Jump to content

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.


Gakken85

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

VERY

When you get a chance would you mind showing off some of it's posing capabilities with some pics?  Not a big deal if you can't just curious if I want to get into the line.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

When you get a chance would you mind showing off some of it's posing capabilities with some pics?  Not a big deal if you can't just curious if I want to get into the line.  

Just watch this video.

The poses they show at the end sold me instantly!

Edited by Slave IV
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm starting to cut back on both official and 3rd party TFs @tekering as it's just taking too much room in my collection, however I'll be getting selected ones though (plus I'm slowly clearing out my collection as well). 

You've got the space to display your collection while I have to cater to what I have presently with limited space and rotating display options, plus I have to keep my area reasonably cat proof as the fluff ball loves to go into my room and sleep where ever she finds space.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got to order an original Bandai DX Chogokin VF-27B sealed in box from Mandarake.com, can’t wait until it arrives!

Twich

Link to comment
Share on other sites

An evil person got me re-interested in 1:18 cars again.:diablo:

A saving grace is I dug out some I have had for 15-20yrs that I don't care about at all and a few of them are worth $$$$$$. So I sold them.

One of many inbound. It's almost impossible to get the General without chrome wheels (which they never were on the show).

Stupid doors won't open though.:p

IMG_9448.JPG

Edited by sqidd
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/9/2021 at 11:37 AM, sqidd said:

Perfect Grade RX78-2 Unleased. I comissioned it.

It's a bit difficult to tell from those extremely low-res pics, but it doesn't look like he painted your kit... just panel-lining and decals.

Is that what you were expecting?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, tekering said:

It's a bit difficult to tell from those extremely low-res pics, but it doesn't look like he painted your kit... just panel-lining and decals.

Is that what you were expecting?

Every part is painted. I asked him to give it a very clean anime accurate look that pops when it's on the shelf. Bright colors, etc.

If you look closely you can see how he used light grey against white on the armor to give it depth.

The pictures are crap. I'll try and get better ones when it arrives.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, sqidd said:

If you look closely you can see how he used light grey against white on the armor to give it depth.

That's precisely why I asked, see.  That's how the kit was designed; those light grey parts are molded in that color, just as the two-toned yellow boxes on the hip skirts are, and the vac-metallized silver on the back of the knees, and the shiny gold of the vulcan cannons on the head...  If he did paint it, he painted every part exactly the same color the kit came molded in!  🤨

It doesn't reflect the animation, or any of the video game renders, or any other Gundam reference material.  It's a distinct color breakdown unique to the Perfect Grade Unleashed, intended to provide depth and detail without requiring any actual painting.  That's exactly how the stock kit looks -- with all the stickers applied -- and painted versions I've seen locally don't look like that.

I mean, if you're happy with the aesthetic, I suppose it doesn't matter if anything was actually painted or not...  I just want to make sure you're getting what you paid for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tekering said:

That's precisely why I asked, see.  That's how the kit was designed; those light grey parts are molded in that color, just as the two-toned yellow boxes on the hip skirts are, and the vac-metallized silver on the back of the knees, and the shiny gold of the vulcan cannons on the head...  If he did paint it, he painted every part exactly the same color the kit came molded in!  🤨

It doesn't reflect the animation, or any of the video game renders, or any other Gundam reference material.  It's a distinct color breakdown unique to the Perfect Grade Unleashed, intended to provide depth and detail without requiring any actual painting.  That's exactly how the stock kit looks -- with all the stickers applied -- and painted versions I've seen locally don't look like that.

I mean, if you're happy with the aesthetic, I suppose it doesn't matter if anything was actually painted or not...  I just want to make sure you're getting what you paid for.

He gave me the option of weathering, battle damage, etc. I said I wanted to keep it really clean and vibrant. He did exactly what I asked him to do. Did I ask him to do the right thing? Who knows.:D

He did paint every surface. I know tat for sure. I could see it happening in the progress pics. He also sent me samples of the red and blue so I could pick the exact ones I wanted to have him use.

The "stickers" are some sort of "holographic" water slides. He didn't use the supplied ones.

He's doing Char's Zaku II next. I'm having him go for a more weathered/beat up look on that one.:good:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...