Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

I love buying stuff from Mandrake that says used and "box damage" that ends up being sealed and with no apparent box damage.

7XeOkkQl.jpg

120$ shipped is a steal, especially since the shipping was DHL 3 day!

Now to wait for a 17' to show up for a good deal.

DAMN! Good find... you aren't going to be using the decals pray-tell?

Is DHL cheaper than EMS shipping?

It's cheaper if it's to a business address, and soley depends on weight, anything 4lbs and under is cheap.

It's insured and tracking is the most up to date of any service.

This left Japan in the 22nd, and there was a holiday. DHL rocks.

It's normally 20-30$ per valk. DX and yammies are roughly the same.

1/55's are not, usually 60$ or so.

DAMN! Good find... you aren't going to be using the decals pray-tell?

Hmm, I dunno, I'll have to watch Dynamite to check the marking on her in the 5 seconds you actually see Gammy's 22'. lol

Okay, because I've already seen a ton of people sporting these display cases and since this message board is the first place I saw them, I'm gonna consider this display case a "Macross" purchase ;) :

gallery_3595_265_87829.jpg

It's a pretty big investment for a non movie/anime/game affiliated figure, but there's just so much awesome packed into it that I could help myself. Now I know why it's called the Fullmetal Ghost; it's been basically haunting my dreams! :lol:

It's also a whopping 18 inches tall, and weighs 7 kg (around 15 lbs).

Am in japan these few days and found a max and mira vf-22 going at below 20k yen each at B hobby, not sure if thats a good price

Also there is a boxless nora sv-51 at ahkiba's hobby off going at 10500yen, which i almost bought if not for not having any other macross zero stuff

Edited by Guyffon

That is pretty cool. Lots of nice features there.

Thanks! The fact that the cockpit lights up is awesome. There aren't that many accessories, though. The Ghost comes with a katana and fabric robes, and there's a fully-articulated pilot with his own weapon, and he's clad in real fabric. And that's about it.

I preordered one also - no idea where im going to put it yet :p

Also ordered this little kitty

tqTrbF3.jpg

LOL! Yeah, I'm really wracking my brains here figuring out where to display the fig when it arrives! That thing's so huge that it's too tall for the standard shelf space of a DETOLF! I'm actually considering getting it its own pedestal! :lol:

That is one awesome Zoid! I was tempted to get one myself, but then I realize I just don't have the skill to replicate that kind of weathering. But damned if that isn't one gorgeous mech.

I preordered one also - no idea where im going to put it yet :p

Also ordered this little kitty

tqTrbF3.jpg

That is one damn nice Shield Liger there! I've got the kotobukiya and old mechanical blade ligers and contented with it. :D

I just only realized that that Shield Liger's a ThreeZero product, and not a Kotobukiya kit.

That explains the killer weathering.

From Metal Gears to TWD zombies to Gundam, and now Zoids; is there anything these guys aren't making these days?

I was very tempted to buy that zoid, because it came already done out of the box, but like GU-11, no where yo display that work of art. You guys pulling in these great deals on VF-22 Gamlins make me want to search for one to complete the Macross 7 VF-22 trifecta! I have some items incoming, pics coming soon.

I was very tempted to buy that zoid, because it came already done out of the box, but like GU-11, no where yo display that work of art. You guys pulling in these great deals on VF-22 Gamlins make me want to search for one to complete the Macross 7 VF-22 trifecta! I have some items incoming, pics coming soon.

There's one more millia at $96 on mandarake. Been there since last week...I wonder if its due to the pink-ish red color that people are avoiding it?

That being said, I think with all the sales going on, preceded by the last panic buy, VF-22s/YF-21 is becoming scarce (guld/max/gamlin..not sure bout millia though) in the market now and prolly will garner enough demand by next year for arcadia to do a re-release? I dunno.

Okay, because I've already seen a ton of people sporting these display cases and since this message board is the first place I saw them, I'm gonna consider this display case a "Macross" purchase ;) :

Congratulations, you've made what is one of the hardest purchases to make. "Do I buy a display case, or do I buy another Valk?" I love the Detolf and they look great behind glass. Good call on the Dioders also.

I also pulled the trigger !

Some news (and pictures)

http://www.taghobby.com/1-0/1-1/taghobby專訪-bandai-x-threezero-重甲侍鬼/

Nice pics. Too bad I can't read a word of Chinese.

Having the Ghost pictured with actual people really give you an idea of just how big it is. Love the concept art, too. I really hope they'll include a booklet or something with some artwork.

I'm still wondering why they decided to give the pilot simian facial features. With those highlights across his eyes, he looks almost like Sun Wukong aka Son Goku.

I totally don't get what this is. cool Okawara art though.

It's a collaboration between ThreeZero and Kunio Odawara to create an original mecha. While it does take a few designs cues from Gundam, it's a completely original design, with a heavy samurai feel to it. It may or may not have its own fiction, but as far as I know, it's not affiliated with any known anime/manga/game.

Something along the lines of Abakan 2288, except the latter is just artwork.

Thanks! The fact that the cockpit lights up is awesome. There aren't that many accessories, though. The Ghost comes with a katana and fabric robes, and there's a fully-articulated pilot with his own weapon, and he's clad in real fabric. And that's about it.

LOL! Yeah, I'm really wracking my brains here figuring out where to display the fig when it arrives! That thing's so huge that it's too tall for the standard shelf space of a DETOLF! I'm actually considering getting it its own pedestal! :lol:

That is one awesome Zoid! I was tempted to get one myself, but then I realize I just don't have the skill to replicate that kind of weathering. But damned if that isn't one gorgeous mech.

That cockpit really stands out to me. Between it opening up and being lit, that is just plain cool!

That cockpit really stands out to me. Between it opening up and being lit, that is just plain cool!

I wish they'd bothered to paint the inside of the cockpit in gray or something. The naked blue plastic sort of breaks the realistic look of the heavily-weathered exterior. I mean, for 300 USD, it's only fair that the paid attention to the small details. Nothing major, though.

Wait. It just hit me now that I've seen the pic another time. You plan on keeping your detolf with your expensive collectibles in the baby's room?

It's a collaboration between ThreeZero and Kunio Odawara to create an original mecha. While it does take a few designs cues from Gundam, it's a completely original design, with a heavy samurai feel to it. It may or may not have its own fiction, but as far as I know, it's not affiliated with any known anime/manga/game.

Something along the lines of Abakan 2288, except the latter is just artwork.

Thank you for reference info! I was totally unaware of that book! :)