Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

I know! Im just hangin so bad to get it! Kinda freaking out a little about what condition it will be like.. But i will be keeping it in fighter mode only as i dont like the look of the other modes and my other Plus Valks are in fighter mode too. Although I have faith in Mandarake as pretty much everything I have purchased from the previously has always been very good or better!

Great find on the YF-21. In case you decided to transform it, be careful on the thigh. Don't put too much pressure. And make sure to check the inserted flyer for the leg guideline. ;)

I felt the same way when I ordered an SDF-1 from them. It said Opened and Used, but when it arrived I swear it was only opened for inspection. The whole thing was fresh despite of the dings on the box. Also purchased SDFM Complete Edition from them, it said Opened, but it turned out only the outer shipper box was open. Mandarake has been great for me, hasn't failed me yet. But still I hope yours turns out good as well.

Oh i can only hope so! Still im quietly confident!

I got my Dairugger/Vehicle Voltron together.

Having the old toy, seeing all the whackiness surrounding this release, and then finally pulling the trigger... I have to say it's a pretty damn impressive hunk of gokin.

I had a few minor issues with my 2.5/3 version, but the Miracle guys are working to correct them. I plan to do a full video review outlining everything. A few minor things and this guy would have been a huge homerun.

But all told, I really love the feel and look. He sparkles in my Detolf and really brings back the original. I daresay it's better than the original since it was basically a giant plastic brick.

X6UQJeF.jpg

Love the vehicle Voltron!! Have fond memories of watching this as a child! So much better than the Lion one..

Great find on the YF-21. In case you decided to transform it, be careful on the thigh. Don't put too much pressure. And make sure to check the inserted flyer for the leg guideline. ;)

Thanks for the heads up mate! But i highly doubt that i will ever transform it..

post-17939-0-53859200-1405338680_thumb.jpgOnly part of a toy. Does this count?
Ordered from Nippon Yasan last Wednesday and arrived on Friday.
That's service!

Edited by Moosey

Keep the pics coming, everyone. Great stuff!

Here are my latest arrivals. The large box was shipped from Jungle and the VF-27γ arrived from Hobby Search. I plan to display all of these when I get my Detolf lighting squared away later this week.

post-5492-0-43837200-1405460566_thumb.png

Guest davidwhangchoi

Keep the pics coming, everyone. Great stuff!

Here are my latest arrivals. The large box was shipped from Jungle and the VF-27γ arrived from Hobby Search. I plan to display all of these when I get my Detolf lighting squared away later this week.

attachicon.gifjungle_plus.png

Thats a great buy.

Not "new" by any means, but kinda new to me (again) as this guy FINALLY got to "come out of the closet" after some new cabinets arrived and freed up a spot for him to chill. I've had him since I was a kid and had to BEG and PLEAD with my mom to get me all 3 sets of vehicles. He's just so cool cause he's frickin HUGE! :wub: ...and everybody knows vehicle force was WAY cooler than lion force.... :ph34r:

post-11393-0-83641000-1405519671_thumb.jpg

the chrome shows signs of wear, but nothing to bad, I really don't notice it. All the parts that hold everything together are still fairly tight considering the age of the toy and the fact I played with the crap out of it as a kid! ^_^

Mine had a knee joint problem, the chrome was all worn out, and I think the plane "glass" was missing. Well played with.

I got a replacement leg and sold mine to fund the new one... which I then never bought until now. haha.

I still have the old broken leg.

Edited by Gakken85

She arrived this morning! My hopes and prayers were answered by the smiling gods of Mandarake! She is in absolutely perfect mint unopened untouched unadulterated condition!

The box has some minor scuffs & a little corner damage but it was still sealed! So put simply, I couldn't be happier! I never once lost faith in Mandarake!

I knew the YF-21 were larger than other Valks but dang she is a big sexy bird! And now sitting proudly on display with my other Macross Plus birds! Here is a pic of my new baby! :D

post-21335-0-56390300-1405558640_thumb.jpg

Edited by spanner76

One big beautiful blue bird, isn't she, spanner76? Any plans on getting another one for Battroid mode? ;)

Indeed she is! But nahhh won't be buying another.. would love to have multiples of certain Valks but funds and space are too limited at the moment..

Indeed she is! But nahhh won't be buying another.. would love to have multiples of certain Valks but funds and space are too limited at the moment..

I've never been a fan of the 21 in battroid mode, I didn't like the multi lens head. The VF-22s however looks awesome with the hooded visor look. And they share the same chassis, the only real difference is the cockpit. So my solution will be as follows

YF-21 in fighter

VF-22s Gamlin in fighter,

VF-22s Milia in gerwalk

VF-22s Max in battroid

That way you get to show off all modes in limited space with all variations of the 21/22 chassis (except that ugly 21 head! haha)

True. Budget first. (Thinking of next month's YF-30.) Hahaha! :lol: For me, this is one of the few Valks I want to have a multiple copies. Since my YF-21 already suffered from the exploding thigh syndrom, that one will remain in Fighter mode. And the one that I'm waiting is for Battroid and Gerwalk. But definitely it will stay in Battroid mode as long that I don't need to rotate the thigh. And good thing with YF-21 is once you rotated the thigh, you're good to go for Gerwalk and Battroid. So I still have something to play and transform with. ^_^

Btw, did you notice that all the Valks from MPlus kinda look like birds esp the in fighter form and the shadow they cast? Not sure if that's already mentioned but it's cool to notice it. :)

I don't think I'll get any 22's, it's not that I don't like the 22's but now that I have the 21 for my Plus collection and considering that I only really like them in fighter mode I think the one is enough! Also I have the 4x M7 VF-19's, so I'll just stop my M7 collection at them. I'd rather spend the money getting a few of the other VF-1 variants I'm missing from my collection anyways..

Btw, did you notice that all the Valks from MPlus kinda look like birds esp the in fighter form and the shadow they cast? Not sure if that's already mentioned but it's cool to notice it. :)

Yeah, that's one of the things I loved about Macross Plus when I first watched it all those years ago. Even the designs fitted the theme, like how you almost never see the ghost.

Guld and the YF-21 look right at home, spanner76. Congratulations on completing that part of your collection. B))

Congrats on the YF-21 Spanner!

thanks guys! I really am over the moon about it! Just got home from work and been sitting gazing in awe at her!

My wallet and I are happily ignorant of M7. We would like to remain like this. :)

Cool purchases though everyone.

I don't collect m7 either... other than the vf-11s haha

That's a real shame guys as the VF-19 range are just gorgeous things! B))