Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

A few recent purchases.. Yes not the cheapest that's been available but they both are in perfect condition! Very happy nonetheless!

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1390061.html

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1267334.html

Nice! I'd be very happy with both at those prices if they're un-opened or in perfect condition.

-b.

You all didn't think I just got the display cabinet, did ya?? Well Thanks to my good friend Benson13, I got hooked up with these goodies... Ah old school Mospeada and my 1/48 VF-1 CF. Oh yeah!!!

post-26268-0-08305200-1400987290_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-52559800-1400987290_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-93723600-1400987290_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-36827300-1400987291_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-82660700-1400987291_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-23438800-1400987292_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-64534400-1400987292_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-10125900-1400987293_thumb.jpg

post-26268-0-53854000-1400987293_thumb.jpg

Most recent additions to the family: Optimus Prime MP-10, Rodimus Prime, Soundwave with all four minions, Megatron. All from the Masterpiece Collections. Waiting for the following pre-orders to finally come in: VF-29 Ozma Colors and his Super Parts, VF-30 Chronos, Tornado Parts for my VF-25G Renewal. Finally I pulled the trigger on the SDF-1 DYRL from Mandrake....my wife's gonna kill me!! But I'll die happy. Tried to get the 1/48 Max and Millia from Yahoo...something glitched up and said I couldn't bid on it... <_<. Oh well in a month or so I will be on the hunt for those again. Gotta let the wallet catch it's breath!!

^Nice purchase. I was always hesitant to pull the trigger because I wasn't sure about how much articulation the figure had. It's too bad they never released the Justin Bailey variant.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Just in:

photo21_zps3e309021.jpg

photo_zps06072586.jpg

Bonus: picture of Strike and TV Super parts

photo41_zpsd70d5c6b.jpg

Now i have 5!!!!!!!!!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Nice!

The amount of purchases don't amaze, I love when people build their collection (of whatever it is they collect), what amazes me is that you haven't run out of space. Even when I lived on my own in a huge 2 bedroom apartment I was challenged with Yamato and Bandai boxes.

Now that I'm back home I have these things taking over two closets and my damn bedroom. :wacko:

-b.

^Nice purchase. I was always hesitant to pull the trigger because I wasn't sure about how much articulation the figure had. It's too bad they never released the Justin Bailey variant.

-b.

At first, I though read Justin Beiber.

^ take it slow. Be very careful in your build process, making sure that you check everything before you fix it. Especially the pins.

Just be careful and everything will be fine :)

-b.

The Figma Samus is great. I just wished they made a few more suit-variants with different weapon effects parts (I'd love to have a missile/super missile for this) and maybe an optional head without the helmet. I really like the concept of the D-Arts Rockman X figures where you can mix and match the different armor parts between the figure. I would have enjoyed this on the Samus toy as well.

I wish I had the extra cash to pay for premium prices :(

Just realized I'm such an idiot. Forgot to search Chogokin in japanese...

LOL! I can't say I really have the cash to spend on these things either but hey bills & savings can sometimes be secondary to the things you love!

I had been meaning to get the Macross Frontier Series of (renewal) Valks for a while now. And having ummed and arred about a few of them I did miss out on many good priced items on Mandarake and now regretting it..

So then I decided that if I saw them available at relatively affordable prices I would just bite the bullet and jump on em!

Im not so keen on the YF-29 variants and I'll see how it goes with the YF-25 Prophecy but I am definitely aiming for at least one or two YF-30 Chronos! So for the moment my collection is somewhat complete..

Edited by spanner76

Just recently picked up two unassembled VF-1A's. A tad intimidated by having to put it together and paint

Yeah, learning that lesson right now with my vf-25f kit that I'm painting right now. I'm a tad impatient, and I want to keep building, but can't since the paint has to dry. At least I'm practicing on that rather than the yamato, right?

This is my substitute for the Hot Toys Iron Man Mark IV... I wouldn't pay those prices that they are asking for it so I bought this instead.

1369299498_14304_FigmaSamus1.jpg

I have that, really like the figure.

The Figma Samus is great. I just wished they made a few more suit-variants with different weapon effects parts (I'd love to have a missile/super missile for this) and maybe an optional head without the helmet. I really like the concept of the D-Arts Rockman X figures where you can mix and match the different armor parts between the figure. I would have enjoyed this on the Samus toy as well.

That would have been really cool! Seems like a bit of a missed opportunity, still with the other really positive comments I may have to track one down.

@spanner 76 - congrats on the purchase, if it's something you really want/love and you're good with the price then I say go for it too.

-b.

Hi Gents,

What do you think about this future release?

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-113162

The question is about the manufacter, the expected product´s quality, etc.

As a huge fan of DYRL? I just decided to buy a valk related to it and this VF-1S w/strike pack looks awesome. By the moment I am not planning to start a valk collection and I dont care if it´s 1/48, 1/60 or 1/100 just want something that has good quality and that will look cool on my desk.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hi Gents,

What do you think about this future release?

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-113162

The question is about the manufacter, the expected product´s quality, etc.

As a huge fan of DYRL? I just decided to buy a valk related to it and this VF-1S w/strike pack looks awesome. By the moment I am not planning to start a valk collection and I dont care if it´s 1/48, 1/60 or 1/100 just want something that has good quality and that will look cool on my desk.

Thanks for the feedback.

That's a model, so if you can build then go for it. There's a thread for it over in the Model Section.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40444

-b.

Picked this up at the post office today, but with how rare and sought after this one's turning out to be, i'm seriously tempted to keep it sealed in the box and see how much the value goes up. Argh, i want to open it but i don't. Hmmmmm

post-2195-0-79977300-1401353568_thumb.jpg

Edited by cyde01

Picked this up at the post office today, but with how rare and sought after this one's turning out to be, i'm seriously tempted to keep it sealed in the box and see how much the value goes up. Argh, i want to open it but i don't. Hmmmmm

Personally I don't see it going up that much. Its probably going to hover around the same as the Alto and 30th one. If I had something like that in my hands I would not hesitate to open it :D Also don't forget that it may get a reissue like the other YF-29s (Isamu doesn't count).

Guest davidwhangchoi

Personally I don't see it going up that much. Its probably going to hover around the same as the Alto and 30th one. If I had something like that in my hands I would not hesitate to open it :D Also don't forget that it may get a reissue like the other YF-29s (Isamu doesn't count).

i'm facing the same dilemma, i don't think it's coming back for a while if they reissue or ever...