Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

24 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Don't know what that is.  I've never had to use it on any other waterslide decal I've applied before.

Without going into decaling 101, I'll just say it helps decals stick better. I always use it along with decal softener.

4 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Finally got my Xmas present opened up!

20191227_153823.jpg

A Philips Sonicare toothbrush? Nice! Robot looks okay too.

11 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Without going into decaling 101, I'll just say it helps decals stick better. I always use it along with decal softener.

I find it odd not a single one on the previous Shen Long model had this issue and I didn’t use any of that other stuff either.

17 hours ago, myk said:

Ha ha, great (or demented) minds often think alike...

hg crew.jpg

Curious, where is it made?  My Robotech In bit toys were actually made in Japan,  lol!

20191228_120742.thumb.jpg.30b73364a6f1eeeedf7a4f140f5a027f.jpg20191228_120450.thumb.jpg.ece971a112d27bac4c74bd03343e51ec.jpg

I have one of those non transforming VF-1 fighters in a different paint scheme.  I think its more HIkaru DYRL paint scheme if I remember correctly..  and it came from a toyline called ExoSquad or something along those lines.       I remember looking at it like WTF?      

My kids have been big on Ninjas from Ninjago, TMNT, Naruto and Gatchaman. Needless to say, I am proud.  :D

Sooner or later, I knew Power Rangers would be a thing and it has hit big time with them. I got my son this for Christmas. 

79B7BD85-3A68-49E5-84BF-389D21F28284.thumb.jpeg.2e5945a26a1e78387920d5db1ab432be.jpeg

I have heard “Power Star Lock in! Ninja Spin!” Constantly for the last few days, lol! Needless to say, it’s his favorite present by far and his older sister wants one for her birthday now.  :lol:

5 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

I have one of those non transforming VF-1 fighters in a different paint scheme.  I think its more HIkaru DYRL paint scheme if I remember correctly..  and it came from a toyline called ExoSquad or something along those lines.       I remember looking at it like WTF?      

That's the same toy that I posted about on the previous page but repackaged as an Exosquad toy.  Minor changes to coloring and stickering, but basically the same toy.  I wish I had picked up the Glaug and the hovertank when they were reissued as well...

18 minutes ago, scand said:

Time to have some fun with $550 worth of Valkyrie and Valkyrie accessories. Outside the stress of just getting a single fully loaded valk, I don't see how you guys ordering multiples hold it together. :/

It's called alcohol.:rofl:

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

I can't decide if this is a breakfast cereal or a fitness tracker.:unknw::D

Lmfao!  fukking auto-correct on my POS phone....

Edited by peter
Spelling

6 minutes ago, scand said:

Lot's and Lot's of Miller Lite :D

If I bought as many valks and accessories as some others here, Miller or Coors lite would be the only thing I could afford to drink.

28 minutes ago, scand said:

Time to have some fun with $550 worth of Valkyrie and Valkyrie accessories. Outside the stress of just getting a single fully loaded valk, I don't see how you guys ordering multiples hold it together. :/

Managing to get in orders at MSRP. Keeps it to ¥18000+¥4400+¥8800, or a bit under $300 before shipping.

Much more reasonable than the aftermarket pricing, even if the Strike Packs and Missiles are a bit expensive.

42 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Way too much. 

Buyee price on Missle Set = $110 shipped

Buyee price on SSP Set = $150 shipped ( I should have combined shipping on the Buyee options but didn't).

NY Price (Gouging PO) =$305

Hikaru is an anomaly that I wanted to complete, I won't care to much for the other releases.... yet!

5 hours ago, scand said:

4 hours ago, crackpot said:

Way too much. 

I'll stuck with the 1/48 Yammies to be honest. For that amount of cash, I rather have a DX VF valk and the SSP pack combo sans missiles.

$550 is a payment on a house mortgage or a down payment for a end house in YVR. :mellow:   

26 minutes ago, borgified said:

$550 is a payment on a house mortgage or a down payment for a end house in YVR. :mellow:   

I guess that's an upside to being in a high cost of living area, even $550 is just a small part of monthly rent or mortgage here.:vava:

8 hours ago, crackpot said:

Way too much. 

Value is in the eye of the beholder. Most people (non toy collectors) would say $300 is way too much. They would probably say $100 is way too much. Diamonds are another example. You can get 100% perfect chemically identical diamonds for a small fraction of what "real" ones cost. Yet people still buy "real" diamonds because it's worth it to them.

IMO telling someone that a purchase they made is "not worth it" or "too much money" is like telling them that they're wrong about their favorite color.

If looked at logically toy collecting at all is spending "way too much money". What's that phrase that comes to mind? Oh yeah. "Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".;)

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Value is in the eye of the beholder. Most people (non toy collectors) would say $300 is way too much. They would probably say $100 is way too much. Diamonds are another example. You can get 100% perfect chemically identical diamonds for a small fraction of what "real" ones cost. Yet people still buy "real" diamonds because it's worth it to them.

