Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Do they put up the no box goods on their website? Spotted a SV-51 and VF-1d for 8400yen in the display.

I don't think they put alot of the stuff they have in the stores online, well macross stuff anyway. The Akihabara store had just as many Bandai Renewals as well as Version 1.0 valks as well as Yamato 1/60s, including a VF-4G for about $450.

I was tempted the pick up both, but I didn't want loose valks.

I was in Nakano last November but didn't find much Macross there! I must have missed a corridor or two? There is no way I would have missed so many macross related items if I had walked by it!

Which floor was it on? Relative location to the Mandarake flag store with the Tetsujin in front?

It was just to the right of what I assume is the main entrance to Nakano Broadway. Just right of the entrance from the picture below. When I got out of the JR Nakano station and walked up the street/alley that leads up to Nakano Broadway.

It was more a bunch of display cases along the wall on the right side with a cash register and a cute girl in maid cosplay running the stand. Sorry, I didn't think to take pictures of her at the time. I didn't see the display until me and my buddy were on our way out and the vintage 1/55 Super O caught my eye.

post-298-0-49863200-1386692640_thumb.jpg

Thanks. I must have walked passed it and totally missed it. I've been there three time since 2007 and never saw it. I guess my toy radar didn't turn on until I was in the general vicinity of the toys section. Next time, whenever that will be.....

I love Nakano Broadway! Right off the JR Nakano station. Mandarake "departments" are spread over several floors and mixed in with other shops. Last May almost gave up until I found the Valkyries tucked away on the 4th floor I think. There was a lot of walking. Then I had to decide between a Bandai VB-6 or a used VF-25F renewal Alto (before the reissue was released in August) ... it would've been $90 cheaper for me. But opted for the rarer VB-6.

Last month I found a VF-25A in Hiroshima at a Yellow Submarine. It was on sale for $110. But there was an additional surprise discount which brought it to $106. Came home happy! :)

After getting three packages today, and still having to pick something up from UPS tomorrow I think it might be time for a spending intervention;

Apologies to those that are offended by cell phone pics. -_-

-b.

Nice!

Went to my local B&M store, owner had 2 old kits laid aside for me that he found.

1/40 Orguss (transformable)

1/12 Mospeada Ride Armor Iron(plated version)

Both kits cost $45 me for the pair.

Haven't unpacked them yet to check on which kits, just threw them in the 'closet of doom'.

Not too fond of plated kits but the plating will be stripped soon.

Haha, yes, my shame has been revealed for all to see. What can I say? It may be over a decade old but my CRT monitor works like it did on day one of hooking it up so I am loathe to discard it.

As far as what I did to the leg of the Gundam, I just left the armour off to display the inner frame details.

Yeah I'm really enjoying my foray into Hot Toys. I was always kind of weary of them... as I mostly liked robots and thought action figures were crappy like McFarlane stuff... but HT really takes things to another level. It kind of reminds me of what Yamato did for Macross. Yamato made Valks that looked as good as a model kit, but had articulation and transformation. HT is doing the same thing for the movies by making stuff that looks as good as a statue but has the ability to move.

Love the packaging, quality, and all the extras.

It's cool to grab pieces from movies that I really connect with a scene or whatever.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I thank God I only collect mostly Macross and I can control the urge for other collectibles like all the cool stuff here or I'd be broke as hell.

Awesome stuff guys.

David, you call me Macross hoarder and you get 2 Max zentradi suit! :ohmy::lol:

heehee :rolleyes: i have many doubles.

photo23_zps5acda849.jpgphoto13_zpsdff48378.jpg

David, you going to put it onto your valks?

i have this guy...

photo22_zpsa9b76c14.jpgphoto12_zpse02bc216.jpg

i'm afraid to take stuff out bc i have no place to display stuff. so i keep everything in my boxes but they lie around my living room.

photo_zpsa9b06696.jpg

These are the valks (on the right) i keep out of the box to swoosh around (doubles) but i put them in their trays and cover them with the box art on top immediately after use.

Edited by davidwhangchoi