Jump to content

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.


Gakken85

Recommended Posts

I bought these two, two dollar magnets. I could not find the Macross' skull, so Capt. Harlock's will do. Weirdly the black color looks so much lighter on the picture. This is the panel where the European model has the blinkers [the American model has the blinkers at the front corner] . I thought they'd look bigger, but for four bucks it was worth it. Let's see how quickly they get stolen!

magnet Harlock.jpg

Edited by vlenhoff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So here is my newest order from HLJ, would have included a YF-19, IF it wasn't delayed.

So I decided to start a custom Yamato fleet, I have a box of the frigates on backorder. The Vic Viper was a impulse buy during a contest on HLJ.

20210902_184335.jpg.398a08ad66ab7a489b5469dc33635422.jpg 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Focslain said:

So here is my newest order from HLJ, would have included a YF-19, IF it wasn't delayed.

So I decided to start a custom Yamato fleet, I have a box of the frigates on backorder. The Vic Viper was a impulse buy during a contest on HLJ.

20210902_184335.jpg.398a08ad66ab7a489b5469dc33635422.jpg 

Nai wa~~~

 

(So bummed I missed the kumoko pre-orders)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Nai wa~~~

 

(So bummed I missed the kumoko pre-orders)

Ouch, yah she was too cute not to nab, plus her and Lucas will be haunting my window this Halloween. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Focslain said:

Ouch, yah she was too cute not to nab, plus her and Lucas will be haunting my window this Halloween. 

Btw, found out Good Smile is also making a plushie, already out of stock on HLJ, but Amazon Japan still has it.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/B097PHWMTH/

Edited by Sanity is Optional
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ValkAddict - The only way to save you from going unto "virutal insanity" on here us to purge yourself from this forum forever and not come back anymore. 

However I don't think your going to vanish from here as long as there is valks (unless we all ban you from logging on onto this website nes pas?). :p

Edit: added more details 

Edited by borgified
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, borgified said:

@ValkAddict - The only way to save you from going unto "virutal insanity" on here us to purge yourself from this forum forever and not come back anymore. 

However I don't think your going to vanish from here as long as there is valks (unless we all ban you from logging on onto this website nes pas?). :p

Edit: added more details 

^ ROFL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I haven't opened it.  I'll refer you to the best Transformers and 3rd Party Transformers reviewer on this forum @mikeszekely when he gets his and reviews it.

Thanks for the love, @sh9000

I've got the Ark pre-ordered at Pulse, but they don't seem to be in a hurry to ship it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recent Megazone 23 purchase arrivals:

After getting my first Garland toy from Arcadia back few years ago, I went on a hunt for the older Yamato releases, starting with the repaints. Kudos to @jenius for his reviews. The original Yamato red Garland always eluded me, in a sense it was tough to find one that hasn't had exploding metal bars or shoulders, or the very elusive red metallic gift set version with fixed joints & better paint.

So when the normal red appeared on Mandarake for super low price and with no remarks of damaged or broken joints, I jumped on it. Duly checked when it arrived and very stoked that all the joints are indeed intact on this copy..

202854820_RedGarland.jpg.071caea5ca73b5aecda4909f92332f04.jpg

 

 

 

As luck would have it, when it rains it pours, but in a good way. Right after the red Garland purchase, the red metallic gift set version suddenly shows up for sale elsewhere. I have never, ever seen this pop up anywhere before, so was even more excited with this purchase and the anticipation of it when the package was on the way.. :D

And so it finally arrives..

117545897_GarlandMetallicver.jpg.d703084228e63e9b60bd161a91767ab2.jpg

 

 

Although the DVD is quite obsolete now, the icing on this red metallic version is the VERY nice artbook that comes with it.. Can't wait to set all these up with the other Garlands.. :yahoo:

493647117_GarlandMetalliccontents.jpg.1c5a5b46147a24675e77c056597b7703.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/8/2021 at 12:49 AM, grymg said:

Tamiya Grasshopper 😃

 

IMG_4536.JPG

IMG_4537.JPG

This was my first real RC car as a kid! I loved it and used it up until it was completely broken and even repairs did not help any more 😪

(Still have a Madcap though)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2021 at 3:49 PM, grymg said:

Tamiya Grasshopper 😃

 

IMG_4536.JPG

IMG_4537.JPG

 

11 hours ago, CrossAir said:

This was my first real RC car as a kid! I loved it and used it up until it was completely broken and even repairs did not help any more 😪

(Still have a Madcap though)

Oh damn! I just realized after the repost that this is the Grasshopper! Is that still being produced? I guess you can't beat a tried and true classic that that?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, Tamiya is slowly rereleasing all of the classics.  I remember the Frog the most vividly out of all their old ones.  Always saw it perched on the shelf behind the counter but didn't have the courage to ever buy one, they were quite expensive.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

True. The Grasshopper is such a classic. My wish back then is The Hornet.

But if I really going to buy a Tamiya R/C today, I want to have the Porsche 959. Vroom vroom! B))

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, grymg said:

Yeah, Tamiya is slowly rereleasing all of the classics.  I remember the Frog the most vividly out of all their old ones.  Always saw it perched on the shelf behind the counter but didn't have the courage to ever buy one, they were quite expensive.   

 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

True. The Grasshopper is such a classic. My wish back then is The Hornet.

But if I really going to buy a Tamiya R/C today, I want to have the Porsche 959. Vroom vroom! B))

 

Bringing back so many memories! The Frog! Hahaha. I'm with you @no3Ljm 959! But I wouldn't want to scratch that one.:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Bringing back so many memories! The Frog! Hahaha. I'm with you @no3Ljm 959! But I wouldn't want to scratch that one.:D

What's so funny is that I've seen some video reviews of the Tamiya Porsche 959 and mostly say that the top is so fragile and it's hard to open it up from the frame. I wonder, if I should just scout for a 1/18 Porsche 959 diecast car to display with rather than to play with it. Hahaha! :lol: 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

What's so funny is that I've seen some video reviews of the Tamiya Porsche 959 and mostly say that the top is so fragile and it's hard to open it up from the frame. I wonder, if I should just scout for a 1/18 Porsche 959 diecast car to display with rather than to play with it. Hahaha! :lol: 

 

Lol, that's what I did.

cars_dsc06948-jpg.28168402

Three of my all time favorite cars!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Lol, that's what I did.

cars_dsc06948-jpg.28168402

Three of my all time favorite cars!

But I want the 959 Rally one. :rolleyes:

That's some cool cars btw. :good: 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

But I want the 959 Rally one. :rolleyes:

That's some cool cars btw. :good: 

 

Yeah, I'd take one too but I'm happy with what I got and not willing to pay the price for anything else unless I catch a new release without the aftermarket tax.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...