Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

So, what's your filmstrip scene? I've got Hikaru wandering in his flight suit (helmet off) after his crash in the SDF-1.

No filmstrip with this one. It was missing which sucks but it did have the poster with it.

Edited by DyNo

No filmstrip with this one. It was missing which sucks but it did have the poster with it.

Ah, that kind of stinks. I paid ¥7000 for mine at Mandarake Sapporo, thinking it wouldn't have anything. Looking through it later while eating lunch, stuck in the middle was the poster, film strip, a January to June 1986 calendar the size of a credit card from "Arion" (アリオン), and a cassette tape insert from Megazon 23 Part 2! No idea how I managed to get all of that at less than original retail price.

Finally had some free time to process the photos of Yamamoto Akira. :D

15653136087_840a1c1c19_b.jpg

15652798588_fa294117bd_b.jpg

15814624896_49db34a2ce_b.jpg

15785092196_98a1545aab_b.jpg

15785092006_10029aec42_b.jpg

15810320752_103e711d4c_b.jpg

:wub: woow... so, actually, how many variant of this figurine are on the market? I counted three so far... am I right?

This just came in from jungle! B-item, but from inspection seems to be in really good condition!

IMG_3286_zps44fe6751.jpg

Nice catch! I start think to plug this one on my wish list.. without him, Focker won't be the Focker we know right? :D

Edited by Fighting103

Sweet sweet pics! Thanks Saburo! I need to meet a girl like that in the very near future!

Thank you, good luck my friend on meeting a girl like that and if you do, she has a twin sister I can be introduced to. :)

This just came in from jungle! B-item, but from inspection seems to be in really good condition!

Nice SV-51!

Saburo and his sexy hot Yamato babes!!! :p great pics dude! keep em coming!

Haha.. Thanks, I think I'll need to pick up some Macross girls soon. I'll post more when the photos are ready. :)

:wub: woow... so, actually, how many variant of this figurine are on the market? I counted three so far... am I right?

You are correct there are 3 versions. :wub:

Anime version: Black suit and short hair

Yamato Crew Edition ver. A: White suit and long hair

Yamato Crew Edition ver. B: Red suit and long hair

You're starting to sell me on stuff that isn't Macross, Saburo :)

...those colors and that orange base!

Muwahaha... a little variety makes everything better. :D Also the Yamato Girl figures are really nice!

Well done dude! :D that 1/60 low-vis is trully have capability to fly off the radar huh? Haha! Especially that one with mint sealed condition.

Yeah, I was surprised at the condition. I should probably start taking pictures once I get it, and the VF-1A Cavaliers in. I should be getting a VF-1J Mass production mailed to me soon as well, and that should complete my VF-1 collection (hopefully). :)

Thank you, good luck my friend on meeting a girl like that and if you do, she has a twin sister I can be introduced to. :)

I hope they're triplets, then I can keep one MISB! Bwahaha! Now that would be an awesome photoshoot for you!

Sweet! Glad that it's in really good condition! Good deal?

without him, Focker won't be the Focker we know right? :D

Egzegackily! XD that and it's a really mean looking bird (gerwalk!!).

Hey Saburo, any particular reason for the differing helmets in the closeups versus the zoomes out pics? Just curious.

Oh, and awesome shots, as always.

Different helmet? The helmet is duo-toned, if that is what you are seeing. Edited by ChaoticYeti

Hey Saburo, any particular reason for the differing helmets in the closeups versus the zoomes out pics? Just curious.

Oh, and awesome shots, as always.

If you mean the helmets don't match their outfits, its because Megahouse used the regular release (black, yellow and red) Akira helmet with all the color variants.

Edited by Saburo

Different helmet? The helmet is duo-toned, if that is what you are seeing.

Ahh - I didn't realize that.

If you mean the helmets don't match their outfits, its because Megahouse used the regular release (black, yellow and red) Akira helmet with all the color variants.

Ok. I was seeing what appeared to be a red helmet in one pic and a yellow one in another. I think ChaoticYeti addressed what I was seeing.

Got the VF-1S low viz in today :) Also got the shapeways parts to fix the VF-1D :) Pardon the crappy cell phone pic.

Now, I'm just waiting for the VF-1J Mass production :D

BTW, anyone know a good paint color match for the VF-1D? I kind of want to paint those replacement hinges.

sweet class picture! =) what's the black valk next to the super ostrich? custom paint job?

cool, thanks! it's blue then, not black? hmm...

It's supposed to be a dark blue, but the flash on my cell phone made it look black.

To the right of that pic:

1_zps551efa77.jpg

And to the left:

4_zps9b8ad9a0.jpg

I have the armor for the VF-1J, and the two low viz armor. But for the sake of space, I kept them in the box. And just as I checked, I have 2 each of the low viz (camo and urban). Not sure why I have 2 of each. I don't need 2. :wacko:

Edited by Dark Skull

It's supposed to be a dark blue, but the flash on my cell phone made it look black.

I have the armor for the VF-1J, and the two low viz armor. But for the sake of space, I kept them in the box. And just as I checked, I have 2 each of the low viz (camo and urban). Not sure why I have 2 of each. I don't need 2. :wacko:

i think that it actually looks better black =)

thanks for completing the class pic! i'm sure a lot of us are drooling over them (and will look forward to any sales that you may want to make)! XD

Got the VF-1S low viz in today :) Also got the shapeways parts to fix the VF-1D :) Pardon the crappy cell phone pic.

VF-1s_zpsf14a5595.jpg

Now, I'm just waiting for the VF-1J Mass production :D

BTW, anyone know a good paint color match for the VF-1D? I kind of want to paint those replacement hinges.

WOW!!! what a damn fine collection good sir! A great mix of scales and versions! very nice photo Dark Skull! B))