetic soft leather. If not stored properly, dust and moisture will damage the material as it age.

2. The face are not accurately looks like with the tv/anime, i would rate it as 8/10.

Overall, for a collector these are a great items to have. Im not sure how many numbers are made, but sure these are rare to find.

Edited by garyboy_palaboy

I wonder if Hasegawa can/will pick up the 29 in the future. How much are this WF exclusive usually sells out for?

I think this one retailed a little over 10,000 yen. I picked it up for 17,000 on auction.

The same guy I bought it from has another. You can either buy it at the 18,500 price, or make him an offer using the blue button. It is a conversion kit, though you only need 6 or so parts off of a Bandai VF-25 kit to make it.

Here are my reviews, sorry if I have a crappy english vocabulary skill.

1. The head is made out of resin and hand painted. The hair is a made out of rubberish material.

2. The bodies are made of generic 1:6 bodies, so i believe there will be no problem of finding accessories for it like hand or foot. But these were made on 2006, im not sure the availability of parts.

3. Hikaru's uniform are neatly done. Boots are made of plastic.

4. The space suits are well done too. It has a small switch at the bottom of their back packs, the LED lights are the chest. Dont know the lights work. I mean do they blink or just lights steady.

I never tried to open the plastic because the store attendant doesnt want to let it openned. But from what i saw the helmet can be worn/fit by the fig. It got also some extra hands.

The space suits are superb, but it has to be stored in a dry place. The fabric they used are like very soft synthetic soft leather. If not stored properly, dust and moisture will damage the material as it age.

2. The face are not accurately looks like with the tv/anime, i would rate it as 8/10.

Overall, for a collector these are a great items to have. Im not sure how many numbers are made, but sure these are rare to find.

Thanks for the review, Garyboy. ;) How much was it again in US$ for each figs? Thanks.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i finally got a set of smoke effects missiles to go with a grey goggle stand alone. too lazy to post a pic... will try later.