Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

what? no valk in the picture :( great to see you posting Saburo :lol:

I could do another shoot with Yurisha and a Valk. ;)

Thanks, it been a busy past few months didn't have time to take photos also I haven't had anything Macross related delivered in a while, but that will change at the end of this month. I'll have some Valk photos when those arrive. :D

Its been a while since I had something delivered.

*snip*

Hmmm.. I wonder which Valk would go well with Yurisha!? ^_^

Nice pics Saburo! I'd say this one:

MinmayGuard-5.jpg

Hmmm.. I wonder which Valk would go well with Yurisha!? ^_^

I have some thoughts, but I'll leave it to everyone to make suggestions.

Nice pics Saburo! I'd say this one:

Thanks, that would be a perfect match up, but I wish I had that Valk.

Got my VF-19P today! Love the headsculpt on this guy!

I have to dedicate this to all of you that posted beautiful pics of the 19P in that recent thread and forced me to buy one. So to all you enablers:

9E1DFCC7-2291-4549-85A1-069DEDCC4CC1.jpg

i think i just fall in the same situation....now i waiting for the arrival of a 19P and a 19F (I think it was the last one in stock on HKcollectibles).

Honestly, They're both moody, brooding, pretty boys, but neither qualifies as emo, as they don't sit around proclaiming their issues, and feeling sorry for themselves...

Besides, as the toy has no blood, that which was shed was yours, thus negating the emo statement entirely.

I have some thoughts, but I'll leave it to everyone to make suggestions.

You know, if ever they release Riron's custom VF-27 Lucifer, that would be a perfect match for Yurisha...:-)

Well this morning I had my first transformation session with my VF 27 with super parts..... I will say admit there was blood drawn.....ouch....stupid emo Brera brat...

Still sure that the 27 is my favorite Frontier Valk! No drawn blood for me though.. then again I don't ever handle most of my Valks which automatically reduces the possibility of injury!

Great stuff guys.

Finally got a decent shot of my VF-0D

http://i.imgur.com/DuXawqZ.jpg

DuXawqZl.jpg

Nice angle Gakken! Makes good use of the more vertical space in a Detolf eh! Looks awesome! B))

Edited by spanner76

1:18 Hot Wheels Elite Ferrari "LaFerrari". Love it.

That is one fine looking model car Derex! Especially in the yellow! And for a Hotwheels too! I had a few Hotwheels 1:18 scale cars in the past but never thought they were quite up to the build and detail standard as AutoArt for example but this one looks pretty bloody good! I have been eyeballing a few other model cars lately and I might just have to add one of these to the list! And although the yellow does work I think for me it'd have to be red.. ^_^

Sweet car man! Too bad it doesn't transform :D

errr more like.. thankfully it doesn't! hehe! :p:D

I'm BACK! Hahaha! :lol:

Great purchases everyone! ;)

Anyways, I got these today. ^_^

IMG_0144_zpsarntccoc.jpg

Very nice pickups Noel! B))

@no3ljm: Warmachinerox!

Tony: "Hahaha! That... is... so much better than Iron Patriot." By the way, brouken, you forgot that it should be ALL CAPS. ;)

*snip*

Very nice pickups Noel! B))

Thanks spanner! :rolleyes:

*snip*

Nice purchases, no3ljm! Please do tell us what you think of the Orguss when you've had some time to play with it!

Thanks abbadon! I did post my initial reaction last night at the Orguss is Back thread. Hope that helps. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

That is one fine looking model car Derex! Especially in the yellow! And for a Hotwheels too! I had a few Hotwheels 1:18 scale cars in the past but never thought they were quite up to the build and detail standard as AutoArt for example but this one looks pretty bloody good! I have been eyeballing a few other model cars lately and I might just have to add one of these to the list! And although the yellow does work I think for me it'd have to be red.. ^_^

The Hot Wheels Elite are all pretty darn good. The 599 GTO was and still is my favorite. Last couple of years they had MSRP of well under $100 shipped. That was a deal. The new stuff is around $140ish. Kinda on the edge of not worth it unless you really like the car. AutoArt is of course better..but twice the price..or more!

Edited by derex3592

The Hot Wheels Elite are all pretty darn good. The 599 GTO was and still is my favorite. Last couple of years they had MSRP of well under $100 shipped. That was a deal. The new stuff is around $140ish. Kinda on the edge of not worth it unless you really like the car. AutoArt is of course better..but twice the price..or more!

yeah most AA are more expensive but not necessarily always better sadly. I was quite disappointed by their Signature Series Aventador..

Sadly, Hot Wheels lost the license to produce Ferrari die cast 1/18 replicas; and instead of awarding the license back to Kyosho, or to AutoArt or Minichamps, Scudaria Ferrari decided to go with Maisto/Bburago... what were they thinking? Maisto and Bburago have never produced anything of satisfying quality to a serious collector. Hot Wheels Elite series are a very good value. I have their F-430 -- fantastic, their F-458 Italia -- excellent, and La Ferrari -- I find it a step back from the other two in terms of quality and execution, but still pretty damn good; none of them are as good as my AutoArts, but then, none of them cost north of $150, either. So, in the foreseeable future, Ferrari 1/18 collectors will have to settle for crude and cheap, and toyish looking offerings from the new licensees, or track down out-of-production Elite and Kyosho (I have Kyosho's F-40 Lightweight and Testarossa, both are sublime)... while Lamborghini, Bugatti, McLaren, etc. have AutoArt and other high-end companies handling their properties' 1/18 representations -- at least in part, Ferrari decided to go low-rent. <_<

Edited by mechaninac

Sadly, Hot Wheels lost the license to produce Ferrari die cast 1/18 replicas; and instead of awarding the license back to Kyosho, or to AutoArt or Minichamps, Scudaria Ferrari decided to go with Maisto/Bburago... what were they thinking? Maisto and Bburago have never produced anything of satisfying quality to a serious collector. Hot Wheels Elite series are a very good value. I have their F-430 -- fantastic, their F-458 Italia -- excellent, and La Ferrari -- I find it a step back from the other two in terms of quality and execution, but still pretty damn good; none of them are as good as my AutoArts, but then, none of them cost north of $150, either. So, in the foreseeable future, Ferrari 1/18 collectors will have to settle for crude and cheap, and toyish looking offerings from the new licensees, or track down out-of-production Elite and Kyosho (I have Kyosho's F-40 Lightweight and Testarossa, both are sublime)... while Lamborghini, Bugatti, McLaren, etc. have AutoArt and other high-end companies handling their properties' 1/18 representations -- at least in part, Ferrari decided to go low-rent. <_<

I did not know this, thanks.

I used to collect the 1:18 Ferrari F1 cars mainly during the MS years but I was never that impressed with Hot Wheels. Then one year all of a sudden (it seemed) the prices tripled with no discernible increase in quality. That's when I stopped buying them. :(