Jump to content

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.


Gakken85

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

Looks like I have a healthy tax return coming this year and I would like to start work on restoring my valkyrie collection.  What pieces would people recommend?  Right now all I have is my 1:55 VF-1S Strike, a very beat and damaged custom 1:48 VF-1D (my ex threw it at me).  Two banged up 1:60 V1 Yammie VF-1, and the Arcadia YF-19.

DX:

VF-1 (J, A, or S)

VF-25 

VF-31

Arcadia:

VF-1 1/60

VF-0

Yamato:

YF-21

 

There's also other great DX valks, plus the Yamato/Arcadia VF-11 and VF-4. I wouldn't consider them essentials though.

 

Or, just go all-in on an HMR collection, with desdroids and zentradi mecha.

Edited by Sanity is Optional
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Knight26 said:

Looks like I have a healthy tax return coming this year and I would like to start work on restoring my valkyrie collection.  What pieces would people recommend?  Right now all I have is my 1:55 VF-1S Strike, a very beat and damaged custom 1:48 VF-1D (my ex threw it at me).  Two banged up 1:60 V1 Yammie VF-1, and the Arcadia YF-19.

Don't forget to pick up an SDF-1!  I recommend the old school Matchbox (Bandai) 1:3000 version if you like the original SDFM show.  You can pick those up for a song on ebay any time.  If you're a DYRL fan, go for the Arcadia one.

But it sounds like what you need most is a YF-21 to go with your 19.  Those are going much cheaper now that Bandai will be coming out with a DX version, or you could just wait for the DX.

And yeah, HMR 1:100 stuff is still plenty available if a little overpriced, but much cheaper than DX stuff.  But then again, for not much more, you can pick up Arcadia 1:60 premium finish valks for $200 new sometimes.

And don't forget about all the cool stuff that Kitzconcepts is putting out, especially the figures if you like SDFM.

Edited by Pontus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Knight26 said:

Looks like I have a healthy tax return coming this year...

^^^ 1%er :D

JK. Whatever financial situation I’m in, I usually only get what I can at around msrp or less. Right now, that’s a few Arcadia VF-1s including some very nice Premium Versions of Max & Milia’s 1Js, the VE-1 and you can probably find decent deals on a few others. There are a few DX Valks, including the new 1/48 Max 1A, some VF-31s and the SV-262 that are all at decent prices right now and very nice figures. You can probably find some deals on the older but still excellent Yamato 1/48 Valks that some people may be selling to make way for new DX versions. Other than those, I’d keep your eyes on this forum and get ready to try to preorder the next new releases to come. 

Edited by Slave IV
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, sqidd said:

Yeah, but you buy everything!:rofl:

Yeah, I get in from the get go and forget about anything I missed until it gets reissued or a better version comes around. If I try to chase stuff I wanted but missed when it was cheaper on top of all the crap I get now, I might as well sell my family, organs and cars right now because that would be the only way I could afford and make space for it. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, I get in from the get go and forget about anything I missed until it gets reissued or a better version comes around. If I try to chase stuff I wanted but missed when it was cheaper on top of all the crap I get now, I might as well sell my family, organs and cars right now because that would be the only way I could afford and make space for it. :lol:

Those organs are over-rated.:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Knight26 said:

Looks like I have a healthy tax return coming this year and I would like to start work on restoring my valkyrie collection.  What pieces would people recommend?  Right now all I have is my 1:55 VF-1S Strike, a very beat and damaged custom 1:48 VF-1D (my ex threw it at me).  Two banged up 1:60 V1 Yammie VF-1, and the Arcadia YF-19.

