Jump to content

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.


Gakken85

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Knight26 said:

Not only a unicorn, but a prodigal son returning.
I was in the OG Low Vis Owner's Club back in the day.  Unfortunately I had to sell it when my ex destroyed our finances.
I found a local dealer who had two of them, worked with him before at a couple of toyshows and cons.
Imagine my surprise when I opened it and found my mark on the inner tab.
My baby is home.

 

20210605_160354.jpg

20210605_153225.jpg

20210605_153215.jpg

That's a great story!  Glad you were able to be reunited!  A great looking Valkyrie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/5/2021 at 7:05 PM, Knight26 said:

Not only a unicorn, but a prodigal son returning.
I was in the OG Low Vis Owner's Club back in the day.  Unfortunately I had to sell it when my ex destroyed our finances.
I found a local dealer who had two of them, worked with him before at a couple of toyshows and cons.
Imagine my surprise when I opened it and found my mark on the inner tab.
My baby is home.

 

20210605_160354.jpg

20210605_153225.jpg

20210605_153215.jpg

that is so awesome.  and damn i still want one of those...bad!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mechapilot77 said:

that is so awesome.  and damn i still want one of those...bad!

Keep an eye out on yahoo auctions japan. I’ve purchased 5-6 low viz (in minty condition) in the last couple years and never paid more than $250 shipped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/4/2021 at 12:35 AM, Slave IV said:

Thanks! That Galactus is a key piece that I have cherished since I got it. Feels like something may be coming to maybe make it obsolete but not really, I’ll still have that one around and it fits perfectly on that shelf. 

Get ready for the Four foot, $350 Haslab one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah...I don't want them to make it so I can save my space and money but if they do make it...

take-my-money-just-take-it.jpg

Hopefully they knock it out of the park.  I’m not usually an electronics guy but the additional light up features they added to the Sentinel really were impressive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got the Eaglemoss STO Bortasqu’ and Aelahl.  I pretty much hate every Federation design they’ve ever made but they seem to nail the progression of the Klingon’s and Romulans every time.  Bortasqu’ has some soft details unfortunately but the Aelahl is amazing in sculpt and paint detail.

A561971A-A565-4C77-979D-A0E7FB5274EE.thumb.jpeg.846ba11561158a02c48d3670f220cdb2.jpegE4381911-B7C8-4A08-B7CA-DB00694A3281.thumb.jpeg.185b8b48d24bbf32e5dd8729cca3e673.jpeg

Edited by Mommar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking forward to the Marvel Legends Retro Fantastic Four wave and a Haslab Galactus.

 

0F5E0F28-84FE-4F09-9F3F-4C45A78785E3.thumb.jpeg.e57598304e9886f81edfaacb2403cbd0.jpeg

Marvel Legends Black Widow Red Guardian and Melina.

B14E7FAC-4EB8-4A57-B600-F8B371C6EA89.thumb.jpeg.160a5468a54ecd1b6f40d34ad05599dc.jpeg

3C9F307D-DF09-4228-A17F-67D438ABC0BB.thumb.jpeg.75591f4a6427aa887d9692cf5f6e5aec.jpeg

01111DBA-07C4-4DD6-A2A2-B836F4101203.thumb.jpeg.4241140c0d52b065d1a57cb03db9deda.jpeg

DD547989-0DE7-4874-B650-9B77CEFD6B74.thumb.jpeg.c51cc10022a0a6b65c8fc62b1bf4059a.jpeg

A60A517D-5B36-4CEE-B73B-E5795B5872F5.thumb.jpeg.2eeb1819931ce24954181c7f0a886eda.jpeg

Marvel Legends Retro 3.75” Grey Hulk, Vision, Bullseye, Invisible Woman, and Ant-Man.

6D1783E6-021C-452C-95C0-D00E4C91F787.thumb.jpeg.0b1ee5afda993f1531b54762d39ad8fe.jpeg

3BC80E69-870E-4C39-B400-956146154AF8.thumb.jpeg.f3b4801f4dc0cd4821ebc6cd84c22d41.jpeg

918A7F1B-8B9A-433B-AE0A-BBE9AC25431F.thumb.jpeg.0476a58d5fe953e2eb339e7667c40af7.jpeg

Hot Wheels.

6E19823D-9149-4481-A7E1-73123AAFCEFA.thumb.jpeg.28a570285aa176e483155aeed1b16a82.jpeg

CA49A91B-6610-4783-8241-E11808E649BC.thumb.jpeg.69846b230498ec994fee6131901ff3f3.jpeg

Star Wars Black Series Lucasfilm 50th Clone Wars Arc Trooper Echo (3rd) and Obi-Wan Kenobi (2nd).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, borgified said:

I did not see that listing at all when was scoping out for deals @ValkAddict (plus it doesn't help if I didn't peek into Jungle for three days). :lol:

You got one of the grails in the Macross collection there. 

Thanks! I had been looking for many months and eBay listings made the item unobtainable for me. So I am very thankful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32C5449C-F37F-4ACA-8C46-83A18003CF35.thumb.jpeg.c1ba508f670f0595d5d7a987c1c5fefe.jpeg

Marvel Legends Disney Plus Winter Soldier and Loki.  Loki looks a little pale but other than that the face printing and likenesses on Bucky and Loki in person are excellent.  I’ll let my preorders with Dorkside come in for the rest of the wave.

DD980E8D-17D9-4AD6-A5FE-34C29CC9C1C9.thumb.jpeg.3e8f7347d42045294ce3faf3554adf29.jpeg

1/12 scale G1 Megatron gun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got my XL Nebula Class in the mail today.  Eaglemoss always has to goof something and this time it’s the stand, it causes the nacelles to slightly bend up and out.  Otherwise it’s actually a pretty great model.

