Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Nice. It has been awhile since I bought a transformer. I like the masterpiece stuff, but other than that I can't stand them anymore. They are pretty lazy, and no fun to transform. I have been trying to decide which third party to get to get me back into collecting TF. I've been looking at the 3p Devastator gestalts for a few years now. Maybe I can make a stand adapter...

If you are interested in MMCs Feral Rex I would get Tigris (or preorder Felisaber with the early bird discount) It is the barest release of the bunch but it is a fun toy to handle and play around with so you know what to expect from MMC. From there it gets better and better with the other team members.

I also would prefer Green Giant (as far as I understand it the green one has some improvements over the yellow one) over Hercules because TFCs design language and engineering does nothing to me. The downside of Giant is that the bot modes are very lackluster. With Feral Rex you get toys that are good in every mode imho. I still don't get why people dislike the animal modes because they are very poseable and look like a mechanized version of the animal they are representing. Nor more or less accurate than any of the other mechanical beasts in the TF universe sans the Beast Wars bots with their shellforming hide.

I hope I can make some comparisons between Feral Rex and M³ if (IF) DHL manages to intercept the package with Menasor in it before they send it back to the States.

Oh I also got something *grabs into the toy bin*:

post-18307-0-69373100-1411670591_thumb.jpg

post-18307-0-02938900-1411670598_thumb.jpg

None of my VF-1s have the shoulder problem but I may swap the black ones on my 30th with one of my Roys because I think it would look awesome :)

Just a big fan of grey/black joints & mechanical parts with colored armor in general.

Edited by xrentonx

Okay, it's not a new toy purchase. But I did run into this little guy from when I was just a little Robotech junkie :). I was clearing out an old box of Transformers to sell and just had to save this one!

Can anyone tell me exactly what this thing is from? lol. I'm guessing it used to have a gun.

Old Toy 1

Old Toy 2

I can't even find any english writing on it, I expected to find BANDAI on it or something, but nope, just Japanese characters. As best I can tell, it says "bitsukuuesuto ... takatoisu" on it in Katakana.

ビックウエスト

タカトクトイス

Which, with the help of google translate is apparently Big West, "Takatoku" Toys.

And all hail Anymoon!

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=1825

Edited by vsim

I can't even find any english writing on it, I expected to find BANDAI on it or something, but nope, just Japanese characters. As best I can tell, it says "bitsukuuesuto ... takatoisu" on it in Katakana.

ビックウエスト

タカトクトイス

Which, with the help of google translate is apparently Big West, "Takatoku" Toys.

And all hail Anymoon!

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=1825

that's Big West and Takatoku Toys. :-)

Joke machine, I think. Not positive though! There's a JM expert around these forums somewhere...

Thats not a bandai/matchbox Joke Machine. Not a toynami morpher too. I believe its the original morpher that toynami copied from. Not too sure who made it but Im guessing it was bandai.

Nice haul Gakk!! Post up the pics once you get them all opened. :)

Will do. Gonna probably save WJ for Saturday. Spread things out a bit :D

Had to wipe that white smuts off my wheeljack boxes haha. Wish they'd wrap them in something.

The act stands are for my destron tapes. Going to get Razorbeak out and flying.

Ed- I'll put that down for a rainy day. Wouldn't hurt to fix the originals.

Edited by Gakken85

Will do. Gonna probably save WJ for Saturday. Spread things out a bit :D

Had to wipe that white smuts off my wheeljack boxes haha. Wish they'd wrap them in something.

The act stands are for my destron tapes. Going to get Razorbeak out and flying.

Ed- I'll put that down for a rainy day. Wouldn't hurt to fix the originals.

You have good self control. I'd like to hear your thoughts on WJ.

