Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Took long enough, but finally here!

BJCPI4Ll.jpg

With the big guys:

JBldsucl.jpg

Cool, good to see you got yours. As I mentioned a page or two back, have you been able to move the ankle/foot swivel towards the bottom of the leg? If you look at above the foot, where the double ended ball joint goes into the leg, there's a back and forth joint that I can't get to budge on either leg, maybe you'll fair better. I take it you''ll be getting 18" Striker Eureka too when he releases? I've already got mine on pre-order at the little local store I get all my NECA 18" and 1/4 stuff from.

Cool, good to see you got yours. As I mentioned a page or two back, have you been able to move the ankle/foot swivel towards the bottom of the leg? If you look at above the foot, where the double ended ball joint goes into the leg, there's a back and forth joint that I can't get to budge on either leg, maybe you'll fair better. I take it you''ll be getting 18" Striker Eureka too when he releases? I've already got mine on pre-order at the little local store I get all my NECA 18" and 1/4 stuff from.

As is the same with most Neca items I have bought, he is still frozen from the truck. I'll try and move him around more tomorrow. The rubbery plastic is pretty locked up right now.

I know the joint you are talking about. I haven't tried to move it yet. I saw in a video review that it wasn't moving on theirs either. Not sure if it is meant to or not.

I have not pre ordered striker yet. I will probably pick him up, but I would like some more pictures before I order one.

no doubt, man! i also like how you lined up the sword with the wallpaper sun and lens flare! kakkoii!

Did i!? I mean oh yeah i did! You like that eh!? Hehe! That was a purely random occurrence to be honest! as i was taking photos of Yui my desktop wallpaper kept cycling through pics as it does and it just so happened to stop at that photo with the sword lined up exactly! ;)

But anyways I'll happily take the credit for my awesome photography skills! ;)

Edited by spanner76

Picked up a Figma - Yui Takamura from Muv-Luv Alternative.. she's a lovely little figure! :D

She is awesome - only reason I passed on her is the pneumatic boobs.

Excellent wallpaper choice btw

Took a long while, but thanks to aaajin, I finally have a new Valkyrie! It's my first 1/60 V.2, and it lives up to all the good things ever said about it. I'm very pleased.

That said, I have a few questions about it:

1. I have the Valk's back panel indented and the backpack hooked into place, as shown. That seems to be putting a fair amount of strain on the backpack's bottom hinge. On the other hand, if that back panel isn't indented, the backpack leans backwards. Have I missed something? Is my fear for the bottom hinge unfounded?

2. I can't transform from Battroid to airplane mode. The hip bar refuses to disengage from the nose. Look at the pic I posted - that's as far as it'll get. I did see the transformation vid on Collection DX, and the gent there said to rotate the legs downwards, assuming the Valkyrie is facing down. Well, I faced down, and I rotated, and all that happened is the legs rotated. What am I missing?

3. The shoulders in Battroid, specifically the square panels they attach to - the rear of those square panels is hinged, the fronts aren't attached to anything and just kinda move around. Is this normal?

4. Finally - this has a rainbow coated canopy, and it's perfect. How do I keep it that way?

This is a great toy, and a brilliant representation. I love it. More pics when I can figure it how to unlock it!

post-324-0-44438200-1421973288_thumb.jpg

post-324-0-62178600-1421973434_thumb.jpg

post-324-0-65545300-1421973455_thumb.jpg

post-324-0-06290200-1421973508_thumb.jpg

Took a long while, but thanks to aaajin, I finally have a new Valkyrie! It's my first 1/60 V.2, and it lives up to all the good things ever said about it. I'm very pleased.

That said, I have a few questions about it:

1. I have the Valk's back panel indented and the backpack hooked into place, as shown. That seems to be putting a fair amount of strain on the backpack's bottom hinge. On the other hand, if that back panel isn't indented, the backpack leans backwards. Have I missed something? Is my fear for the bottom hinge unfounded?

2. I can't transform from Battroid to airplane mode. The hip bar refuses to disengage from the nose. Look at the pic I posted - that's as far as it'll get. I did see the transformation vid on Collection DX, and the gent there said to rotate the legs downwards, assuming the Valkyrie is facing down. Well, I faced down, and I rotated, and all that happened is the legs rotated. What am I missing?

3. The shoulders in Battroid, specifically the square panels they attach to - the rear of those square panels is hinged, the fronts aren't attached to anything and just kinda move around. Is this normal?

4. Finally - this has a rainbow coated canopy, and it's perfect. How do I keep it that way?

This is a great toy, and a brilliant representation. I love it. More pics when I can figure it how to unlock it!

not an expert but I'll try to answer :

1) I leave mine without the backpack lock, since the era of the infamous breakage of the 1/48's BP8 part.