F0F94F18-7922-4A52-A529-68C07ED53AA6.thumb.jpeg.149acab4b5cc7cb6147ac1691cbf6002.jpeg6C0DC508-817E-44F2-BEF5-05E9604F1D49.thumb.jpeg.e6a5c0e05d1978b761776886f4772540.jpeg11B1833C-DAF9-4CA1-86A6-C2B60CE87B75.thumb.jpeg.160b557e6f02bdec12069fb070b808e8.jpeg7FE04255-2498-4548-B510-A8BF96D84F0C.thumb.jpeg.2479514d92fd8d99c39948ad0ea0c3d9.jpeg10825D4F-8F18-4F3A-9D18-38F5CEC5BB1D.thumb.jpeg.5a7182bb632f11cb029801cb17a79bff.jpeg7AFD05F6-0119-406D-8C1C-F78415FA98F5.thumb.jpeg.ecbf0aa6f5e45084d2d7aa2ea9db4bfd.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Mommar said:

Got my XL Nebula Class in the mail today.  Eaglemoss always has to goof something and this time it’s the stand, it causes the nacelles to slightly bend up and out.  Otherwise it’s actually a pretty great model.

F0F94F18-7922-4A52-A529-68C07ED53AA6.thumb.jpeg.149acab4b5cc7cb6147ac1691cbf6002.jpeg6C0DC508-817E-44F2-BEF5-05E9604F1D49.thumb.jpeg.e6a5c0e05d1978b761776886f4772540.jpeg11B1833C-DAF9-4CA1-86A6-C2B60CE87B75.thumb.jpeg.160b557e6f02bdec12069fb070b808e8.jpeg7FE04255-2498-4548-B510-A8BF96D84F0C.thumb.jpeg.2479514d92fd8d99c39948ad0ea0c3d9.jpeg10825D4F-8F18-4F3A-9D18-38F5CEC5BB1D.thumb.jpeg.5a7182bb632f11cb029801cb17a79bff.jpeg7AFD05F6-0119-406D-8C1C-F78415FA98F5.thumb.jpeg.ecbf0aa6f5e45084d2d7aa2ea9db4bfd.jpeg

Wow that actually looks pretty nice! Might have to pick one up. Haven't bought any Eaglemoss in awhile as I'm mostly interested in the hero ships. Not really into STO stuff.

One ship I've wanted that I've never, ever seen in stock is the Negh'var. Freaking Eaglemoss.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Wow that actually looks pretty nice! Might have to pick one up. Haven't bought any Eaglemoss in awhile as I'm mostly interested in the hero ships. Not really into STO stuff.

One ship I've wanted that I've never, ever seen in stock is the Negh'var. Freaking Eaglemoss.

Your mileage may vary with how straight Nacelles, etc... are but I'm pretty happy wit the one I have here.

STO I'm not particularly enthused by but I do think the two I just got are great and should be canonical.  I think the upgraded Klingon ship makes a nice transition from the Negh'var, actually.

I think the details are kind of soft but you might just be in luck. https://shop.eaglemoss.com/us/hero-collector/star-trek/klingon-iks-negh-var

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New to this franchise and to this fourm but I am glad to be a part of it. There are the two Macross figures I have, YF-29 (2020 ver.) and VF-31C. 

I'm still blown away how can look so good and transform into an aircraft with almost no kibble on the bottom.

PXL_20210526_185331660.jpg

177382463_309007394137831_1328907055577316195_n.jpg

PXL_20210526_164836022.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Mommar said:

Your mileage may vary with how straight Nacelles, etc... are but I'm pretty happy wit the one I have here.

STO I'm not particularly enthused by but I do think the two I just got are great and should be canonical.  I think the upgraded Klingon ship makes a nice transition from the Negh'var, actually.

I think the details are kind of soft but you might just be in luck. https://shop.eaglemoss.com/us/hero-collector/star-trek/klingon-iks-negh-var

Funny, guess what arrived today?

887686545_warbird002.thumb.jpg.f374efa551fd384dda523c2f2b8dd9e4.jpg

Picked it up mainly because, based on the listed dimensions, it would scale really well with the regular Enterprise-D. It's almost perfectly in scale. The show never really emphasized what a monster of a ship the Warbird was compared to the Enterprise.

1867653513_warbird001.thumb.jpg.d72f0fc5f0d1a1aaeddc97259242c19e.jpg

825448067_warbird003.thumb.jpg.29793e35835dbcc32086334f200881c2.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Funny, guess what arrived today?

887686545_warbird002.thumb.jpg.f374efa551fd384dda523c2f2b8dd9e4.jpg

Picked it up mainly because, based on the listed dimensions, it would scale really well with the regular Enterprise-D. It's almost perfectly in scale. The show never really emphasized what a monster of a ship the Warbird was compared to the Enterprise.

1867653513_warbird001.thumb.jpg.d72f0fc5f0d1a1aaeddc97259242c19e.jpg

825448067_warbird003.thumb.jpg.29793e35835dbcc32086334f200881c2.jpg

So would you recommend the XL version?  I'm pretty happy with my mini D'Deridex.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mommar said:

So would you recommend the XL version?  I'm pretty happy with my mini D'Deridex.

Only if you absolutely love the Warbird design or really enjoy having it in scale with its primary adversary from the show like I do. And can get it with a 20% discount.

I actually don't know where I put my regular edition so I can't really make a direct comparison atm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...