Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Thanks guys, yeah everything fits until the inevitable next load of boxes arrives!

Speaking of which, picked these up yesterday...

Got the photo-etched parts for each too.

Quite how soon I'll start making them is another thing entirely! :)

Let's see, already built Hikaru's VF-1J, so I picked up another one recently so I can take the yellow decals and S head from the Strike/Super Kit and make a TV Roy VF-1S. Waiting on the launch arm availability before I start on the VF-1A Super.

Guest davidwhangchoi

finally got my vf-25F supers to complete the set and a 1/48 hikaru to go with my 1/48 armor

25fsupers_zps48ae1d77.jpg148hikaru_zpsd2cf4d58.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

You owe it to yourself to watch the series at least once. But don't blame me if you order the 40th Anniversary SOC GX-31V as a result. :p

LOL. I have watched a few episodes and I have taken pics of a Gokin Voltes V, not sure which one though. Its from a friends collection.

Please don't ask. I'm still trying to get over it. What really gets to me though is that I'm technically supposed to be tax and duty free (I work for a diplomatic establishment). And I thought Philippine Customs was bad. :(

I didn't know you were born in the Philippines, Saburo! I agree with Abaddon that you owe it to yourself (and your Filipino heritage!) to watch Voltes V (preferably the English dubbed version that was done by Filipinos in the 80's! :D ) Voltes V had such a huge influence on our generation of Filipinos. It's what got me into Japanese pop culture (and toy collecting) in the first place!

Yep, born in Manila then my parents immigrated to the US and settled in Hawaii when I was 3yrs old. Growing up in Hawaii, I had a lot of exposure to anime and Japan culture. I have watched a few episodes of Voltes-V and its fun to watch the old shows.

Grabbed the Macross Quarter aircraft carrier thing.

Waiting on the Konig Monster and 6 other things that are coming...

Someone help me.

Please.

It all started with 1 Valk for me... then a over a year later I have boxes stacked up in my closets. :blink: And possibly going to rent a small storage in my apt complex to store all my toys.

Yep, it's a universal constant. You never have enough valks.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

This man speaks the truth!

Thanks guys, yeah everything fits until the inevitable next load of boxes arrives!

Speaking of which, picked these up yesterday...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Got the photo-etched parts for each too.

Quite how soon I'll start making them is another thing entirely! :)

Very nice display!! My detolf buying keeps getting pushed back, I better get on that.

This. Picked it up from post office past Monday and I won't be able to unpack it for at less one week more :(

attachicon.gifIMG_5441.JPG

Nice, sorry you have to delay on opening it. :(

finally got my vf-25F supers to complete the set and a 1/48 hikaru to go with my 1/48 armor

Nice Valks stacked to the ceiling! Almost to the ceiling

Edited by Saburo

Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap! I wasn't expecting a package until Monday, low and behold I got a text update telling me my package was en route and would be delivered early!

post-12821-0-79006800-1415413490_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-66438200-1415413514_thumb.jpg

Holy crap this thing is huge, and the box it came in is even bigger, I had to open my second front door to get it through, I haven't seen a box this big since Hot Toys Tumbler. You know a figure is special when the box alone is flashy and gorgeous, I can't wait to break this guy and my other Legacy Zords out so I can put together the Legacy Ultrazord! I almost dropped money on an Arcadia 0D pre-order but I wasn't happy with what I've seen so far, plus I think they're asking way, way too much, I ended up getting this guy and another MonsterArt instead, my SpaceGodzilla will be here Wednesday! Completion feels good, and all put together this guy is going to make a hell of a display piece, I was going to get one for myself for Christmas but I'm pretty glad I grabbed this guy early, he looks amazing.

No stickers, die-cast metal, tons of paint apps, rubber tires, articulated neck, this thing is nuts, and definitely fitting of the first carrier zord in the Legacy line. The paint apps are highly appreciated, it's meant to look screen accurate and it does, it's essentially a highly detailed re-made version of the Zyuranger King Brachion, but in a Power Rangers box.

post-12821-0-39714000-1415418863_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-91322400-1415418909_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-58788800-1415418962_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-48062900-1415419011_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-98684200-1415419062_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-75164000-1415419112_thumb.jpg

It's a thing of beauty, I never had the full setup as a kid, but that's exactly why the Legacy line was made, to rake in the dollars of the now grown-up fan base that has money to burn. I've got Legacy Tigerzord on pre-oder and I can't wait for him, then hopefully they'll announce Legacy Red Dragon Zord, then the Legacy Thunderzords, then Legacy Tor, damn it's going to get expensive.

Received today the small but perfectly formed Wave 1:5000 SDF-1.

(Thanks again Shawn :))

Oooo very nice Old man!!

No stickers, die-cast metal, tons of paint apps, rubber tires, articulated neck, this thing is nuts, and definitely fitting of the first carrier zord in the Legacy line. The paint apps are highly appreciated, it's meant to look screen accurate and it does, it's essentially a highly detailed re-made version of the Zyuranger King Brachion, but in a Power Rangers box.

attachicon.gif20141107_192213.jpgattachicon.gif20141107_192254.jpgattachicon.gif20141107_192328.jpgattachicon.gif20141107_192441.jpgattachicon.gif20141107_192808.jpgattachicon.gif20141107_192928.jpg

It's a thing of beauty, I never had the full setup as a kid, but that's exactly why the Legacy line was made, to rake in the dollars of the now grown-up fan base that has money to burn. I've got Legacy Tigerzord on pre-oder and I can't wait for him, then hopefully they'll announce Legacy Red Dragon Zord, then the Legacy Thunderzords, then Legacy Tor, damn it's going to get expensive.

Wow, that is impressive! Die-cast parts always make things better. :)

Gorgeous. Nice buy :)

Thanks Falcon.

Oooo very nice Old man!

Thank you Saburo

Drool... Great pics, Old Man!

The VF-4G is still on my holy grail list. I need to wait for the end of the year dust to settle before I can budget for it, though.

Thanks technoblue. Mine was bought and paid for ages ago. Unfortunately I didn't read the NY preorder policy though so I had to wait until the RVF-171 was delivered. And I thought it was crazy money back then, can't believe how much they are asking now!

There's more pics on my Flickr page, I didn't post them all here as I didn't want to clutter this thread up with too many of my pics.

Edited by The Old Man

after 3 years of my last vf-1 purchase, i decided to buy something different, so i joined the frontier club, my first vf25, very happy with it, transformed once to batroid and guess what, i scratched the paint in 3 different places, am i the only one to be a menace to a valk here?

my other purchase is not a toy, bought this nice 5 dvd set of sdf macross, original one in japanese with subs.

post-12890-0-67967300-1415494920_thumb.jpg

post-12890-0-69333300-1415494962_thumb.jpg