Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

29 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I rewatched some of He-man not too long ago and I must say Skeletor is one of my favorite villains ever, for being so hilariously petty. :D

Haha, gotta love that guy. He was great in the cartoon and original mini comics. 

39 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I rewatched some of He-man not too long ago and I must say Skeletor is one of my favorite villains ever, for being so hilariously petty. :D

8 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, gotta love that guy. He was great in the cartoon and original mini comics. 

Dude I love all of them.  I saw a GI Joe episode the other day and the ranting and raving of Cobra Commander was spot on.  Hilarious!  And they were so damn articulate for being an 80's cartoon.  Must have impacted my vocabulary for sure.  I was definitely impressed.

4 minutes ago, MacrossMania said:

Dude I love all of them.  I saw a GI Joe episode the other day and the ranting and raving of Cobra Commander was spot on.  Hilarious!  And they were so damn articulate for being an 80's cartoon.  Must have impacted my vocabulary for sure.  I was definitely impressed.

:D 80s cartoons were great.

Comics weren’t far off. I remember a GI Joe comic where the Commander was talking about Major Bludd behind his back and said something like “That miserable bootlicker thinks that Proust rhymes with Faust!” And at 9 years old, I didn’t know what the hell that meant, so I went to the library and the encyclopedia. Awesome. 

4 hours ago, Sildani said:

Comics weren’t far off. I remember a GI Joe comic where the Commander was talking about Major Bludd behind his back and said something like “That miserable bootlicker thinks that Proust rhymes with Faust!” And at 9 years old, I didn’t know what the hell that meant, so I went to the library and the encyclopedia. Awesome. 

Unfortunately those days are over.  Even the bios of the GI Joe and Transformers toys went to great lengths to vividly capture the flaws and virtues of their characters.  And truth be told, they were well written.  The millennials could benefit from a little imaginative fun like that.  They're more at the stage you were at at 9 years old.  Proust?!  WTF?

After passing over the MP Fuso brothers, I managed to get Artfire.

My copy had a few paint flaws and the combination of combining Grapple and Inferno's exterior mold differences makes him unique plus the colour scheme/tampo graphs makes it pop out more than compared to his brothers. The Targetmaster is not the best (and others are saying that as well), however I'll give TT credit for trying.    

DSC01286.jpg

16 hours ago, Sildani said:

12 hours ago, MacrossMania said:

Unfortunately those days are over.  Even the bios of the GI Joe and Transformers toys went to great lengths to vividly capture the flaws and virtues of their characters.  And truth be told, they were well written.  The millennials could benefit from a little imaginative fun like that.  They're more at the stage you were at at 9 years old.  Proust?!  WTF?

The origin Marvel run of GI Joe isone of my all time favorite comic book series. Love it!

Had the first half of my Christmas spending for myself come in from China finally. A set of MFT's Lost Planet KO Diaclone power armors. At $12-$15 per these things are pretty much perfectly priced for their tiny size and modest complexity. Plenty of posability and customization with the parts they have, and even little pilot figures for a bunch of them that are jointed and have feet magnets to help them stand. Already ordered a bunch more after getting these and being impressed by them. Now to wait for the others to arrive and that Jinbao Devastator that's the other half of the Christmas spending.

DSC00698 resized.jpg

DSC00704 resized.jpg

11 hours ago, Saburo said:

Ami Ami box barely fits into the hangar. :lol:

CB4B005C-44D6-4395-8AD2-E584A628DDFA.thumb.jpeg.7a2201e48bb6fe1cd37f7069ceef0de1.jpeg

everything looks good in your shots!.   hmm do I need another amiami box?  but this one have light weathering..  :unsure:

can't seem to find the forklift this time. 

12 hours ago, Saburo said:

Ami Ami box barely fits into the hangar. :lol:

Are you trying to make boxes look sexy now? Mission accomplished! 

Wish had a nice big lighted hanger like that...:sad: its ok ... sometimes better not to draw to much attention to my toys in the household to avoid unnecessary questions...if you know what i mean...:p

8 hours ago, sh9000 said:

3ED1E154-7A34-4295-84E6-696B1E8EB1FB.thumb.jpeg.acdd7c94ce0d532b88849caa094b983c.jpeg

1EBE1841-9273-401E-8BBC-E0FCF13CC7AE.thumb.jpeg.2c46defd499ebe830ab470aea4fc8f87.jpeg

350A5C56-2754-4016-B89B-0CD67E452B87.thumb.jpeg.eba8983cf65da26f59b3549a08bb5cbf.jpeg

F02DEEE3-E1D4-48DF-B9AC-7B0AC5D03AF4.thumb.jpeg.9ed40cdd26515f5545b3ed43367431fa.jpeg

66EE926E-1F99-4238-8CDE-E95B0C119AFD.thumb.jpeg.d3df7820028adaad670662a8ad30704a.jpeg

I should start getting the Bounty Hunters again (minus the Fett as I have the SDCC version already but I like the archive packaging. I just get another one anyways). Had Bossk (with other figures as well) and had to trade it in at my LCS as I was cleaning out my Black series 6 inch collection.

4 hours ago, RED WOLF said:

Guess who flew in from Hot Toys?

20190108_211130.jpg

20190108_211057.jpg

20190108_211200.jpg

20190108_211234.jpg

20190108_211322.jpg

20190108_211344.jpg

You should post this in the 1/6th thread as well. ;)

20 hours ago, RED WOLF said:

Guess who flew in from Hot Toys?

20190108_211130.jpg

Your pictures look amazing! 

You should turn on all the other lights. I have the Mark 46 so I know it's a gigantic pain putting in all those batteries, but it'll be worth it for the pictures. ;)

17 hours ago, borgified said:

I should start getting the Bounty Hunters again (minus the Fett as I have the SDCC version already but I like the archive packaging. I just get another one anyways). Had Bossk (with other figures as well) and had to trade it in at my LCS as I was cleaning out my Black series 6 inch collection.

You should.  If you sign up for the Disney Visa card you get a $100 statement credit and can get at least Zuckuss and 4-LOM for free or $100 off any other purchase.  Plus you can choose to get the Visa card with a Darth Vader image on it.

Edited by sh9000

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Your pictures look amazing! 

You should turn on all the other lights. I have the Mark 46 so I know it's a gigantic pain putting in all those batteries, but it'll be worth it for the pictures. ;)

Thank you. I have him next to the 46. The lights are PS in lolz. Didnt have time to PS everything so I just did the eyes and reactor. I'm normally not a fan of the accessories, but what came with the 47 looks cool to me. These guys are extraordinary.

3.jpg

2.jpg