Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

6 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Congrats on your purchase German!!! Love the ghosts with the RVF-25.

My latest purchase is not Macross related. Finally got official Megs:

IMG_5975.JPG

IMG_5979.JPG

IMG_5987.JPG

IMG_5995.JPG

Congrats to you too my dear friend, I'll hope to see it some time! :rolleyes:

Today's HLJ shipment.

Couldn't say no to the discount on Mirage, and I'm loving the Kyuranger mecha so far. I've got the second cockpit set en route from CS Toys, it didn't really seem like HLJ got many to begin with, the listing went to discontinued right after release.

IMG_2318.JPG

6 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Got the 1J Bundle in a trade and the Low Vis from @davidwhangchoi took a lot of convincing to get him to sell me a copy :lol: with this i now have a complete DYRL VF-1 collection. 

5D78473B-16F0-4DFF-A2E2-137713351855.jpg

:good:great buys! congrats! Hikaru's VF-1J with supers looks great and Roy's low vis 1S is probably the best 1S in my opinion and a must have in any collection!

15 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Got the 1J Bundle in a trade and the Low Vis from @davidwhangchoi took a lot of convincing to get him to sell me a copy :lol: with this i now have a complete DYRL VF-1 collection. 

4017610B-1BC1-4A53-96B9-AB97E9AE6C72.jpg

Congrats on your World Cup victory!  Who'd you play for?

...j/k

20 hours ago, anubis20 said:

5D78473B-16F0-4DFF-A2E2-137713351855.jpg

EFF28D1A-9BCA-4621-8F9B-046F3EAED02E.jpg

746DF69A-C3C1-4950-8F83-40532D055EF5.jpg

4017610B-1BC1-4A53-96B9-AB97E9AE6C72.jpg

I've paid a lot for my VF-1S Low Viz to complete my VF-1 v.2 1/60 Yamato Collection but in my opinion worth every penny! Congrats! :good:

I had the opportunity to get a low-viz VF-1S back in the day for retail price and I passed on it. It didn't look nice to me. IMO, the paint scheme made it look like it was a bad photo of a VF-1S taken at night. Years later and knowing the value it goes for now, I still do not regret passing on it one bit. I still find it ugly.

But hey that's just me. All the best to those who really like that paint scheme.

my last lot of recent (non Macross) purchases have been of the scale model car variety..

Firstly was a Fronti-Art 1:18 Koenigsegg Regera, the fully opening version! This was BIG bucks ($790 USD) but seeing how I love the real car I had to have this model! It is stunning!

Next was a Kyosho 1:18 e93 BMW M3 cabriolet. This has a wonderfully accurate functional folding hard top roof just like the real car. Got this for a bargain locally. Ungraded the brake calipers to the big brakes from a e92 coupe.. looks heaps better! 

Then I found a AUTOart 1:18 Aston Martin Vantage V12. Another gem of a model. Very nicely detailed.

And lastly (found it today actually) is a AUTOart 1:18 Nissan S30 Fairlady Coupe - Wangan Midnight - The Devil Z.. watched the anime which was only quite average but I fell in love with the car and found one in Japan for quite cheap!

Macross has definitely taken a back seat for a little while.. 

20170419_195044.jpg

20170425_085938.jpg

5797_0-auto_downl.jpg

77451.jpg

Edited by spanner

6 hours ago, spanner said:

my last lot of recent (non Macross) purchases have been of the scale model car variety..

Firstly was a Fronti-Art 1:18 Koenigsegg Regera, the fully opening version! This was BIG bucks ($790 USD) but seeing how I love the real car I had to have this model! It is stunning!

Next was a Kyosho 1:18 e93 BMW M3 cabriolet. This has a wonderfully accurate functional folding hard top roof just like the real car. Got this for a bargain locally. Ungraded the brake calipers to the big brakes from a e92 coupe.. looks heaps better! 

Then I found a AUTOart 1:18 Aston Martin Vantage V12. Another gem of a model. Very nicely detailed.

And lastly (found it today actually) is a AUTOart 1:18 Nissan S30 Fairlady Coupe - Wangan Midnight - The Devil Z.. watched the anime which was only quite average but I fell in love with the car and found one in Japan for quite cheap!

Macross has definitely taken a back seat for a little while.. 

20170419_195044.jpg

20170425_085938.jpg

5797_0-auto_downl.jpg

77451.jpg

Nice pickups! So, you are now modding your model cars? :)

you take the parts off other cars you have?

On 5/5/2017 at 9:13 PM, sh9000 said:

Very nice.

Cool.  I've got 8 of the Chain Base A's in my PW right now.

I just setup a 2 x 4 section and they are AWESOME!!!

I originally ordered 10 and after setting up a corner section I immediately ordered 11 more lol 

Once you get started with these you will want to build a 1/1 base with them hahaha :lol:

another non Macross purchase.. found this AUTOart Lambo Police car cheap on YJA! There was 6 hours to go with no bids yet so I placed a bid and hoped for the best. Woke up this morning to an email notification saying I won the action! cheer'n! :D And for less than half the price of the cheapest one I could find on ebay! :good:

lamborghini-gallardo-polizia-autoart.jpg

3 hours ago, spanner said:

LOL! I think so! :p:lol:

At my local toy shop, there are many autoart cars, but they rarely exceed the 200€ mark. Is there "limited edition" ones that cost much more? Or just they just double in price on release like bandais' Valls?

14 minutes ago, Lorh said:

My loot this week.... Only took 20 years to be able afford Macross toys... :).  Still waiting on my VF-31F though...

IMG_0116.JPG

Congrats and welcome aboard! :good: 

21 hours ago, spanner said:

another non Macross purchase.. found this AUTOart Lambo Police car cheap on YJA! There was 6 hours to go with no bids yet so I placed a bid and hoped for the best. Woke up this morning to an email notification saying I won the action! cheer'n! :D And for less than half the price of the cheapest one I could find on ebay! :good:

lamborghini-gallardo-polizia-autoart.jpg

Congrats Spanner! :good: Just shows that Japanese is not into collecting cars. YJA now is a place for Spanner to buy AUTOart cars. ;)

16 hours ago, derex3592 said:

i have the sliver version of that Aston Martin, quite simply the best looking coupe IN THE WORLD! imho....

Yeah they are a sexy looking car eh! I'm glad I found this one! Im also hunting a Rapide but they are much more expensive..

13 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

At my local toy shop, there are many autoart cars, but they rarely exceed the 200€ mark. Is there "limited edition" ones that cost much more? Or just they just double in price on release like bandais' Valls?

You can still find good priced cars but it can be difficult at times. And sadly there are also many are now double or more their original release price.. some which I had previously but sold off and now want back again.. 

53 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Congrats Spanner! :good: Just shows that Japanese is not into collecting cars. YJA now is a place for Spanner to buy AUTOart cars. ;)

Thanks Noel! I have picked up a few cars from YJA using Buyee and its always been super easy! :)

1 hour ago, Lorh said:

My loot this week.... Only took 20 years to be able afford Macross toys... :).  Still waiting on my VF-31F though...

Nice lot! Better late than never! :good:

17 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Nice! Can't imagine that one was very easy to track down! 

They're all over yahoo auctions Japan. There were some good deals recently.