I saw this on etsy; you might want to take a look at it (not mine, but I wish i had the money for it!):

https://www.etsy.com/listing/734872406/huge-lot-of-robotech-macross-bandai?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=robotech&ref=sr_gallery-1-5&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I never wear clothes with letters or pictures on them. But I would get one of these. Maybe.:D

I generally don’t either but came across this and was like yeah I need one. If you hunt one down, just remember that Japanese sizes are smaller. So for example if you’re a Large you’ll want to get an XL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DYRL VF-1S said:

I generally don’t either but came across this and was like yeah I need one. If you hunt one down, just remember that Japanese sizes are smaller. So for example if you’re a Large you’ll want to get an XL.

6" 200lb 10% BF, 52" chest and 17.75" arms. Yeah, I'm going to need a XL.:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

6" 200lb 10% BF, 52" chest and 17.75" arms. Yeah, I'm going to need a XL.:D

Haha I  figured as much since you lift!

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

That sounds like  XXL territory to me. I can’t stand super tight clothes, especially for something that should be a comfortable and roomy sweater. 

Eh @sqidd will want to show off how swoll he is! Especially in a Focker hoodie! 8)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

That sounds like  XXL territory to me. I can’t stand super tight clothes, especially for something that should be a comfortable and roomy sweater. 

Yes, indeed. Hoodies are supposed to be loose. T Shirts and tank tops are supposed to be tight. Sun's out, Gun's out!:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Aaadriiann said:

Got a VF-25F Renewal in today! This definitely is my most favorite design! Got Super Parts coming from AmiAmi so will definitely post for those soon!

PicsArt_02-01-05.05.57.jpg

IMG_20200201_162716-01.jpeg

IMG_20200201_162949-01.jpeg

IMG_20200201_163400-01.jpeg

IMG_20200201_163703-01.jpeg

IMG_20200201_160655-01.jpeg

IMG_20200201_164049-01.jpeg

IMG_20200201_164333-02.jpeg

Amazing shots. Really makes me wish for a 3.0 or a 2.5. Just change the joints to the VF-31 joints and it’s perfect 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, VF-Zer0S said:

Amazing shots. Really makes me wish for a 3.0 or a 2.5. Just change the joints to the VF-31 joints and it’s perfect 

Thanks! I hear that, both this 25 and the 29 legs are a little loose, nothing some Pledge won't fix but at least we know going forward that things past the 31 have hope for ratchets!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2020 at 10:06 PM, iguanaman8989 said:

Also, a new rabbit hole to fall into and spend lots of money on!

13E441B0-F68A-4902-AD66-C33D9E8D9003.jpeg

Are the Armada miniatures not kept to the same scale like the X-Wing minis are?  I know the "canon" scale is all over the place, but I always thought the Nebulon-B was always depicted as much larger than that, compared with the Corvette.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

6CDCFA0B-EB51-43F8-86BD-EDE6AAC9CC70.thumb.jpeg.4ce1b271f29f0458c2ba3ec8b89ae4cb.jpeg

Transformers Vintage G1 Astrotrain.

Nice, I just got it too. Seems like every one I've seen so far has the same ding in the top right or left corner. Oh well, nbd. BTW, I opened it and forgot how terrible the toy actually is, If you can see from the packaging without opening, check for the wheels on top and bottom in the back because one was missing on mine so I'm going to have to exchange it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Are the Armada miniatures not kept to the same scale like the X-Wing minis are?  I know the "canon" scale is all over the place, but I always thought the Nebulon-B was always depicted as much larger than that, compared with the Corvette.

No consistent scale, else the already ridiculous 2 foot Super Star Destroyer would be as big as a table.

The corvette should be half the size of the Nebulon-B (150 vs 300 meters), and that should be a third the size of the Victory Star Destroyer (900 meters.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This Hot Toys Prime/Starscream looks pretty cool. The paint apps are nice. It's is a floppy mess of a mess though. What a piece of trash. It's wedged up in the Detolf so it doesn't crumble. In it's defense it comes with a base and stick for his butt. I expected a lot more from Hot Toys. The last three Chinese KO's I unbowed are WAY nicer than this thing is.

 

Prime-Starscream.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...