I got to play around with this guy, he was with my 2 Feral Rex figures delivery. :)

post-23462-0-34035600-1411708700_thumb.jpg

Edited by Saburo

Someday all the stock from angolz and hkcollectibles will be gone. :(

I bought them from a member of these forums, actually! :D

In fact, now that I think about it, I think a good half of my collection is thanks to the for-sale and trade section. :lol:

Edited by aceoftherebellion

Picked me up a TV Roy 1S (MIB) at a bargain price I just couldn't pass up! Way cheaper than anywhere that I know that has one listed..
It's absolutely faultless, no loose joints or broken / cracked anything!

Also just realized that makes my Valkyrie collection count now a big 40! Hmmm quite happy with that little achievement! Happy days! :D

post-21335-0-03214800-1411725147_thumb.jpg

Also my 1/18 General Lee 1969 Dodge Charger pre-order came in.. this is Autoworlds (renewal) or "authentic" version with much higher detail! Is a very sweet model car! Really love it! :wub:

post-21335-0-15873200-1411725408_thumb.jpg

and.. I swapped out a few of my older (Minichamps) bikes which I didn't have on display anyways for a mint (TSM) 1/18 Tyrrell P34 six wheeler F1 car! Quite happy with that trade! B))

post-21335-0-37287800-1411725466_thumb.jpg

Now just waiting on my 1/18 Autoart McLaren F1 LM pre-order to arrive and im done! for the moment.. :p just gotta find room for the Tyrrell to sit as its currently sitting where the new McLaren will go..

Not a bad day's work if I say so myself!

Edited by spanner76

Maybe. I'll go with the black shoulders for now.

If you do decide to give the plastic weld (also called plastic cement or model glue, although more for Styrene than true ABS) a try, since you've already tried CA glue, you'll need to use Acetone or an Acetone based nail polish remover to clean off all the Cyanoacrylate residue from the pieces to be bonded; otherwise, the super glue gunk will prevent the solvent from doing its voodoo. And if you do try this repair, you may also want to file down the knurling on the metal hinge pins a bit to further reduce stress on the hinge and prevent future breakage.

Saburo - Cool 3p dino. How is the transformation?

Spanner - I used to love the Dukes of Hazard as a kid. Very cool car. Too bad it doesn't transform :p

Yeah I filed down the hinge already.

Thanks for the tips Mechanianc.

Jungle wanted to give me a $20 dollar future discount, but I told them again that I have no idea when I'd order from their site. I bought from their like 3 times last year. I asked that they refund shipping, and they finally offered me a $20 dollar refund now, though I still haven't gotten it. I wanted my shipping refunded but I guess $35 bucks was too much.

Have to say their customer service sucks.

Slow and totally unwilling to keep a repeat customer happy. I waited 2 days for a follow-up.

Not going to buy anything off their site unless it's brand new and something I can't find elsewhere. Sad because I'd had good experiences up to that point. I told them that they should monitor questions from people who purchase more closely. I understand that it's a used item, but It seems they just want to back it up and ship it without any contact.

Edited by Gakken85

You have good self control. I'd like to hear your thoughts on WJ.

I got to play around with this guy, he was with my 2 Feral Rex figures delivery. :)

I love the aesthetic! Was considering this one to be my first foray into 3P TF. How do you like your Columpio?

Picked me up a TV Roy 1S (MIB) at a bargain price I just couldn't pass up! Way cheaper than anywhere that I know that has one listed..

It's absolutely faultless, no loose joints or broken / cracked anything!

Also just realized that makes my Valkyrie collection count now a big 40! Hmmm quite happy with that little achievement! Happy days! :D

attachicon.gif20140926_194159.jpg

Also my 1/18 General Lee 1969 Dodge Charger pre-order came in.. this is Autoworlds (renewal) or "authentic" version with much higher detail! Is a very sweet model car! Really love it! :wub:

attachicon.gif20140926_195410.jpg

and.. I swapped out a few of my older (Minichamps) bikes which I didn't have on display anyways for a mint (TSM) 1/18 Tyrrell P34 six wheeler F1 car! Quite happy with that trade! B))

attachicon.gif20140926_195434.jpg

Now just waiting on my 1/18 Autoart McLaren F1 LM pre-order to arrive and im done! for the moment.. :p just gotta find room for the Tyrrell to sit as its currently sitting where the new McLaren will go..

