Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

So I got Legacy Titanus the other day, and he's awesome, but I've been using an old 2010 Dino Megazord to combine with him and Legacy Dragonzord. Well, today I went by a local toy store that recently opened and picked up a Legacy Megazord he had brand new for a good price, I'm pretty glad I upgraded honestly, I can't believe how expensive he's gotten.

post-12821-0-97636600-1415496167_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-00905300-1415496241_thumb.jpg

He's definitely heavier, and shinier, I also really wanted to have all three Legacy Megazords, instead of just two of them, and one old all plastic Megazord.

post-12821-0-81165200-1415496273_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-77079400-1415496332_thumb.jpg

I love them both! :p

Me too! I have been hunting for these for a while and I was finally able to get them for a decent price, with help from a friend in Japan. :D

after 3 years of my last vf-1 purchase, i decided to buy something different, so i joined the frontier club, my first vf25, very happy with it, transformed once to batroid and guess what, i scratched the paint in 3 different places, am i the only one to be a menace to a valk here?

my other purchase is not a toy, bought this nice 5 dvd set of sdf macross, original one in japanese with subs.

Welcome to the Frontier Club. Sorry to hear about scratching the Valk. I have learned from others on MW to use masking tape on key areas (where the nose and fuselage fold into the chest area) to protect from scratches.

Bad Saburo, stop making me want Yamamoto repaints. I don't even like the one I have that much.

Muwahaha... you want repaints! J/K! :p

Yamamoto is my favorite character and have been searching for these repaints for a while.

Awesome pics Saburo!

Thank you. :)

So I got Legacy Titanus the other day, and he's awesome, but I've been using an old 2010 Dino Megazord to combine with him and Legacy Dragonzord. Well, today I went by a local toy store that recently opened and picked up a Legacy Megazord he had brand new for a good price, I'm pretty glad I upgraded honestly, I can't believe how expensive he's gotten.

attachicon.gif20141108_164528_resized.jpgattachicon.gif20141108_164556_resized.jpg

He's definitely heavier, and shinier, I also really wanted to have all three Legacy Megazords, instead of just two of them, and one old all plastic Megazord.

attachicon.gif20141108_164941_resized.jpgattachicon.gif20141108_165112_resized.jpg

Awesome! Its neat to see what other MW members collect. :)

Sughoi! I want this!

Yamamoto Akira [Yamato Crew Limited Ver A.]

Another Yamato 2199 x Macross crossover pic. The YF-30 has a new pilot. :D

15742921525_4d32c5fc09_b.jpg

Yamamoto Akira [Yamato Crew Limited Ver B.]

15558345750_ac58f8bda6_b.jpg

got this today. the v2 glitter sh*t is cracking a bit on the canopy. but this is probably getting transformed once. and it's staying in battroid. i just need a 1j and i've got all the hikaru piloted valks.

oh. and i guess it'd be nice to complete skull squadron. so if anyone wants to let go of a 1a max or kakizaki.

post-18986-0-23174000-1415767049_thumb.jpg

Edited by gunbuster76

got this today. the v2 glitter sh*t is cracking a bit on the canopy. but this is probably getting transformed once. and it's staying in battroid. i just need a 1j and i've got all the hikaru piloted valks.

oh. and i guess it'd be nice to complete skull squadron. so if anyone wants to let go of a 1a max or kakizaki.

Nice addition to your collection, sorry to hear about the rainbow tint is cracking. I would like to ask you a favor could you post a pic of what the cracking looks like? I have a couple of v2s with the rainbow tint canopies and I would like to see what it looks like.

Awesome!!!

You actually got 'em and white Yuki, too.

Those special Rei's really do look very nice with the Frontier Valks.

:D

Yes, with some luck I was able to acquire them and yes they look great with the Frontier Valks.

Edited by Saburo

I had a few minor issues with a handful of v2 VF-1 Valks so I just swapped out the canopies of ones I wanted to keep in fighter and gerwalk to the the ones in battroid. Doesn't solve the problem but sure as hell don't see the crappy canopies!

But in saying that the bad canopies I have are nothing like whats posted in that link! The defects on my canopies are very minor but only noticeable when closely inspected. I changed them around simply cos im anal.. :p

Guest davidwhangchoi

^Max FTW!!!!

Can't even believe that's a debate you're having. For shame Sir David.

-b.

should've specified, i have max vf-1s weathered (x2) apologies!

since max in the 1s never was seen with the supers in dyrl, i guess we can only speculate he had them on prior to the sdf-1 reaching earth the find misa and hikaru

Edited by davidwhangchoi

In all debates on who gets cool sh!t Max>Everyone Else

-b.

should've specified, i have max vf-1s weathered (x2) apologies!

since max in the 1s never was seen with the supers in dyrl, i guess we can only speculate he had them on prior to the sdf-1 reaching earth the find misa and hikaru

Nice addition to your collection, sorry to hear about the rainbow tint is cracking. I would like to ask you a favor could you post a pic of what the cracking looks like? I have a couple of v2s with the rainbow tint canopies and I would like to see what it looks like.

Yes, with some luck I was able to acquire them and yes they look great with the Frontier Valks.

it's not as bad as that link. yet.

hopefully it won't get worse.

post-18986-0-33027900-1415931412_thumb.jpg

post-18986-0-48098600-1415931425_thumb.jpg

there's a pic of the rainbow canopy peeling off here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=26947&page=25

it's not as bad as that link. yet.

hopefully it won't get worse.

Wow, thank you for the links and pics. I'll have to keep my eye on mine for signs of the cracking/peeling, so far they appear to be ok.

It's just flimsy coating gimmick.

Most of us got rid of it completely right away when we got our yammies back in the day. Q-tip plus isopropyl or something.

Yamato gave up on the useless gimmick quickly.

Thanks for info on removal, hopefully I won't need to do it. I kind of the look of the tint. I wonder I what causes the peeling?

Wow, thank you for the links and pics. I'll have to keep my eye on mine for signs of the cracking/peeling, so far they appear to be ok.

Thanks for info on removal, hopefully I won't need to do it. I kind of the look of the tint. I wonder I what causes the peeling?

Saburo, here is the how-to thread on the tinted canopies:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=38491

In it Graham notes that dish washing detergent also works at removing a cracking/flaking canopy finish. You can use this as an alternative to Isopropyl alcohol since it will not mar the paint/printing. The flaking seems to be more of a QC issue with the finish itself. I'm not sure what Yamato had to mix to get the affect, but it looks like a percentage of those early releases have a built in time limit.

My rainbow canopies still look great, for what its worth. Gimmick or not, I like them too.

(edit: fixed thread discription)

Edited by technoblue