Jump to content

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.


Gakken85

Recommended Posts

Initially I had 4 Jetfires and 1 chunky KO which I started customizing. 3 of which were junkers that needed fixes of one sort of another.  2 customs were finished - a Roy and a VF-1D.

Then last October I dropped a chunk of change to buy someone's collection which included 6 of the Bandai Reissues.

I've yet to photograph the collection.  The only chunkies which elude me (and I'm fine with that, really) are the VE-1 and VT-1.

Long live the chunkies!

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see that the question was being asked of someone specifically.

Edited by Mazinger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

How many Chunkies do you have now?

I have a sealed DYRL VF-1S Strike, and then 7 of the 2001 & 2008 re-issues, plus 1 Jetfire (if we want to count him).  I prefer the re-issues because of the tampo and the grey tones on the 2008 series (preventing yellowing).

58 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

The only chunkies which elude me (and I'm fine with that, really) are the VE-1 and VT-1.

Long live the chunkies!

Yeah I'm in the same boat.  Don't really care to hunt down the VE-1 or VT-1.  The DYRL VF-1S Strike cost me an arm and a leg (maybe even my first born...verdict is out on that) so I don't want to pay out the same for those.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BDA211D8-0A8D-40BF-8EB7-363E0602715F.thumb.jpeg.230b73dc994944ffe85d1c051d2c6667.jpeg

I love the 1/55 reissues and wish they put out more releases.  Mine are all still MIB and since the boxes have no tape I carefully opened one of my CFs and gave it an extra VF-1J head before returning it to the box.

6DFAD06C-01A2-46EF-B534-99C82C00E350.jpeg.7ffdfb915ea0a0b1048c802e0b5ad9aa.jpeg

Edited by sh9000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

BDA211D8-0A8D-40BF-8EB7-363E0602715F.thumb.jpeg.230b73dc994944ffe85d1c051d2c6667.jpeg

I love the 1/55 reissues and wish they put out more releases.  Mine are all still MIB and since the boxes have no tape I carefully opened one of my CFs and gave it an extra VF-1J head before returning it to the box.

 

You're killing me over here! I want!:good::hi:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

BDA211D8-0A8D-40BF-8EB7-363E0602715F.thumb.jpeg.230b73dc994944ffe85d1c051d2c6667.jpeg

I love the 1/55 reissues and wish they put out more releases.  Mine are all still MIB and since the boxes have no tape I carefully opened one of my CFs and gave it an extra VF-1J head before returning it to the box.

6DFAD06C-01A2-46EF-B534-99C82C00E350.jpeg.7ffdfb915ea0a0b1048c802e0b5ad9aa.jpeg

I have all of these minus the Max 1A.  Just haven't been motivated to get him yet though I'm sure that I will eventually.  I've been dying to open my VF-1S Strike, but I don't want to do it until I can get someone to do a solid repro sticker sheet for me.  I've attempted to get Toyhax (Reprolabels) and TFKingdom to do it as custom to no avail.  I've also reached out to individuals to no avail.  *Sigh*  One day.  Or I'll just find another Strike that is open and in good shape.

I love to open my collection so the Strike just seems too naked without the decals for my tastes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

You're killing me over here! I want!:good::hi:

:good:

8 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I have all of these minus the Max 1A.  Just haven't been motivated to get him yet though I'm sure that I will eventually.  I've been dying to open my VF-1S Strike, but I don't want to do it until I can get someone to do a solid repro sticker sheet for me.  I've attempted to get Toyhax (Reprolabels) and TFKingdom to do it as custom to no avail.  I've also reached out to individuals to no avail.  *Sigh*  One day.  Or I'll just find another Strike that is open and in good shape.

I love to open my collection so the Strike just seems too naked without the decals for my tastes.

I would get another Strike Valkyrie to open and keep the other one mint.

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice 1/55s @sh9000!

I'm not sure how many I have but it's my all time favorite toy, period. So, I should probably get some more someday. I still think we will get reissues at some point.

Thanks.

36694B28-B9F4-4038-A25A-EB20DE89D434.jpeg.fe0e428242863284459d24269fb5ca5c.jpeg

This one is still my favorite 1/55 KO.

1 hour ago, 68whiskey said:

Wow.. How did I not know they had a knight rider hot wheels

 

*heads over to ebay*

Yeah there’s a regular release KITT and a Retro release KITT, KARR, and KITT SPM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nathans82 said:

Got some Valk goodness in. DX Chogokin SV-262 Keith and Yamato 1/60 VF-1S Hikaru with Super & Strike Parts. I blame @Slave IV @borgified & others for getting me into Delta Valkyries, but they are are great birds!

91069781_10216936218257228_321133437706567680_o.jpg

Haha, who me?:p

Congrats on some nice pickups! If I had pics of my SV-262 with Super Parts, I’d totally use them to try to convince you to get those too. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nathans82 said:

Got some Valk goodness in. DX Chogokin SV-262 Keith and Yamato 1/60 VF-1S Hikaru with Super & Strike Parts. I blame @Slave IV @borgified & others for getting me into Delta Valkyries, but they are are great birds!

91069781_10216936218257228_321133437706567680_o.jpg

They are! Hopefully you can find the ones you want at a reasonable price. Prices for Mirage and Arad are a bit out of hand...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nathans82 said:

Got some Valk goodness in. DX Chogokin SV-262 Keith and Yamato 1/60 VF-1S Hikaru with Super & Strike Parts. I blame @Slave IV @borgified & others for getting me into Delta Valkyries, but they are are great birds!

