Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

On 11/7/2021 at 10:55 PM, Angesdad said:

Jelly! The two Medicom RAH Eva’s I’ve missed and will never get to own🤣

I thought the same. But, there came up for auction of feeBay along with a Unit 02 all as one package for $1800. Yeah, a chunk. But new Unit 01 Awakenings go for about $3000 (they only made 360 of them) and new Unit 00's go for about $1500 (only made 600 of them). I hit buy it now as fast as I could!:p I sold the Unit 02 the day these showed up and ended up with $1600ish into the 01 Awakening and 00. Still a chunk. but certainly a bargain!

The PO for Unit 13 matures in December and I have a 09 in the box. That's the whole line kiddos! Time to start building a custom EVA display cabinet.:good:

57 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I thought the same. But, there came up for auction of feeBay along with a Unit 02 all as one package for $1800. Yeah, a chunk. But new Unit 01 Awakenings go for about $3000 (they only made 360 of them) and new Unit 00's go for about $1500 (only made 600 of them). I hit buy it now as fast as I could!:p I sold the Unit 02 the day these showed up and ended up with $1600ish into the 01 Awakening and 00. Still a chunk. but certainly a bargain!

The PO for Unit 13 matures in December and I have a 09 in the box. That's the whole line kiddos! Time to start building a custom EVA display cabinet.:good:

Wow a pretty penny but a bargain nonetheless considering current market for one of those! I am ok w/o the awakening but always wanted the winterfest 00. I do have a 09 and although it is quite similar to the 00 in the design and color theme, it just doesn't do it for me...I should have picked one up when it was about 600 bucks..6 years ago!:crazy: 

Edited by Angesdad

4 hours ago, Angesdad said:

Wow a pretty penny but a bargain nonetheless considering current market for one of those! I am ok w/o the awakening but always wanted the winterfest 00. I do have a 09 and although it is quite similar to the 00 in the design and color theme, it just doesn't do it for me...I should have picked one up when it was about 600 bucks..6 years ago!:crazy: 

Yeah, I was thinking that 09 was going to have to be my 00.....and I wasn't thrilled about it.:(

While wondering if Arcadia would consider a reissue of the VF-1D, I came across this little gem and snapped it up right away. (No option parts but I can live without those for now) 

The toy for its age is extremely clean & snug, only issue are those dreaded cracked shoulders, luckily I have a spare set from Shapeways and know how to fix it, for what I paid for this VF-1D, a small repair is worth it. B))👍

IMG_2480.JPG

IMG_2484.JPG

IMG_2485.JPG

2 hours ago, badboy00z said:

Just recently splurged on 3 new Valks. Had the VF-25S 2.0 since Frontier came out but bought the Siegfried, Kairos and VF-19 Advance all within 2 weeks after finally watching Delta. Spent more money than I should have but oh well. lol

20211118_151115.jpg

20211118_151204.jpg

20211118_151157.jpg

20211118_151149.jpg

20211118_151136.jpg

20211118_151519.jpg

That's one hell of a haul, I'll bet that Kairos cost you a pretty penny... but it's a damn impressive Valkyrie! 

5 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

While wondering if Arcadia would consider a reissue of the VF-1D, I came across this little gem and snapped it up right away. (No option parts but I can live without those for now) 

The toy for its age is extremely clean & snug, only issue are those dreaded cracked shoulders, luckily I have a spare set from Shapeways and know how to fix it, for what I paid for this VF-1D, a small repair is worth it. B))👍

IMG_2480.JPG

IMG_2484.JPG

IMG_2485.JPG

5upkkn.jpg.c676b899ba783cd11390e2091be72125.jpg

With a simple repair of swapping out bad shoulders for new Shapeways shoulders and we're good as new. If anyone else wants to do this repair and salvage the Old "Knurled" pins, make sure you file them down till they're nice & smooth. B))

Also, for everything the new DX can do, the Yamato V.2 still has one advantage with its removable cockpit. 👍

IMG_2500.JPG

IMG_2496.JPG

IMG_2491.JPG