2) maybe you can try wiggle it a bit. what I always do on mine is hold both legs in battroid mode, with the backpack facing you, with all four fingers excluding your thumbs. Swing the wings away so you can access the nosecone's bottom with your thumbs and press the forward section of the nosecone away gently until the metal part pops out from the slot. wiggle a little and slide the nosecone back down (since you have to slide it up when transfroming from Fighter-to-Battroid)

3) normal

4) not an expert on this so Ill let others chime in.

Well, I got it done. Grasped the nose cone, prayed to Ghu, and pulled and it came undone with no apparent damage. That can't be the approved method, but perhaps it is. Rotating the legs didn't do a thing for me.

Pics in aircraft mode, along with a pic of its successor. Wow, the 25 is a brute by comparison, although it's easy to see the design evolution.

I'd still like to know how to maintain the rainbow effect and avoid the cracking others have experienced.

Is there a trick to attaching the ordnance? From what I can figure out, the stores have to be angled toward the nose to fit over the wing posts, then you can rotate it forward. Problem is, it interferes with the other stores you try to put on next. I wanted the mini-missile launchers to be on the inner station and the AAMs on the outer, but the bulk of the launchers prevented that. Even this arrangement was fraught with peril, since the last thing I want to do is break the thin flange around the wing post.

And now, with my VF-1 in hand, I must do... well, what most everyone does when they get a new, lovely Yamato 1/60 Valkyrie. Yes, off it and I shall go, into the sunset, to...

Troll the internet for super parts, of course. I won't be picky, either. TV, DYRL, in box or no, I won't discriminate. All I need are all the pieces accounted for, in reasonable condition.

post-324-0-08396000-1422046664_thumb.jpg

post-324-0-57820600-1422046684_thumb.jpg

post-324-0-84746700-1422046705_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sildani

Did i!? I mean oh yeah i did! You like that eh!? Hehe! That was a purely random occurrence to be honest! as i was taking photos of Yui my desktop wallpaper kept cycling through pics as it does and it just so happened to stop at that photo with the sword lined up exactly! ;)

But anyways I'll happily take the credit for my awesome photography skills! ;)

bwahaha! it's a gift! XD

Guest davidwhangchoi

grab a vf-1s roy focker or the new vf-1j armor combo coming

After all this time of trying, I finally scored a VF-1S Max off of Mandarake!

It was listed as opened/box severely damaged and yellowish... said the hell with it and took a chance.

Just a little bit of shelf wear on the box, everything else is prefect... :)

DSC07989_zps1qac5gfo.jpg

DSC07990_zpszgkbm6pf.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

It was listed as opened/box severely damaged and yellowish... said the hell with it and took a chance.

DSC07989_zps1qac5gfo.jpg

DSC07990_zpszgkbm6pf.jpg

amazing catch! DyNo it looks new to me

DSC07989_zps1qac5gfo.jpg

DSC07990_zpszgkbm6pf.jpg

Nice catch DyNo! I've been after one of these for a while now!

Congratulations! great pickup for a great price!

Not strictly a toy, but definitely a luxury purchase. I'd lost my Ray-Bans and upgraded a bit.

Very nice sunglasses, find ones with blue lenses you can display as part of a Max display. :D

I'd still like to know how to maintain the rainbow effect and avoid the cracking others have experienced.

Is there a trick to attaching the ordnance? From what I can figure out, the stores have to be angled toward the nose to fit over the wing posts, then you can rotate it forward. Problem is, it interferes with the other stores you try to put on next. I wanted the mini-missile launchers to be on the inner station and the AAMs on the outer, but the bulk of the launchers prevented that. Even this arrangement was fraught with peril, since the last thing I want to do is break the thin flange around the wing post.

I'd love to know about these things, if anyone has any thoughts or tips. Thanks!

Just got one myself from same location. Paid only $50 over what it originally went for. Congrats on the find.

Nice! just curious.. what did they originally go for? This one will cost me over 30k yen posted.. :wacko:

Nah. I like it too much. I wish Arcadia would announce a new one though.

Hehe! I don't blame you at all! ^_^ Im still so angry with myself for letting mine go.. :angry:

Guest davidwhangchoi

Why thank you sir!! :)

Just got one myself from same location. Paid only $50 over what it originally went for. Congrats on the find.

congrats both for getting it!

man, i guess Max vf-1s is what's hot on the street now eh? :ohmy:

Waiting on these to show as well.

post-582-0-48641800-1422235953_thumb.jpg And post-582-0-94935500-1422235981.jpg

Yes, not my pics, but they're on their way. Both brand new and under $500 shipped for both. Only took 3 years of searching for a decent deal.

Edited by Jasonc

I just got back from a con and I got wave 1/100 VF-1A Battroid and Fighter mode model kits and a 1/100 VF-25F kit. Now comes the long painful process of building :D But I got great deals on them all! Cheaper than MSRP.

I just got back from a con and I got wave 1/100 VF-1A Battroid and Fighter mode model kits and a 1/100 VF-25F kit. Now comes the long painful process of building :D But I got great deals on them all! Cheaper than MSRP.

All the better when you get the deal you didn't expect when you want something. Congrats, my friend.