Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

My Most Recent aquisitions: Star Fleet/X-BOMBER Dai-X (Not Macross I know but Ver Very Cool!) & YF-29 Durand, Isamu Dyson Custom with Weapons Pack. Happy, Happy, Happy!!

Ooooo have you got your Dai-X yet? Mines on its way from HLJ. Can't wait!

Ps. I see you are also from the UK. Welcome! :)

No I don't have my Dai-X's yet but They are safely stored in the warehouse, I bought 2 for obvious reasons. So Cool!!

Need More Macross and Gundam Unicorn Toys though and I still haven't got my Arcadia YF-19 yet too many toys not enough money, Sob,sob!

and dont get started on Customs & Excise Duty it's at 20% in the UK Ouch!!

Edited by macster1971

Sorry I forgot to say Thank you for welcoming me to the forum.

Many Thanks,

I'm a bit new to all this stuff as far Mac Fans go I'm old git! I got into Anime and Macross in the Mid-Eighties, I've always been into Sci-Fi and Art/Animation they all go together pretty seamlessly,

I never could understand why people looked down on Anime and just refer to it as "Those Japanese Cartoon Things like Pokemon!"

The shows seem to have a lot more depth than most mainstream live action shows in the west, Not to mention some Great Mecha designs (Nod to Mr Kawamori-San) Aka: God! Lecture OVA! (Lol)

Ooooohhh... nice!! I was close to pulling the trigger when Kanedas Bike had first listed, but I had some other things to take care of first.

Thanks Saburo for paving the way for me to get a hold of my Holy [VF-4G]rail. Can't wait to transform it and play with it. ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

Thanks Saburo for paving the way for me to get a hold of my Holy [VF-4G]rail. Can't wait to transform it and play with it. ^_^

Haha... I am glad you got it. :) Looking forward to your pics. I guess I'll just stare at the pics I took of Valkyrie Magnus' VF-4G. Maybe I should print out a poster of it. :)

I've got both of the VF-0'S with Ghosts Very Nice, I also Have the M&M VF-1J'S But the box art is different Blue Box for Max and Red for Miriya or Millia if you prefer, think they must be older versions?

I've got some pretty big gaps in my Macross collection though money was tight back then and still is!

Missing Large Yamato YF-21 & VF-11B Thunderbolt,Not to mention The SDF-1 Sob,sob.

Haha... I am glad you got it. :) Looking forward to your pics. I guess I'll just stare at the pics I took of Valkyrie Magnus' VF-4G. Maybe I should print out a poster of it. :)

Can I get one poster too? But send me the highres first and let's photoshop it and make a Flashback2012 version. ;)

Congrats on your VF-4G purchase!! :)

Thanks spanner! I can retire now from Macross stuff. Well, until they'll release again another Red and Stripe Valk. And a reissue of VF-4G Hikaru version. :lol: But now, need to heal my bleeding wallet. :wacko:

Woah nice! Congrats on the VF-4G(rail)! I'd love to have one in the future, but yeah priorities.

Thanks abbadon. You will have one for sure. And true, priorities first. ;)

And....Boom! :-) Congratulations Noel! That's a really cool valk you got there!

Thanks brouken! It is really a cool valk. I totally forgot my YF-30 after holding this one. It looks awesome in fighter mode. I guess that's the best mode. Gerwalk mode not so much. I find the long legs kinda awkward and can't do a proper A-stance. And battroid mode looks nice. Limited on the arm movement but it will do. And it comes with small hands. Hehehe. :lol: But overall, happy with the purchase. ;)

Hope Arcadia gets the mold soon.

I hope so too. Will PO as soon as they will announce a Hikaru scheme. ^_^

I've got both of the VF-0'S with Ghosts Very Nice, I also Have the M&M VF-1J'S But the box art is different Blue Box for Max and Red for Miriya or Millia if you prefer, think they must be older versions?

I've got some pretty big gaps in my Macross collection though money was tight back then and still is!

Missing Large Yamato YF-21 & VF-11B Thunderbolt,Not to mention The SDF-1 Sob,sob.

