Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

11 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Haha. Good pose!

Thanks! And thanks for getting me into these. I’m loving it more and more. Already ordered two versions of their Jazz now too. 

I don’t want to got too deep in this game but they remind me of the displayability and playability of HMR.  Very dangerous. :lol:

44 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks! And thanks for getting me into these. I’m loving it more and more. Already ordered two versions of their Jazz now too. 

I don’t want to got too deep in this game but they remind me of the displayability and playability of HMR.  Very dangerous. :lol:

Too true.

But oh so fun!

43 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, I’ve been letting my kids play with it along with some other high end toys lately and they love this stuff!

Awesome.

Look into the Insecticons set. These little critters are ultra fun. Kids like bugs and if you make it transform it’s an instant win in their book!

Pure creepy and delightful fun.

19 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Awesome.

Look into the Insecticons set. These little critters are ultra fun. Kids like bugs and if you make it transform it’s an instant win in their book!

Pure creepy and delightful fun.

I’ll check them out but again, never planned to get into this line. I did hear they come with energon cubes so that is an incentive. 

High museum quality piece right there @DYRL VF-1S, plus encased in a proper shrine with proper lightening for all to see! 

Can we all give you a bottle of Hibiki/Hakushu/Yamakazi for admission fees after this worldwide quarantine is over?  ;) :D 

Edited by borgified

On 4/17/2020 at 1:00 AM, Shizuka the Cat said:

Thank you very much!  

Must resist temptation to pursue a graduate degree in mathematics next. 

*sigh*  I must be allergic to making money  *sigh*

Congrats Shizuka!

Look at it this way. When you earn money, you can buy a lot more valks instead! :diablo:

(Enabler mode off)

Seriously, my hobbies are my inspiration to keep on working. Although with Covid-19 I've really been just scratching off a lot of items on my buying wishlist. But once I'm done with some insurance payments next year I'm gonna be back to my shopping spree online! :D

Upcoming AFC 1/100 releases:

Volume 52 Saudi Air Force Tornado IDS 2008

Volume 53 US Air Force F-15E Strike Eagle 366th Fighter Wing 391st Fighter Squadron 2010

Volume 54 JASDF F-4EJ Kai 302nd Squadron Final Marking (Black) 2019

11 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Worthy of another drool. 

10 hours ago, borgified said:

High museum quality piece right there @DYRL VF-1S, plus encased in a proper shrine with proper lightening for all to see! 

Can we all give you a bottle of Hibiki/Hakushu/Yamakazi for admission fees after this worldwide quarantine is over?  ;) :D 

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

DX quality really slipping.

j/k it's a pretty neat find from the before times

Thanks guys!  Right @Lolicon ?!  I was bamboozled when I bought this DX. haha. 

@jenius My decal/sticker sheet wasn't die-cut/kiss-cut.  Do you (or anyone else) happen to know if that is a thing with some of these early 1/55's or do I have some kind of manufacturing mistake?

My younger brother has finally had nostalgia hit him hard for all the Robotech he grew up watching, which has led both of us to consuming every single Macross show in existence. While we both decided to aim for collecting higher end figures ( DX CHOGOKIN VF-1J shall be mine one day!), I could not resist buying this 'masterpiece' for fairly cheap (MIB for $60us, shipping included) to see how it compared to the Jetfire I owned.

So yeah, these guys do feel like garbage in hand (and of course the light electronics no longer work) but decent for the times and for what I spent on it. 

20200427_124124.jpg.51b24e3c54eac9583fd75dfd28b8a2fe.jpg

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

DX quality really slipping.

j/k it's a pretty neat find from the before times. :good:

I would argue that the quality of that figure is better than the current DX...at the expense of overall looks and articulation. I could bludgeon someone to death with that figure and transform it afterwards with no issue. 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

I would argue that the quality of that figure is better than the current DX...at the expense of overall looks and articulation. I could bludgeon someone to death with that figure and transform it afterwards with no issue. 

Maybe, but I don't think that's really on anyone's checklist. :acute:

Quality means different things to different people when it comes to figures.

For some it's weight/heft, for some accuracy to various manuals or on-screen depictions, for some it's aesthetic appeal, for some durability, or ease/quality/accuracy of transformation, or articulation, or other measures.

9 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Quality means different things to different people when it comes to figures.

For some it's weight/heft, for some accuracy to various manuals or on-screen depictions, for some it's aesthetic appeal, for some durability, or ease/quality/accuracy of transformation, or articulation, or other measures.

True, but based on that it was unfair to say DX quality is dropping in that example. Anyways, we are having fun casual talk here so NBD.

15 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

E7890321-BF58-4449-BD95-509399EBA43A.jpeg

OMG, you took that 8 million dollar MISB unit out to display?!?!?! I told you to do that to see if you would!! Kind of like, "I'll bet you won't jump off that bridge........wuss".!:p

j/k, that sucker needs to be on display. So awesome.:good:

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

OMG, you took that 8 million dollar MISB unit out to display?!?!?! I told you to do that to see if you would!! Kind of like, "I'll bet you won't jump off that bridge........wuss".!:p

j/k, that sucker needs to be on display. So awesome.:good:

LMAO.... yuuuup.  Way to enable.  Pretty sure that @Slave IV has done the same in the past.  Really glad I did btw.  LOVE it there in that lofty display case.

13 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

If it was an original Takatoku I'd keep it in its box. But it's the Bandai reissue, so go ahead and bash it around like it was meant to be. :)

I don't think there is a Takatoku issued 1/55 DYRL VF-1S Strike Valkyrie. 

Edited by crackpot

28 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

If it was an original Takatoku I'd keep it in its box. But it's the Bandai reissue, so go ahead and bash it around like it was meant to be. :)

15 minutes ago, crackpot said:

I don't think there is a Takatoku issued 1/55 DYRL VF-1S Strike Valkyrie. 

Yeah...there is no reissue and it was only Bandai.  This is an original.  It was perfectly sealed in pristine condition.  I've had it for about a year like that and finally decided to open it.  I typically live by the mantra that collectible toys are meant to be displayed and played with.  Though this one will likely stay in its display haha.  And I'm not going to mess with the decals.  Hopefully, I can find a quality repro at some point.  The decals were in such great shape (no bubbles, etc.) that I was able to get great scans at 600 dpi.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

I purchased a Yamato v2 VF-1J from Mandarake reasonably cheap!

Has the later hip joint version, no cracked shoulder joints and no obvious signs of yellowing.

It's definitely good to have one of these little beauties again! Feels sooo much smaller than the 1:48 DX toys.

20200427_150830.jpg

20200427_150823.jpg

28 minutes ago, spanner said:

Has the later hip joint version, no cracked shoulder joints and no obvious signs of yellowing.

It's definitely good to have one of these little beauties again! Feels sooo much smaller than the 1:48 DX toys.

20200427_150830.jpg

20200427_150823.jpg

Looking good!

12 hours ago, spanner said:

20200427_150830.jpg

20200427_150823.jpg

Spanner! Stop selling off all your valks just to turn around and buy them again! :acute:

On 4/28/2020 at 10:13 PM, Lolicon said:

Spanner! Stop selling off all your valks just to turn around and buy them again! :acute:

Hehe! I know right! I definitely have regret letting certain stuff go. I would like to get more 1:60 back again but I think I would rather focus my efforts and funds towards the newer 1:48's.

I was happy to get the VF-1J again as it was one of if not the first v2 1:60 Valkyrie I got way back in the day. Definitely miss having one of these little gems!