Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

16 hours ago, sqidd said:

I forgot Corser won the Championship. I'm ashamed of myself.:( 

I loved my 2005/2006 GSXR's. One of the two best bikes I raced. And I raced a LOT of different bikes. No pics handy of the 05/06's. This 2003 will do.:p

gsxr.jpg.11871b40ec6c50b06bed88407f195191.jpg

That's mad!

6 minutes ago, spanner said:

That's mad!

I was extremely fortunate to have the connections, time, talent and money to have a good go of it. At one point I was one of the top privateers in the US and had offers to race internationally. It was never a career for me though. I got to do it for the fun and competition.

My other favorite bike(s). 2005 Ducati 999R with a whole lot of RS Corse parts the Factory WSB team would supply me with. I should have kept one of these for my office. I won five championships across multiple series on these (I had two).

68DB6DFD-CE58-4203-A7B3-2799B2D09B3B.jpeg.b19ba46580fb197bd2e6d5ec4a8305ab.jpeg

19 hours ago, sqidd said:

I was extremely fortunate to have the connections, time, talent and money to have a good go of it. At one point I was one of the top privateers in the US and had offers to race internationally. It was never a career for me though. I got to do it for the fun and competition.

My other favorite bike(s). 2005 Ducati 999R with a whole lot of RS Corse parts the Factory WSB team would supply me with. I should have kept one of these for my office. I won five championships across multiple series on these (I had two).

68DB6DFD-CE58-4203-A7B3-2799B2D09B3B.jpeg.b19ba46580fb197bd2e6d5ec4a8305ab.jpeg

That's a great shot! I really like the 999!

Been wanting one for years but the good ones are sooo expensive.. gotta just stick with the Suzuki's for now.. this is my brand new GSXR750 I got back in June this year. It's my first under 1000cc bike I've had in over 10 years!

It was either gonna be a used 1000cc or a brand new smaller bike.. so I settled on this and have no regrets. It's a fantastic bit of kit and still plenty fast enough! Don't need that huge power any more and this is so much more comfortable than my old K6 1000. Also it's nice to get something brand new for a change rather than someone else's crap they no longer want.

20200515_145635.jpg

50 minutes ago, spanner said:

Been wanting one for years but the good ones are sooo expensive.. gotta just stick with the Suzuki's for now.. this is my brand new GSXR750 I got back in June this year. It's my first under 1000cc bike I've had in over 10 years!

It was either gonna be a used 1000cc or a brand new smaller bike.. so I settled on this and have no regrets. It's a fantastic bit of kit and still plenty fast enough! Don't need that huge power any more and this is so much more comfortable than my old K6 1000. Also it's nice to get something brand new for a change rather than someone else's crap they no longer want.

20200515_145635.jpg

Awesome looking bike. I love sport bikes but afraid I’d get myself in trouble or dead. I have a big heavy old man Harley now. 

1 hour ago, spanner said:

20200515_145635.jpg

I love the coloring! I always got along really well with Ducati and Suzuki Chassis. They have a bit of a loosey goosey feel to them that worked for me. I was lost on Yamaha's. I could never extract that last 2-3 tenths. Most of the Honda's were a joke for a race bike (great street bikes though). I rode for an endurance team with ZX-10's. I got along with them pretty well. Always ended back up on a suzie or a Duc though.

The 1000cc bikes have gone insane. I can't beleive the power they make now stock. And all the gadgets are crazy too. I'd have to learn how to ride again with clutchless shifting and traction control.:unknw:

Unfortunately my motorcycle days are behind me. I miss it every single day. But I'll never be able to go as fast as I used to with the safety margin I need at this point in my life. And there is NOWAY I would ride on the street.......regularily. I rode a freinds Panigale with an Akro system and a hot tune in it this year on the street. Holy smokes. That think is WAY faster than full factory Superbikes were when I was racing. I turned the wheelie control off and it would hoist big fat power wheelies with no clutch at 120mph. Madness!:o So I did about 10 of those. Another reason I don't need to be on the street.:p

Edited by sqidd

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

I love the coloring! I always got along really well with Ducati and Suzuki Chassis. They have a bit of a loosey goosey feel to them that worked for me. I was lost on Yamaha's. I could never extract that last 2-3 tenths. Most of the Honda's were a joke for a race bike (great street bikes though). I rode for an endurance team with ZX-10's. I got along with them pretty well. Always ended back up on a suzie or a Duc though.