Not a bad day's work if I say so myself!

Nice haul and congrats on making it to 40! :) Very nice auto collection you have there! Please tell me you Vrrrommmed the General Lee around your dining table and made ramps for it to do assisted simulated jumps? :D

Saburo - Cool 3p dino. How is the transformation?

Spanner - I used to love the Dukes of Hazard as a kid. Very cool car. Too bad it doesn't transform :p

Yeah I filed down the hinge already.

Thanks for the tips Mechanianc.

Jungle wanted to give me a $20 dollar future discount, but I told them again that I have no idea when I'd order from their site. I bought from their like 3 times last year. I asked that they refund shipping, and they finally offered me a $20 dollar refund now, though I still haven't gotten it. I wanted my shipping refunded but I guess $35 bucks was too much.

Have to say their customer service sucks.

Slow and totally unwilling to keep a repeat customer happy. I waited 2 days for a follow-up.

Not going to buy anything off their site unless it's brand new and something I can't find elsewhere. Sad because I'd had good experiences up to that point. I told them that they should monitor questions from people who purchase more closely. I understand that it's a used item, but It seems they just want to back it up and ship it without any contact.

The transformation is just like the G1 version, just bit more complex but not overly complicated. :)

I love the aesthetic! Was considering this one to be my first foray into 3P TF. How do you like your Columpio?

I really like Columpio, he's a solid figure, transformation is simple but fun and great to pose (although the shoulders and hip ball joints were a little loose, but that was solved with some nail polish). The only thing I am disappointed with is the lack of wrist rotation in bot mode. :( Other than that I am very pleased with him and can't wait to get the other figures. :)

I would say Columpio would be a great start into 3P, Fansproject does some nice work on their figures.

Yeah, out of all the 3P companies out there for TFs, Fansproject caught my eye. I like the chunkiness of the bot modes and they have cool headsculpts. Plus the handsculpts aren't the fused thumb-and-forefinger with circular peghole that is common with TFs in general. That's a small pet peeve of mine. It's the little things... :)

Anyway, gonna try and order a Columpio soonish.

Edited by xrentonx

Yeah, out of all the 3P companies out there for TFs, Fansproject caught my eye. I like the chunkiness of the bot modes and they have cool headsculpts. Plus the handsculpts aren't the fused thumb-and-forefinger with circular peghole that is common with TFs in general. That's a small pet prevent of mine. It's the little things... :)

Anyway, gonna try and order a Columpio soonish.

Fansproject, MakeToys and Mastermind Creations are my favorite 3P companies. Their design and the engineering is what I like. Haha I feel the same way about the oven mit/boxing glove hands. You'll be happy with Columpio. :) Cubrar (Slag or Slug as he is known as now) will be released in Oct, and the Dinobot army grows. :)

Can someone point me where I could check all or some 3P releases that shows their corresponding Transformers counterpart. Been confused lately on the 3P names and can't distinguished on who's who. Let's just say I'm not 100% into Transformers names except to 75% featured on the G1 era. Thanks in advance. ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

Can someone point me where I could check all or some 3P releases that shows their corresponding Transformers counterpart. Been confused lately on the 3P names and can't distinguished on who's who. Let's just say I'm not 100% into Transformers names except to 75% featured on the G1 era. Thanks in advance. ^_^

I can't recall seeing a list, but I am pretty sure there is a list out there. I'd try to list all the ones I know but there are just too many 3P figures out now. :wacko:

Nice haul and congrats on making it to 40! :) Very nice auto collection you have there! Please tell me you Vrrrommmed the General Lee around your dining table and made ramps for it to do assisted simulated jumps? :D

hehe! nahhh no vrooming or assisted jumps for the General Lee.. but seeing how so many ppl do with their new Valks, I did however do (as MW member 'Scream Man' so elegantly puts it) "a scale model assisted simulation in physical combat dynamics"

yep I wooshed my VF-1S! but only just a little! :p