Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Thanks Spanner and David!

I did a quick search online and found that the Macross Quarter is 139 meters longer than the Yamato. The Quarter is 472 meters long and the Yamato is 333 meters long. So scale wise, the DX Quarter should be at least a third longer than the SOC Yamato. :lol:

Thanks Abbadon! :)

I haven't posted in a bit, pretty busy lately, I started a new job right after the New Year so I've been swamped. I've had four packages sitting unopened for a few days now, the latest one arriving last Friday, I figured it was time to open some stuff up.

post-12821-0-07364100-1427237134_thumb.jpg

Right off the bat I'm super impressed by Legacy Tigerzord, Broly is insane, and I should've bought MonsterArts Mothra long ago, she cost me more then I wanted to pay, but when you've already got Battra what other option is there? I've still got a lot to open, I'm excited to check out Blue Beet and Guyver!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Glad I could clarify. I have a Metal Build Exia Repair III, which includes the weapons and shield which are the weapon+ pack for the Avalanche. The only thing I am missing is the GN Sword mounting bracket. $400 is too way too much to get a piece of plastic.

The next Metal Build release is the Gundam Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Mina. I don't care for it so I will not be picking up.

Yes, those LED sets sold out quickly and go for premium now.

Its like collecting Valks, I wonder if they sell out in seconds... LOL

hey saburo, after this convo i started looking into metal builds and got a few after selling some of my macross F stuff. i posted it in the gundam figure thread. thanks for getting me interested with your avalanche pics

You should get the Arcadia from Harlock to go with those two :D

I still think Bandai should designate the ships different from the chogokin line itself though.

I was really tempted to get the Arcadia, but I'm not really a big fan of Galaxy Express 999 (though it blew me away when I first watched it as a kid). Agreed with the nomenclature change for Bandai's line of ships. They should call it "Soul of Senkan" and start making more iconic ships like the White Base, Argama, Nahel Argama, Battle 7, Battle Frontier and Battle Galaxy, and even their own version of the SDF-1, both TV and DYRL versions (since Arcadia does not seem to have any plans to re-issue the Yamato version as of yet).

Right off the bat I'm super impressed by Legacy Tigerzord, Broly is insane, and I should've bought MonsterArts Mothra long ago, she cost me more then I wanted to pay, but when you've already got Battra what other option is there? I've still got a lot to open, I'm excited to check out Blue Beet and Guyver!

Congrats on your haul Tking! Anyone know the difference between the Figma Guyver I release and the original release from Max Factory? I have the latter and based on what I've seen of the Figma version, it looks a lot like the original. I'm a big fan of the Guyver I suit and still have the DVD of "Dark Hero" to remind me how awesome it can be translated into real life (David Hayter notwithstanding). :D

I was really tempted to get the Arcadia, but I'm not really a big fan of Galaxy Express 999 (though it blew me away when I first watched it as a kid). Agreed with the nomenclature change for Bandai's line of ships. They should call it "Soul of Senkan" and start making more iconic ships like the White Base, Argama, Nahel Argama, Battle 7, Battle Frontier and Battle Galaxy, and even their own version of the SDF-1, both TV and DYRL versions (since Arcadia does not seem to have any plans to re-issue the Yamato version as of yet).

Oh man, it would be great if Arcadia would kick it up a gear, and produce an SDF-1 TV and a Battle 7. One can only dream...

The VF-4 fighter mode does look good. What show was the VF-4 in?

A few seconds in Flashback 2012

Wasn't there also a model of it on Hikaru's desk in his room in DYRL the original series? (I don't have the screenshot but I believe it was a VF-4)

Edit: Apparently it was the last episode of the SDF TV series.

http://www.collectiondx.com/blog/vf5ss/brief_history_vf4039s_design

Edited by happy_spike

Wooho. Finally got my big swag box. Working from home today too :D

Today's suggested work schedule:

1hr- filling out paperwork, computer stuff, important work stuff :(

7hrs- transforming, swooshing, reviewing new purchases :)

30 minute lunch break looking at new purchases. :wub:

I'd say "let's call it a day for working"

Today's suggested work schedule:

1hr- filling out paperwork, computer stuff, important work stuff :(

7hrs- transforming, swooshing, reviewing new purchases :)

30 minute lunch break looking at new purchases. :wub:

I'd say "let's call it a day for working"

Hahaha! That's a great itinerary! LOL.

Plus my Carolina Tar Heels are playing in the Sweet Sixteen tonight. So I'm excited.

I'll probably just open Star Saber today. I like to space it out to enjoy each one.

Hey Yeti. No idea on the 29, is there a way of telling?

It was sold as used but the one I got wasn't the one pictured as the hands and knife Baggie was still sealed.

Joints are all good. :)

Loving the masterpiece cars, especially at KO prices ;)

Edited by The Old Man

Hey Yeti. No idea on the 29, is there a way of telling?

It was sold as used but the one I got wasn't the one pictured as the hands and knife Baggie was still sealed.

Joints are all good. :)

Loving the masterpiece cars, especially at KO prices ;)

I picked up a KO g2 sideswipe to compare. They are so close, but the fit and finish on the takara's are much better.