Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Ok Mw'rs, I went "old school" on this one. They come from various sources and collections but now they are mine. I have to clean them up a bit but they will make great displays. My 1/55 VF-1J with GBP armor, Southern Cross Hover tank and my Gakken VR-052F. Time for a new cabinet, lol.

post-26268-0-92268800-1406117653_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-38246000-1406117661_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-69721900-1406117669_thumb.jpg

I don't think I contributed to this thread before,I guess theres no better time than now! The ones in the boxes/package just arrived today while I got the others within two weeks ago (some of them have just been shipped from HLJ's PW like the G Compatible Kaiser and Seekers from the HLJ sale).

My most favourite from this bunch is definitely the metal Boss Monkey!

I think I overdid it this month....

20140723_204349-1.jpg

Now to find a reasonably priced ozma

Edited by close313

Great acquisitions guys, and love the Milia Valk Gakken.

Whilst watching SDFM I thought I noticed that the super parts were not colour-coded like the toy. Did I hallucinate that, or does it vary depending on which scene/version you are watching?

It looks stunning whatever.

+1 on the 25G envy too. :)

Edited by The Old Man

Great acquisitions guys, and love the Milia Valk Gakken.

Whilst watching SDFM I thought I noticed that the super parts were not colour-coded like the toy. Did I hallucinate that, or does it vary depending on which scene/version you are watching?

It looks stunning whatever.

+1 on the 25G envy too. :)

they are color coded but I am not sure if there are inconsistencies per episode.

XKYhv7N.png

I think they go off documents of how it should look based of production work.

The TV show was probably the wild west when it came to enforcing details like that. They were just trying to get it out with multiple animators taking the reigns.

More Yamato in the mail. The fabled green defender. Rarest of the Destroids!! Did they do a weathering of this release?

tbVOJx2.jpg

Destroid love!

Edited by Gakken85

I have the weathered version of the tan defender.

I'll keep an eye open if they ever surface, but I have one of each now.

Man this green defender looks fantastic. I'll have to take some detailed photos.

I have the weathered version of the tan defender.

I'll keep an eye open if they ever surface, but I have one of each now.

Man this green defender looks fantastic. I'll have to take some detailed photos.

Not before you get that VF-1D house built, drawn, scribbled, crumpled, whatever, first.

Destroids = Your alarm clock to get up on a (-) 15 degree day with 8 inches of snow on the ground that you have to go clear just so you can get out of the driveway before you even hit the road for work. But if you like them, then hey. :p

-b.

Been a while since I've been here. . .

Life issues had to taken care of. . .

But I finally got one of the renewals. . .

VF-25A

It feels great to be bask in the game again!

Now I've gotta find a YF-29 Isamu Vers.

post-972-0-82860700-1406171154_thumb.jpg

post-972-0-03099500-1406171179_thumb.jpg

Been a while since I've been here. . .

Life issues had to taken care of. . .

But I finally got one of the renewals. . .

VF-25A

It feels great to be bask in the game again!

Now I've gotta find a YF-29 Isamu Vers.

Welcome back.

The Isamu 29 is probably the easiest, if not certainly one of the easiest to find at a decent price. Just check Mandarake, they're usually less than 20,000 JPY.

-b.

Thanks guys!

Really wanting that '29!

At first I kinda thought the look was off but I guess it the colors that sold me, that and all the gimmicks!

I am bummed that my Tornado Parts are not going to arrive till next week. :( But I did get the replacement for Alto to pilot the VF-25F, arrived today! :D

(Akira Yamamoto piloting the VF-25F or the YF-29 and Melda Dietz piloting the VF-27γ, one can only dream right? :wub: )

* I have been experimenting with the bokeh background effects or as I like to call it the Magical Girl lights, but didn't want to use it with the Valks. This was the perfect opportunity to try them out. Let me know what you guys think.

14713547066_84a1352f38_b.jpg

14550103857_0c86fc6081_b.jpg

Edited by Saburo

I am bummed that my Tornado Parts are not going to arrive till next week. :( But I did get the replacement for Alto to pilot the VF-25F, arrived today! :D

(Akira Yamamoto piloting the VF-25F or the YF-29 and Melda Dietz piloting the VF-27γ, one can only dream right? :wub: )

* I have been experimenting with the bokeh background effects or as I like to call it the Magical Girl lights, but didn't want to use it with the Valks. This was the perfect opportunity to try them out. Let me know what you guys think.

Just gorgeous!!

Just gorgeous!!

Thanks spanner! Something different than my normal Valkyrie in black photos. :)

I think Melda Deitz is to awesome a figure for the VF-27, that's why I keep her with my YF-29 ozma. but the background on those pictures look nice.

Thanks anime52k8! Melda Deitz, I like her with the VF-27 color scheme and rival to Akira who would pilot the VF-25. I do agree she would look great with a YF-29 in red. :)

That's a cool looking statue. I remember seeing it months ago. I like that she isn't half naked.

Its an awesome figure, good detail and the paint is spot on and she's a fighter pilot. :)

Edited by Saburo

Awesome. You should start your own thread dude. :)

I'll think about it, or I'll find one of the photography threads and resurrect it.

I had her and Mori Yuki on pre order but canceled them.. I think I'm gonna get em if they still available and not stupidly priced..

I held off on purchasing the Yamato Girls for a long time, but I finally broke down and I am glad I did. :D

From what I have seen Mori Yuki is a going for about 9000Â¥ - 10000Â¥, Yamamoto Akira is about 6000Â¥

Just gorgeous!!

Damn! I want this now!

Just gorgeous!!

Damn! I want this now!

This

I'll think about it, or I'll find one of the photography threads and resurrect it.

I held off on purchasing the Yamato Girls for a long time, but I finally broke down and I am glad I did. :D

From what I have seen Mori Yuki is a going for about 9000Â¥ - 10000Â¥, Yamamoto Akira is about 6000Â¥

I guess that's not too bad a price for em.. they look hot as! Definitely gonna buy em both! Get more weird looks from friends and family..

Damn! I want this now!

Damn! I want this now! This

You should order right now. :D

I guess that's not too bad a price for em.. they look hot as! Definitely gonna buy em both! Get more weird looks from friends and family..

Hahaha! Its ok, Yuki and Akira will look good in your display case. :)

I got tornado parts for my VF-25f, and I picked up a VF-27.

Nice haul! :)

Edited by Saburo