The 1000cc bikes have gone insane. I can't beleive the power they make now stock. And all the gadgets are crazy too. I'd have to learn how to ride again with clutchless shifting and traction control.:unknw:

Unfortunately my motorcycle days are behind me. I miss it every single day. But I'll never be able to go as fast as I used to with the safety margin I need at this point in my life. And there is NOWAY I would ride on the street.......regularily. I rode a freinds Panigale with an Akro system and a hot tune in it this year on the street. Holy smokes. That think is WAY faster than full factory Superbikes were when I was racing. I turned the wheelie control off and it would hoist big fat power wheelies with no clutch at 120mph. Madness!:o So I did about 10 of those. Another reason I don't need to be on the street.:p

I've had several brands myself but always seem to return to Suzuki. Yeah true some do feel a little on the softer side than other brands but it makes easy to handle and more forgiving.

I'd say my favourite of all the other bikes I've had previously would be the 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R. Rode well, went well, looked and sounded great. And not too peaky for a 600 unlike the Yamaha R6 I had which all action in the top end..

I did track work varying from ride days to club racing for about 8 years but gave it away in about 2015. I found that I couldn't go any quicker without spending BIG bucks and wasn't so keen on riding beyond my limits and the ever rising costs was also a contributing factor. I did also stop street riding for about 18 months as the bike was my primary means to and from work but it got too scary a ride from where we lived. After we moved the ride was much closer and on better roads so I bought this 750. I do miss the track but I'm definitely enjoying riding to work semi regularly.

I'd really like to do more leisure riding but since all this Covid crap happened no one has been riding much if at all unfortunately.

19 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Nice! 1/100 scale?

It's the Matchbox Top Gun aircraft carrier playset.  You can get them at Walmart for $20. Not bad custom fodder.  It's nice to have something to put the little valkyries on.  You can find similar aircraft carrier toys on Amazon and discount stores, but the working elevator sets this one apart from the rest, IMO.  And, it seem to be the cheapest priced, although not as big as some of the others.

Edited by sharky

The Udvar-Hazy extension to the Air & Space Museum has one you can walk right up to (along with a ton of other awesome planes, including the Enola Gay, the shuttle Discovery, and I think the only Dornier 335 still in existence.

DSC01890.JPG.7b2e7930481003b3e949381a40aef2cf.JPG

We spent a lot of time there when the kids were little, especially on rainy days because it is essentially huge hangers stuffed with planes and, more importantly, outside of parking it is free.

And when I said you could run right up to it, my kids when they were little did:

DSC01854.JPG

If you come to the DC area, it is definitely a must see. You can see the A&S Museum downtown and then take the free shuttle to Udvar-Hazy if you want the trip totally free.

Edited by vladykins

On 8/23/2020 at 6:32 PM, Slave IV said:

I think it’s closer to 1/250 or smaller for real scale. That’s a Gashapon Valk on it. 

18 hours ago, sharky said:

It's the Matchbox Top Gun aircraft carrier playset.  You can get them at Walmart for $20. Not bad custom fodder.  It's nice to have something to put the little valkyries on.  You can find similar aircraft carrier toys on Amazon and discount stores, but the working elevator sets this one apart from the rest, IMO.  And, it seem to be the cheapest priced, although not as big as some of the others.

Ooooh very cool.  Thanks for the info guys!  I'm really digging the idea of it.  Keeping my eye out for the Calibre one as that might work well with the KC 1/72 Valks.

3 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Ooooh very cool.  Thanks for the info guys!  I'm really digging the idea of it.  Keeping my eye out for the Calibre one as that might work well with the KC 1/72 Valks.

Yeah, I'm still interested in the Calibre Wings one. I think it could work well for HMR to Arcadia VF-1s and everything in between.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 4:42 PM, tekering said:

This is the oldest toy I've ever purchased...

1978.jpg.7ef93492992afe4fcc12c170f0a6bd79.jpg

...one of the only Star Wars toys I never even saw as a child, actually.

Is that an actual old school Kenner Tusken Raider with issued gaderfii stick?

Back in the day mine was a secondhand version armed with a sprue/melted on pencil sharpener blade polearm.

Amazon had Iron Patriot for cheap so I got one at last.

More excited about the Cobi Vought F4U Corsair, the finest propeller-driven aircraft ever created. All those poorly trained Japanese pilots and their outdated Zeroes didn't stand a chance. :cray:

IMG_20200826_115305.jpg.f8dd5ce54913c5757a438d6d7fe5afc8.jpg