IMO telling someone that a purchase they made is "not worth it" or "too much money" is like telling them that they're wrong about their favorite color.

If looked at logically toy collecting at all is spending "way too much money". What's that phrase that comes to mind? Oh yeah. "Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".;)

I didn't expand on my way too much response but my point wasn't to criticize his choice of spending but the amount that it all added to. I'm not suggesting as well that he get a cheaper alternative (Yamato 1/48 or something). Knowing that said items are available for less in YJA gives me that knowledge for my purposes. Let's not readily assume. 

9 minutes ago, crackpot said:

I didn't expand on my way too much response but my point wasn't to criticize his choice of spending but the amount that it all added to. I'm not suggesting as well that he get a cheaper alternative (Yamato 1/48 or something). Knowing that said items are available for less in YJA gives me that knowledge for my purposes. Let's not readily assume. 

I/people are only able to work with what you give them. You didn't give much. The only thing that can be done with that sort of post is some assumption.

You made the point that one should not assume. And you're not wrong. I would also like to make a point. If you don't want your posts mis-construed, Try using more than three words. A "let's meet in the middle" type of situation.:good:

12 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

Night and day difference between the two. I’m not crapping on the black series but it’s crazy that people say the black series is better than the SH.

nice pic btw

I like them both. The SHF obviously has better joints, articulation and accessories (not all shown) but the Carbonized paint job on the BS is cool. But yeah, I can’t imagine someone saying the BS is better than SHF especially when comparing the regular BS version. 

On 12/28/2019 at 12:08 PM, peter said:

Curious, where is it made?  My Robotech In bit toys were actually made in Japan,  lol!

20191228_120742.thumb.jpg.30b73364a6f1eeeedf7a4f140f5a027f.jpg20191228_120450.thumb.jpg.ece971a112d27bac4c74bd03343e51ec.jpg

Dude.  I thought my shock trooper would have the same markings as yours but mine says HG/Tatsunoko/exosquad/playmates 1994 on it.

As for toy collecting and the money spent on it, c'mon you guys.  ALL hobbies are pretty much a waste of time and money that could be directed into something more sensible, so arguing about what is worth what to whom is pointless-just have fun with it...

Bought myself my Christmas present to make me feel better (way too expensive, but I'm worth it!)  Joints are a little floppy, but wow, what paint finish,  such a gorgeous mech!

IMG_8788_resize.thumb.JPG.f27dab535a5e3d26ac6692b006ad761e.JPG

Really makes the Bandai/Arcadia/Yamato stuff look and feel like toys compared to this collectable.

5 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Bought myself my Christmas present to make me feel better (way too expensive, but I'm worth it!)  Joints are a little floppy, but wow, what paint finish,  such a gorgeous mech!

IMG_8788_resize.thumb.JPG.f27dab535a5e3d26ac6692b006ad761e.JPG

Really makes the Bandai/Arcadia/Yamato stuff look and feel like toys compared to this collectable.

Fewture/Ex Gokin makes some beautiful stuff. I've got a lot of their Super Robots. They're also some of my favorites. I considered getting one of these because it was Ex Gokin more than my love for Garlands.

Edited by sqidd

16 hours ago, myk said:

Dude.  I thought my shock trooper would have the same markings as yours but mine says HG/Tatsunoko/exosquad/playmates 1994 on it.

As for toy collecting and the money spent on it, c'mon you guys.  ALL hobbies are pretty much a waste of time and money that could be directed into something more sensible, so arguing about what is worth what to whom is pointless-just have fun with it...

Did you check to see if your Veritech was made in Japan?  Kind of weird that they were able to produce a toy with so many similarities with the chunky monkey and not get any flak for it.

Also, was wondering if anybody knows whether they made any Inbit toys in Japan?  It sort of boggles my mind thinking that they made Robotech Invid toys in Japan, but no bad guy Mospeada toys were ever produced for the local market over there.

27 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

MP-47 Hound is pretty good but as usual with Takara we get high prices and bad QC. 

He looks okay, where was your break? My buddy got two, one for alt and one for bot, both were broken, one out of the box and one during transformation. Such a shame that these things are happening, I'm not a fan of the aesthetic direction, but a lot of people are getting what they want from it, these QC issues make being an early buyer seem like you're beta testing these things for Takara. 

50 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

He looks okay, where was your break? My buddy got two, one for alt and one for bot, both were broken, one out of the box and one during transformation. Such a shame that these things are happening, I'm not a fan of the aesthetic direction, but a lot of people are getting what they want from it, these QC issues make being an early buyer seem like you're beta testing these things for Takara. 

One hinge cracked out of the box on the hinge that is attached to the bottom part of the seat and the base of the neck is bent and doesnt sit straight on the hood. I got a replacement on the way but now im worried of that one coming out in worse shape than this one.