Jump to content

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.


Gakken85

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

My most expensive toy purchase in awhile.

710554951_PS5new.jpg.e730b5666f572320e00140f090c6db3f.jpg

I hope yours arrived in better condition than mine. I got one a couple months ago. It was like someone broke it over their knee. Straight from Sony. Practically zero packaging material. I was not impressed. At first I was going to get a replacement, but the return shipment was lost, so they refunded me instead and put me in the next lottery the following week as a guarantee. I didn't want to potentially deal with it again, so I passed on my guaranteed spot and stayed with the refund. At least my next credit card statement said I didn't have to pay anything because I had a surplus from the refund on the PS5 that I already paid the bill for :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Huh, DHL didn’t ring the doorbell.  Figma R-13A Cerberus and RX-10 Albatross showed today too.

9D9F69CA-FC31-4034-9996-A3F304C8AD6D.jpeg.3f2ddb5eb64b4f4ea27cd7d2513d1296.jpeg7B84A232-778C-445D-B077-F5A02D744388.jpeg.1394312332a748ab0817d93689257a10.jpeg

Awesome! Didn’t know GoodSmile made these Figmas.. I thought only QuesQ were making R-Type ships currently. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, MKT said:

Awesome! Didn’t know GoodSmile made these Figmas.. I thought only QuesQ were making R-Type ships currently. 

It's a tad confusing.  Figma did another one with the R-9A and the Dobber-whatever first boss from every R-Type game ever and now these two from Final 2.  Bandai has also made an R-9A from Final 2.  The QuesQ one is not from Final 2, the license says Irem, the original developer, whereas the other two are from Granzella who developed the two Final games.

These two were marked down in price before even releasing so it's probably safe to assume they aren't that popular.  I'd wager that even marked down to $85 for the both it's still too expensive for what you get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2022 at 7:51 PM, Gamma00Ray said:

I hope yours arrived in better condition than mine. I got one a couple months ago. It was like someone broke it over their knee. Straight from Sony. Practically zero packaging material. I was not impressed. At first I was going to get a replacement, but the return shipment was lost, so they refunded me instead and put me in the next lottery the following week as a guarantee. I didn't want to potentially deal with it again, so I passed on my guaranteed spot and stayed with the refund. At least my next credit card statement said I didn't have to pay anything because I had a surplus from the refund on the PS5 that I already paid the bill for :D

We'll find out when I hook it up! 

No visible damage to anything so far. If it's broken illegal just return it like you did. I can continue on my ps4 for awhile longer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2022 at 2:28 PM, Mommar said:

It's a tad confusing.  Figma did another one with the R-9A and the Dobber-whatever first boss from every R-Type game ever and now these two from Final 2.  Bandai has also made an R-9A from Final 2.  The QuesQ one is not from Final 2, the license says Irem, the original developer, whereas the other two are from Granzella who developed the two Final games.

These two were marked down in price before even releasing so it's probably safe to assume they aren't that popular.  I'd wager that even marked down to $85 for the both it's still too expensive for what you get.

Thanks for the info. :hi: I got an old Yujin gashapon R-90 from R-type III, which was the one I played the most, and for most part pretty happy having just that as representation of R-Type. Am weighing to get these Figmas, when I noticed that they made couple of Thunderforce Fire Leos, so might get that instead since I think Thunderforce ships are harder to come by.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kicker773 said:

Took a shot at it. 
A1F3536B-74A3-4891-A047-BC4A1E5FFC3D.jpeg.bb191ce74e37d9e983e784d18988f036.jpeg

Make sure you open and and see if all the parts go together. I bought this a few years ago and one of the main cannons was broken and I couldn't even put the thing together because nothing fit right. 

- Right cannon broken out of box

- left arm wouldn't peg in

- right leg wouldn't peg in so statue wouldn't light up.

I'm tempted to try again but I'm very nervous about it.

My experience here:

 

Edited by Grey728
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Kicker773 said:

Hopefully tomorrow I get to air it out. Yes definitely checking to see if everything fits and not broken. If anything is a miss, I’m covered. 

Where did you buy it from if you don't mind my asking?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2022 at 11:28 PM, Mommar said:

It's a tad confusing.  Figma did another one with the R-9A and the Dobber-whatever first boss from every R-Type game ever and now these two from Final 2.  Bandai has also made an R-9A from Final 2.  The QuesQ one is not from Final 2, the license says Irem, the original developer, whereas the other two are from Granzella who developed the two Final games.

These two were marked down in price before even releasing so it's probably safe to assume they aren't that popular.  I'd wager that even marked down to $85 for the both it's still too expensive for what you get.

 

Just as a general fyi for folks looking for R-Type merch, I don't believe Bandai has ever done an R-Type release of any kind.

Yujin did the gashapons in their Shooting Game Historica line (and a black 9A as a pre-order bonus for the original Tactics), A-Label did the 9A Arrowhead and 9D Shooting Star under the R-Type Tactics License in their Madou Gokin line, Good Smile/FREEing did the two Figmas as well as the Dobkeratops with a tiny clear 9A, and Ques Q is doing a 9A, which is out, and a 90 which is coming soon. Plum has also done a 9A model kit that has recently gotten a revamp for Final 2 and they've also indicated an interest into making kits for other ships.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken
spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kicker773 said:

So far so good. Everything is there. No manual though. Need to figure out which Bluetooth it is so I can start playing some Macross stuff. 
91314D4D-39C2-4CCE-8378-B99218BFF979.jpeg.8ebfb683aa1d00e75a2d931f7a9fd860.jpeg

24618706-0F0C-49C5-9919-86E76A159375.jpeg.d8a5f37aaabef7a6bba8dd768318897b.jpeg

12D6F472-D22C-47D3-8115-A316C6BFD1EA.jpeg.f8a144b2409e750df9c0fb0aad7997f6.jpeg

Glad you got a good one! We're one for three here. If I can't get that Metal Structure Sazabi I might just buy this as a consolation prize.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...