Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

:D You know deep down inside you really wanted Melda. How could you say no? She's so nice sitting there. :)

Yeah this is true! im glad I finally got her! I have already shifted my Yamato display around to accommodate her! :D

Nice pick up! Saburo has been trying to get me to buy more Yamato girls.

Hehe! Saburo must have shares in the company! :p

Nice pick up! Saburo has been trying to get me to buy more Yamato girls.

Yes, you should get more. :D

Yeah this is true! im glad I finally got her! I have already shifted my Yamato display around to accommodate her! :D

Hehe! Saburo must have shares in the company! :p

She'll look really good with the rest of the girls. I wish I was had shares in the company because then I would have the Iscandar sisters by now. :)

This guy came in earlier in the week:

attachicon.gifIMG_20141029_090639~2.jpg

Now taking his place next to Michael, for now (who was another addition this month):

attachicon.gifIMG_20141029_160154.jpg

Congrats, very nice!

I just wanted to say that i decided to buy a VT-1 in new condition for a fortune - most impulsive purchase this year, but i just want one now because tomorrow may never come, LOL - so considering just how many times an out-of-print item has been re-issued shortly after i have bought it, it is safe to assume the rest of you will be getting one too! :wub: I'm so scared to look at the shoulders though i may not even look !

I just wanted to say that i decided to buy a VT-1 in new condition for a fortune - most impulsive purchase this year, but i just want one now because tomorrow may never come, LOL - so considering just how many times an out-of-print item has been re-issued shortly after i have bought it, it is safe to assume the rest of you will be getting one too! :wub: I'm so scared to look at the shoulders though i may not even look !

You're getting it from eBay right!? Seems to be the only place you can find them but at a cost.. I see there is one nudging $1000.. (cries) I'll admit I have been tempted to do the same ever since I so stupidly chose to let mine go.. I guess one can only live and learn from their mistakes.. geez I feel so stupid.. To be honest I don't see them doing too many re-issues for the old VF-1 line, maybe money makers like the M&M's but that still seems like a stretch. And for the ones they did its like they were simply testing the waters.

Edited by spanner76

You're getting it from eBay right!? Seems to be the only place you can find them but at a cost.. I see there is one nudging $1000.. (cries) I'll admit I have been tempted to do the same ever since I so stupidly chose to let mine go.. I guess one can only live and learn from their mistakes.. geez I feel so stupid.. To be honest I don't see them doing too many re-issues for the old VF-1 line, maybe money makers like the M&M's but that still seems like a stretch. And for the ones they did its like they were simply testing the waters.

No, Anime-Export. It surfaced on Friday. The listing said that it was new and everything looked fine, but i have told myself to expect cracked shoulders already since they cannot check that without half-gerwalking it! I probably won't go that far either, and probably just open the box's lid as if testing if it's been rigged with explosives. I just love the rainbow canopy. And don't get me started on things i had skipped in 2012 that i have regretted. Brand new VF-1D Virgin Road for $100, shipped, twice. Both times i thought they would always "be" there. VF-1J weathering and VF-1s Low Vis each for $180 shipped. Never let them go if you like them!

Edited by Dimis

No, Anime-Export. It surfaced on Friday. The listing said that it was new and everything looked fine, but i have told myself to expect cracked shoulders already since they cannot check that without half-gerwalking it! I probably won't go that far either, and probably just open the box's lid as if testing if it's been rigged with explosives. I just love the rainbow canopy. And don't get me started on things i had skipped in 2012 that i have regretted. Brand new VF-1D Virgin Road for $100, shipped, twice. Both times i thought they would always "be" there. VF-1J weathering and VF-1s Low Vis each for $180 shipped. Never let them go if you like them!

well congrats on your find! hope it wasn't tooooo expensive! the VT-1 I had didn't have cracked shoulder joints so there is hope!

This happened.. I blame Saburo! :p

attachicon.gifMelda Deitz 01.jpg

Love this figure. Got this one for 3600 yen when I was in Tokyo.

Sorry I didn't get any Valks for October, but got some Megahouse Yamato 2199 girls. :D

Mori Yuki - Yamato Crew Ver A.

15074545624_c065d03472_b.jpg

15692577371_447eb5a8ef_b.jpg

15074545124_e485048a0e_b.jpg

I am in need of one of these. Great pictures.