91069781_10216936218257228_321133437706567680_o.jpg

 

53 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, who me?:p

Congrats on some nice pickups! If I had pics of my SV-262 with Super Parts, I’d totally use them to try to convince you to get those too. :D

Someone has got your back @Slave IV (plus one additional from me as well.) Will this push @nathans82 over the edge?  :lol: 

IMG_20191231_165401.jpg

20200107_150139.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Finally got these two up over the weekend

9E4EDFA0-18AE-4FE3-9E79-AF57BA8F8C6F.jpeg

Are those the PF editions?

Crazy me thought of buying the old Yamato editions and swapping out the front fuselages for the rainbow canopy, but that would cost a lot and the Yamato white wouldn't match the Arcadia white. :(

Got my Mark XLV set up. It's my least favorite Iron Man suit (outside the "House Party" suits) but Hot Toys really made it look amazing.

Hope they reissue the other suits I missed out on. The aftermarket on those are even crazier than Bandai stuff. 

49716852932_0aeb174c1d_o.jpg

Edited by Lolicon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Are those the PF editions?

Crazy me thought of buying the old Yamato editions and swapping out the front fuselages for the rainbow canopy, but that would cost a lot and the Yamato white wouldn't match the Arcadia white.

Yes, sir! I'm really enjoying them.  And if anyone can do those customs it would be you!  haha.  But, yeah I think the different whites would drive me nuts.  Considering the cost and time to do it, it doesn't sound like it'd be a satisfying project.  I get pretty OCD with stuff like that.  That's why I don't even mess with custom stuff.  I don't have a steady hand for any of it.  Even when I get stuff looking ok, I see too many flaws in it.  Sooo, I just admire your stuff and others' from a distance haha. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yes, sir! I'm really enjoying them.  And if anyone can do those customs it would be you!  haha.  But, yeah I think the different whites would drive me nuts.  Considering the cost and time to do it, it doesn't sound like it'd be a satisfying project.  I get pretty OCD with stuff like that.  That's why I don't even mess with custom stuff.  I don't have a steady hand for any of it.  Even when I get stuff looking ok, I see too many flaws in it.  Sooo, I just admire your stuff and others' from a distance haha. 

No it would cost too much and take too much time, and would make my PF versions obsolete. Also, I already finished Miria so I don't want to do that one all over again.

I'll just have to live with no rainbow canopies for M&M. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In theory, you could pop off the pieces holding the canopies, and just swap those, but it would depend entirely on how much glue Arcadia used on that part.  I don't believe they use anything stronger than CA glue, so I don't think the parts should be molten together, but you still risk breaking things trying to get them apart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OMG you saw humans today? I miss humans. Some of my best friends were humans. Unfortunately, even in the best of times, about 50% of humans are below average. Sorry it was an unpleasant experience. I know we're all looking forward to having some feeling of normalcy. In the meantime, at least we have Animal Crossing on the Switch. :)

I purchased a VF-4G Focker from CDJapan. They shipped it to my old address. It got shipped back to Japan just as things were going from bad to crazy bad. CDJapan re-shipped it to the correct address two weeks ago and it's still hasn't moved beyond "in collection." Bummed but it is giving me time to get caught up on some other reviews.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

This was a gift, and I like it more than I thought I would. A friend saw pictures of my Swordfish II, and he gave me Spike for my birthday :good:

1489744080_Spikesmall.thumb.jpg.023442267c81cadde09d63f445a1dd55.jpg

Sweet!

You have a very nice friend. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, kkx said:

Sweet!

You have a very nice friend. :)

Yes Sir, and i don't take them for granted. I had gifted him several One piece Medicom figures, and I even made an illustration of him being Luffy, and printed it in a big canvas. He has one of the biggest Medicom collections I have ever seen! I am actually in the process of repriinting it, as i am not happy with some of the proportions. 

301481179_gatessteen2macrossworld.thumb.jpg.f72dbca57be1354015fc6c4643a1dc1a.jpg

Edited by vlenhoff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Yes Sir, and i don't take them for granted. I had gifted him several One piece Medicom figures, and I even made an illustration of him being Luffy, and printed it in a big canvas. He has one of the biggest Medicom collections I have ever seen! I am actually in the process of repriinting it, as i am not happy with some of the proportions. 

301481179_gatessteen2macrossworld.thumb.jpg.f72dbca57be1354015fc6c4643a1dc1a.jpg

Nice artwork @vlenhoff.  I need to get back to doing more painting and drawing.

FDCE905F-F2B9-49B1-8250-002E474029C9.thumb.jpeg.6109b15afaba343106bd8b717fb1616a.jpeg

52CDF294-C868-4EEE-B641-0EA20D8B724C.thumb.jpeg.64a5a6c65a0d2fd53e28c8440a604ae5.jpeg

More Hot Wheels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Just what the MG Full Armor Thunderbolt needed: EVEN MORE WEAPONS!

I kid, but seriously beware of "weapon fatigue" if you do this at the same time as the rest of the suit.

I really like the hangar to display the armor off the Thunderbolt :wub: Im definitely not building it at the same time as the kit... its probably why i have been putting off the Psycho Zaku. That backpack is like an entire kit on its own :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

I really like the hangar to display the armor off the Thunderbolt :wub: Im definitely not building it at the same time as the kit... its probably why i have been putting off the Psycho Zaku. That backpack is like an entire kit on its own :lol:

I9R1Hol.jpg

Yup, it looks good.

Working on my Thunderbolt right now, definitely going to take a break and do something less complicated after though rather than move on to the Psycho Zaku.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I9R1Hol.jpg

Yup, it looks good.

Working on my Thunderbolt right now, definitely going to take a break and do something less complicated after though rather than move on to the Psycho Zaku.

Same here im working on Lunamaria's Gunner Zaku and  the Aegis.... The Aegis is a crazy build full of tiny parts. After those two im doing a Wing kit, those are simple enough :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...