Welcome macster1971! Enjoy your stay here. Post some photos next time so we can see those gorgeous Valks. ;)

Congrats no3ljm. I don't have one myself. Don't know if I will but indeed the VF-4 is an amazing piece to have. Always has been said to be the best Yamato had to offer and I think it is too. Beautiful bird.

Needs pics!

Finally! My HOLY GRAIL. Thanks @Kanedas Bike! ;)

*snip*

Ooooohhh... nice!! I was close to pulling the trigger when Kanedas Bike had first listed, but I had some other things to take care of first.

:D

Very happy that she found a great home!

And yes, the VF-4G was truly one of Yamato's best, if not arguably best, release.

-b.

:D

Very happy that she found a great home!

And yes, the VF-4G was truly one of Yamato's best, if not arguably best, release.

-b.

I never truly appreciated it till I saw one up close and in person, thanks to Valkyrie Magnus. I hope to one day add one to my collection. Kanedas Bike you wouldn't happen to have another you would eventually want to sell? :D

Edited by Saburo

Crazy Haul is Crazy

On Ebay from a very...questionable...seller

Wow, two 25G's! That must have...cost a fortune! I managed to snag one from Mandarake for 25k yen, and that was the cheapest I could find at this time. Hope you were able to get yours for a good price. :-)

Wow, two 25G's! That must have...cost a fortune! I managed to snag one from Mandarake for 25k yen, and that was the cheapest I could find at this time. Hope you were able to get yours for a good price. :-)

They were 280 shipped, and each came with the super packs. All sealed.

They were 280 shipped, and each came with the super packs. All sealed.

280 shipped with super packs? Each or for the lot? Either way, that's still an incredible deal considering 25G prices now. Congratulations Duymon!

So I just joined the forum tonight, but have been something of a fan of Macross (granted, when I was 9 yrs old back in '83, it was 'Robotech' to me) fan since I was a kid. I just happened to get reminded of Robotech last month, and decided I would download the series. My 5-year-old son started watching it with me, and has become a huge fan. As I had gotten a couple of the Robotech figures back in 84/85 (which, I believe, are still in my parents' basement), I just happened to google 'robotech figures,' which then led to 'Macross figures,' which eventually led to 'Macross 1 60' on ebay/amazon/ cdj/ hlj/ etc, at which point my son saw what I was doing (doh). His eyes lit up, and, next thing I know, 3 weeks later, we have the following collection (thus far):

http://i.imgur.com/M1jkM43.jpg

In case you're wondering:

1) yes, they're all in my 5-year-old's room

2) no, he hasn't broken anything, and he is so concerned about breaking them that he calls for me whenever he wants to play with them

The best part is that he is obsessed w/ keeping the boxes.

http://i.imgur.com/3rBCXWV.jpg

The worst parts are:

1) we're going to outgrow our 3500 sq ft house in short order...

2) he now thinks that every box that shows up at the house is 'a new Robotech'

Anyway, you guys have been a great resource for someone who's just getting started on this (and who has a very young son -- no matter whether or not you think he's waaayyy too young to appreciate them/ not break them -- for whom he thinks this will be a great collecting/play opportunity for many years to come).

Thanks! :D

Edited by NOD

And yes -- I realize, after looking at the collection thread, and seeing how much you guys know about the various Macross chapters, that I'm essentially the ultimate nub.

(Also, I fully admit that the VF-19 is a bootleg, but I wanted something he could try to transform, and I got it for like 15 bucks)

I hope you'll forgive my idiocy.

Edited by NOD

Welcome to MW NOD! That's a great start to your, I mean your son's collection! :D

LOL

When the first one showed up, my wife saw me obsessing about working on the transformation as my son looked on (with a huge smile across his face), and she said "Jackson, it was so nice of you to let your dad buy himself a new toy!"

LOL

When the first one showed up, my wife saw me obsessing about working on the transformation as my son looked on (with a huge smile across his face), and she said "Jackson, it was so nice of you to let your dad buy himself a new toy!"

I can imagine how happy your son was, I remember how happy I was when my dad gave me my first Valkyrie as a present so long ago. I guess you can't use the "I bought it for him (your son)" explanation on your wife, because she already knows it's for you. Lol