Finally got this beauty in...

post-582-0-34789800-1415077199_thumb.jpg

Sorry if it's too big. Straight from my camera. Also picked up the RVF-171Ex

Hehe, I guess we have a Yamato 2199 bandwagon going on here at MW. Just got my Soul of Chogokin GX-64 Space Battleship Yamato (what a mouthful!) from Mandarake today along with an SOC Daimos. Too busy to take pics now though. :-)

Edited by brouken

well congrats on your find! hope it wasn't tooooo expensive! the VT-1 I had didn't have cracked shoulder joints so there is hope!

Thanks for the info. Sounded a bit like a prayer ! And again... were you crazy?! The might have gone into the Guinness book someday!

Edited by Dimis

Thanks for the info. Sounded a bit like a prayer ! And again... were you crazy?! The might have gone into the Guinness book someday!

I was more stupid than crazy.. or maybe just crazy stupid! either way I kinda hate myself for letting it go.. makes me wanna bash my head against something the more I think about it.. :angry:

tumblr_na0komf4At1tahg3go3_400.gif

and this happened.. I only bought this purely for the missiles n stuff.. was cheap and unopened. I don't actually own a 171 as yet, but might pick up a Luca 171.. maybe.. <_<

gahhh I gotta stop buying 5#!t and actually start saving money.. :wacko:

post-21335-0-78067800-1415094092_thumb.jpg

Edited by spanner76

Love this figure. Got this one for 3600 yen when I was in Tokyo.

I am in need of one of these. Great pictures.

Finally got this beauty in...

attachicon.gif2014-10-29 22.35.07_resized.jpg

Sorry if it's too big. Straight from my camera. Also picked up the RVF-171Ex

Jasonc, that was awesome deal on the Melda!

Thanks, the Medic Yuki is really nice. I would recommend adding it to your collection.

Congrats on getting the YF-19 addon parts can't wait to see your completed pics.

Hehe, I guess we have a Yamato 2199 bandwagon going on here at MW. Just got my Soul of Chogokin GX-64 Space Battleship Yamato (what a mouthful!) from Mandarake today along with an SOC Daimos. Too busy to take pics now though. :-)

Congrats on the GX-64 Yamato! I have one too, I had to put it back in its box because I don't have room to display it. :(

and this happened.. I only bought this purely for the missiles n stuff.. was cheap and unopened. I don't actually own a 171 as yet, but might pick up a Luca 171.. maybe.. <_<

gahhh I gotta stop buying 5#!t and actually start saving money.. :wacko:

attachicon.gif171 weapons set.jpg

I was considering doing the same thing, all I want are the missiles.

Jasonc, that was awesome deal on the Melda!

Thanks, the Medic Yuki is really nice. I would recommend adding it to your collection.

Congrats on getting the YF-19 addon parts can't wait to see your completed pics.

Congrats on the GX-64 Yamato! I have one too, I had to put it back in its box because I don't have room to display it. :(

I was considering doing the same thing, all I want are the missiles.

That was the primary reason for me getting the super parts for the CF 171. I just wanted more missiles. The super parts, I repainted, took some pics with them on the 171 and then put the parts back in the box and they haven't been out since. I got a lot more use out of the missiles.

That was the primary reason for me getting the super parts for the CF 171. I just wanted more missiles. The super parts, I repainted, took some pics with them on the 171 and then put the parts back in the box and they haven't been out since. I got a lot more use out of the missiles.

Looks like I may have to order some Armored part for 171 just so I can get missile for my YF-30. I wonder if anyone would be interested in buying just the armor parts?

If you're getting the RVF-171EX, you could just put it on that and if they do release Alto's NUNS wingmen, you could put the MDE particle cannon and anti-ship missile pod on one of those since that's all they were equipped with. Then there would be nothing wasted!

Edit: oh yeah, except the wings :p

Edited by MacrossJunkie

If you're getting the RVF-171EX, you could just put it on that and if they do release Alto's NUNS wingmen, you could put the MDE particle cannon and anti-ship missile pod on one of those since that's all they were equipped with. Then there would be nothing wasted!

Edit: oh yeah, except the wings :p

Thank you for suggestion MJ, but I think its best I not buy the any of the 171's. As much as I like them, I would want all the versions and knowing that the CF version will eventually break would drive me crazy. But I am considering getting the Armored parts. :)

Here are some new additions to my collection, sorry not Macross but Tokusatsu items!

From my favorite TV show as a kid Kikaider

S.H.Figuarts Hakaider and Kikaider

15509586579_00726fb8bb_b.jpg

15510655070_b79dc36fea_b.jpg

15510268197_0c8a65a63c_b.jpg

Also a new fancy belt. :D

IMG_3869_zps52ee51b7.jpg

Thanks Saburo! We actually have the same problem: I have officially run out of shelf space as well. Hehe!

Good news is that I found out recently that Ikea Indonesia sells Detolf shelves! I'm planning on getting a few (hopefully with my wife's blessing) to use for my growing collection.

My wife and I are actually watching Yamato 2199 now. Apparently, she didn't watch the original series (like the States, it was shown as Starblazers in the Philippines) so it isn't as nostalgic for her as it is for me. She's liking the story so far though. :)

I'm very excited to play around with my Yamato/Argo and feel very blessed to finally have one (I used to make cardboard models of this when I was a kid!).

One thing that I'm NOT happy about however, is the fact that Indonesian Customs have apparently DOUBLED income tax for imports. I had to pay through my nose to have this and my SOC Daimos released from the Post Office. :angry:

This isn't boding well for my toy collecting hobby... :(

Edited by brouken

Now you're making me want to get a GX-64 Yamato. <sigh>

Hehe, sorry! :D

I think that as long as you can get if for under USD200, its a good deal. I got mine from Mandarake where quite a few are being sold for that price.

For me, the Yamato/Argo ranks right up there with Voltes V and Daimos as far as 80's era anime nostalgia is concerned. :)

Thanks Saburo! We actually have the same problem: I have officially run out of shelf space as well. Hehe!

Good news is that I found out recently that Ikea Indonesia sells Detolf shelves! I'm planning on getting a few (hopefully with my wife's blessing) to use for my growing collection.

My wife and I are actually watching Yamato 2199 now. Apparently, she didn't watch the original series (like the States, it was shown as Starblazers in the Philippines) so it isn't as nostalgic for her as it is for me. She's liking the story so far though. :)

I'm very excited to play around with my Yamato/Argo and feel very blessed to finally have one (I used to make cardboard models of this when I was a kid!).

One thing that I'm NOT happy about however, is the fact that Indonesian Customs have apparently DOUBLED income tax for imports. I had to pay through my nose to have this and my SOC Daimos released from the Post Office. :angry:

This isn't boding well for my toy collecting hobby... :(

Haha.. running out of room. The story of the toy collector. I have Figs and Valks on my dinning table right now and all my shelves are full.

Be nice to your wife and I am sure she'll give you her blessing. Taking her out for a nice dinner will help too. :)

I watched Starblazers then later watched Space Battleship Yamato, it was one of my favorites. Then when 2199 came out I was very nostalgic about it and I liked the changes that were made. Now its one of my top 5 animes.

I had lots of playing with the GX-64, the sound effects are so cool. I fired the wave motion gun so many times. LOL

Yikes, that sucks. :( How much is the import tax in Indonesia?

Now you're making me want to get a GX-64 Yamato. <sigh>

Its an awesome piece to have, I'd highly recommend it. :D I'd take some photos but mine is boxed up right now.

Hehe, sorry! :D

I think that as long as you can get if for under USD200, its a good deal. I got mine from Mandarake where quite a few are being sold for that price.

For me, the Yamato/Argo ranks right up there with Voltes V and Daimos as far as 80's era anime nostalgia is concerned. :)

Under $200USD is a great price!

Although I was born in the Philippines, I never got to watch Voltes V since my family immigrated to the US when I was a baby. But my cousin remember Voltes V it was her favorite show.

Under $200USD is a great price!

Although I was born in the Philippines, I never got to watch Voltes V since my family immigrated to the US when I was a baby. But my cousin remember Voltes V it was her favorite show.

You owe it to yourself to watch the series at least once. But don't blame me if you order the 40th Anniversary SOC GX-31V as a result. :p

Yikes, that sucks. :( How much is the import tax in Indonesia?

Please don't ask. I'm still trying to get over it. What really gets to me though is that I'm technically supposed to be tax and duty free (I work for a diplomatic establishment). And I thought Philippine Customs was bad. :(

I didn't know you were born in the Philippines, Saburo! I agree with Abaddon that you owe it to yourself (and your Filipino heritage!) to watch Voltes V (preferably the English dubbed version that was done by Filipinos in the 80's! :D ) Voltes V had such a huge influence on our generation of Filipinos. It's what got me into Japanese pop culture (and toy collecting) in the first place!